Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'eggo, your opinion on this is requested.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

'eggo, your opinion on this is requested. Empty
PostSubject: 'eggo, your opinion on this is requested.   'eggo, your opinion on this is requested. EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 1:25 am

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2020/08/02/michigan-football-damon-payne-jermain-crowell-alabama-football/5552299002/?fbclid=IwAR1C7ZyfnL7Ve8g-Sfu-Kxp-7B_8ep6_2HWEomSFTyoP3szxWpc6HEYG4iI

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

'eggo, your opinion on this is requested. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'eggo, your opinion on this is requested.   'eggo, your opinion on this is requested. EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 2:12 pm

This drama goes back years between Crowell and Michigan (particularly Harbaugh). I was pretty upset when they seemed to stop recruiting him. Diehard UM family, Best kid in the state, 5* talent, etc. All of that should equal a UM lock but I said at the very beginning when he started showing out at camps a few years back that Crowell was going to be an issue. If I remember correctly, when his initial ranking came out Payne was ranked the 3rd best prospect in the state but even still he was a clear target.

The article makes it seem as if they stopped recruiting him sometime after the new year but I think it really started to fall apart a few months before. I was hearing on other forums that Nua wasn't allowed access or was having a more difficult time than others gaining access to him during the in person periods of the recruiting cycle. I can't confirm that but fast forward 10 months and it's all starting to look like it may have been true.

Crowell is a good coach and has been for a while going back to his days at CT. I think that's where it all started between him and UM but I can't say for sure. Crowell publicly questioning UM players (former players he coached at CT) on twitter certainly didn't help.

I did read a few random comments (from random people) about how the Payne family was shopping him around and UM wanted no part of that but I can't confirm any of that and I don't want any part of that narrative. We all know that the SEC is bagman country, moreso than the other conferences, so you draw your conclusions accordingly but I won't say it because to me it's just sour grapes.

I would love for UM to get back into the recruitment and make a serious push because UM can always use talent like Payne especially in a Don Brown Defense. I know UM is currently going after another BAMA commit and if UM could flip two top 50 kids from them then that would really make my day.

'eggo, your opinion on this is requested.
Page 1 of 1