Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

would you give Tom Herman a call

Go down 
+2
BOLEACH7
the artist formally known
6 posters
AuthorMessage

would you give Tom Herman a call Empty
PostSubject: would you give Tom Herman a call   would you give Tom Herman a call EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 4:30 pm

I for 1 would , he has ties to OHIO and Texas, he knows hoe O$U recruits, and he understand the rivalry in the big 10

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: would you give Tom Herman a call   would you give Tom Herman a call EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 4:31 pm

All that Texas talent and he couldn’t win a putrid big12

sandyeggo_blue and wshoes like this post

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: would you give Tom Herman a call   would you give Tom Herman a call EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 11:53 am

Give him a call with what purpose in mind? If you mean as a HC candidate, then no. His teams underperfomed either every year or all but one year. He is likely a a pretty good OC though.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: would you give Tom Herman a call   would you give Tom Herman a call EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 12:15 pm

Hey shoes , do you think Harbaugh would let the OC run his offence without interference?... Gattis was brought in to spread it out but yet sure enough there we would be running the ball on 3 and 8 right up the middle... or running three straight inside the 10 !
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: would you give Tom Herman a call   would you give Tom Herman a call EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 1:49 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Hey shoes , do you think Harbaugh would let the OC run his offence without interference?... Gattis was brought in to spread it out but yet sure enough there we would be running the ball on 3 and 8 right up the middle... or running three straight inside the 10 !

That's a good question but I just don't know. The one guy who seemed to have the most influence here was Jedd Fisch. I wish we could have kept him.

BOLEACH7 likes this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: would you give Tom Herman a call   would you give Tom Herman a call EmptyTue Jan 05, 2021 3:37 pm

absolutely not. Herman had way too much talent at his disposal and squandered it while at texas. I think he was just a "flavor-of-the-month" coach that parlayed his hot hand from O$U into a head coaching dream scenario.

Sure he had two good seasons at UH but if you really break down his overall record and those wins you'll see that they weren't that impressive. He had 3 good wins in those two years but he also had 5 pretty bad\unforgivable losses.

The main thing you can see is that his defenses at UH were never really impressive. those teams gave up a lot of points in all but one of the impressive wins (#3 louisville).

His defensive woes carried over to Texas. IMO he's not the guy to call.

BOLEACH7 and wshoes like this post

Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

PostSubject: Re: would you give Tom Herman a call   would you give Tom Herman a call EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 4:34 pm

Good coaches are born out of great players. Who remembers Norm Chow?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: would you give Tom Herman a call   would you give Tom Herman a call EmptyMon Jan 11, 2021 6:44 pm

NCHawk wrote:

USC OC, right?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: would you give Tom Herman a call   would you give Tom Herman a call EmptyTue Jan 12, 2021 4:58 pm

NCHawk wrote:

I am fully aware that this wasn't the point of your comment but hey, I've gotta be me.

https://coachingtreehotseat.com/what-is-norm-chow-doing-now/

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: would you give Tom Herman a call   would you give Tom Herman a call Empty

Back to top Go down

would you give Tom Herman a call
Page 1 of 1