Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game Day - Minnesota

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Game Day - Minnesota Empty
PostSubject: Game Day - Minnesota   Game Day - Minnesota EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 5:24 pm

This is going to be a good game. I think UM's depth helps them pull away late but there are some great matchups. Here is what I am looking for tonight...

1. The guard matchup is obviously the #1 thing to watch. Marcus Carr is probably 1st team AA right now but Eli is playing great defense. I read a stat that Carr draws over 6 fouls a game so the Brooks/Smith combo is going to be key. I think Carr is averaging almost 25 a game (dont qoute that) so if Mich can get him in the 15pt range then it will help tremendously.

2. After doing some research I was confused because I didn't remember their C from last year Robbins. I definitely remember Oturo making UM his bitch last year but I know he's in the NBA now. Anyway, it turns out that Robbins is transfer from Drake and I just don't keep up on the basketball like I do other sports. I had to do some reading up on him and this kid is as big of a nightmare as Oturu was last year. Hunter is going to have his hands full tonight. Robbins is averaging 15 a game. So if Hunter can keep him from going off like Oturu did last year then UM will be sitting pretty.

3. Livers is shooting 40% from the 3 so I'm looking for him to hit at least 4 tonight.

4. Chaundee is the X factor here and he probably will be for most of the rest of the way through the B1G play. UM has a quality depth advantage. Look for Brown to add another 10+ pt game.

5. Franz is getting hot and he's playing really high caliber basketball on both ends. His play is undoubtedly making him a lottery pick. I hope to see him keep it up but it's his defense that needs to work tonight.

Prediction - UM pulls away late and wins by almost 10. Final score 75 - 67

side note: Brooks and Hunter have foul trouble late and make me bite off the remainder of my fingernails (after the WJC finals last night)

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Minnesota   Game Day - Minnesota EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 6:22 pm

Good analysis Sandy. I've watched Minn and Robbins has been outstanding, but he isn't as athletic as Oturu was.

We play these guys 2 of the next 3 games so it sure would be nice to get a win in tonight to guarantee no worse than a split with them.

sandyeggo_blue likes this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Minnesota   Game Day - Minnesota EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 7:41 pm

For obvious reasons the road atmosphere this year doesn't hold the weight that it typically would in years past but that said, Minnesota has lost it's only two road games this year by an average of almost 20 points. That bodes well for Howard's boys tonight.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Minnesota   Game Day - Minnesota EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 8:26 pm

The spread I'm looking at has Michigan -8 and O/U 149

I'm taking points and under.

We win. We don't cover.

Maybe. Lol

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Minnesota   Game Day - Minnesota EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 10:17 pm

the announcers touched on it earlier but I never really noticed that Smith and Hunter really do have some chemistry. I wonder how much the 2s run with the 1s in practice because there hasn't been any drop off from brooks being out.

also livers defense has been fantastic so far.

side notes... Carr wearing those bright green shoes is easy for me to keep track of ha ha. And did I see Petino wearing a candy bracelet?

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Minnesota   Game Day - Minnesota EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 10:22 pm

halftime adjustments I would like to see Brown get some points.

I didn't like the lineup on the floor where brooks and smith were both out there. That was interesting to me.

Carr has 10 pts now and 8 of those came in the last 2 minutes. UM can't let him get hot like that.

Hunter is phenomenal.

The foul situation is way better than could be expected so I'm happy with that.

More dribble drives and kick out for 3s because Hunter is going to get his. Might as well attack and create to keep them on their heels.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Minnesota   Game Day - Minnesota EmptyWed Jan 06, 2021 10:52 pm

zero answer for Hunter right now. Full on second half clinic for Michigan

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Minnesota   Game Day - Minnesota EmptyThu Jan 07, 2021 2:13 pm

Our post entry passes have been fantastic and Hunter knows what to do with them, no wasted moves at all. He often keeps the ball high so shorter defenders can't slap it away.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Minnesota   Game Day - Minnesota Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Day - Minnesota
Page 1 of 1