Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: world juniors

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OT: world juniors Empty
PostSubject: OT: world juniors   OT: world juniors EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 12:53 am

Congrats to the US team.

You wont see him on the stat sheet but Beniers had a hell of a Gold game performance. youngest kid on the team. Can't wait to get him and York back on the ice this coming week.

the artist formally known and wshoes like this post

Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: OT: world juniors   OT: world juniors EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 12:32 am

watch the finals real well played although I thought The game with the Fins was the key game.The Game with Canada was tough but the USA had control of the game most the way. What happen to Russia

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

sandyeggo_blue likes this post

Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: world juniors   OT: world juniors EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 8:00 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
watch the finals real well played although I thought The game with the Fins was the key game.The Game with Canada was tough but the USA had control of the game most the way. What happen to Russia

Personally I don't think Russia was that great this year. Sure they could beat the lesser teams but Canada destroyed them. Despite the final score (4-1, and included 2 ENGs) the Finland game was pretty close. Finland went up 2-1 with less than 2 minutes left in the 3rd period. True, Russia beat the US 5-3 in the first game of the tournament for the US but it was the US's first game. They hadn't gelled as a team yet. As you can see they did and they did well. Russia had been playing together for much longer. As with most sports it's not so much who you play but when you play them.

Also, the US rode a hot goalie. A hot goalie changes things. I hate saying this but see the 2007 michigan state sparty team. They finished in 4th place in the CCHA that year and somehow squeaked into the tournament. Jeff Lerg won that Natty for sparty. That and the team as a whole said "F.U." to Rick Comley and played how they wanted to play, but Lerg stood on his head.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: world juniors   OT: world juniors EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 9:30 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:
...Personally I don't think Russia was that great this year...

Bo 2.0 wrote:
...True, Russia beat the US 5-3 in the first game of the tournament for the US but it was the US's first game.  They hadn't gelled as a team yet....

Bo 2.0 wrote:
...Also, the US rode a hot goalie.  A hot goalie changes things...

all of this

PostSubject: Re: OT: world juniors   OT: world juniors Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: world juniors
Page 1 of 1