Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Charbonnet

Go down 
+2
BOLEACH7
dwoody
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Charbonnet Empty
PostSubject: Charbonnet   Charbonnet EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 1:21 pm

No surprise. Transfer portal.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Charbonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charbonnet   Charbonnet EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 2:05 pm

Another cursed highly recruited RB
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Charbonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charbonnet   Charbonnet EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 4:26 pm

And unlike Derrick Greene and Kareem Walker, I thought Charbonnet's talent was real and would translate to D1 level. The saving grace is that RB may be the deepest position on the team with Haskins and Corum and Donavan Edwards coming in.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Charbonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charbonnet   Charbonnet EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 4:09 pm

wshoes wrote:
And unlike Derrick Greene and Kareem Walker, I thought Charbonnet's talent was real and would translate to D1 level. The saving grace is that RB may be the deepest position on the team with Haskins and Corum and Donavan Edwards coming in.

The sad thing is that it already was BEFORE Corum emerged. Add Haskins (who people thought would be special anyway) and Donovan (people are acting like he can walk on water, and from the Belleville state semi-final game last week maybe he can?). Charbonet leaving was a surprise but I guess his ego won't allow him to compete for/share the job.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Charbonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charbonnet   Charbonnet EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 4:09 pm

wshoes wrote:

The sad thing is that it already was BEFORE Corum emerged. Add Haskins (who people thought would be special anyway) and Donovan (people are acting like he can walk on water, and from the Belleville state semi-final game last week maybe he can?). Charbonet leaving was a surprise but I guess his ego won't allow him to compete for/share the job.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Charbonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charbonnet   Charbonnet EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 4:51 pm

I thought he was great. Are you guys saying he was only so-so?

I don't agree with the way we use our running backs. We need to find one and make him the dude. All of our history shows if we have one we have major success.

Let's say there's 30 carries a game. Right now we've got 4 guys getting 7 a game. Or 2 getting 10 and 2 getting 5. How are they supposed to get a rhythm going? And why would a highly rated RB come to Michigan if he's getting 8 carries a game?

sandyeggo_blue likes this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Charbonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charbonnet   Charbonnet EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 6:47 pm

joe wrote:
...I don't agree with the way we use our running backs. We need to find one and make him the dude. All of our history shows if we have one we have major success.

Let's say there's 30 carries a game. Right now we've got 4 guys getting 7 a game. Or 2 getting 10 and 2 getting 5. How are they supposed to get a rhythm going? And why would a highly rated RB come to Michigan if he's getting 8 carries a game?...

+10

wshoes

Charbonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charbonnet   Charbonnet EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 10:21 pm

joe wrote:
I thought he was great. Are you guys saying he was only so-so?

I don't agree with the way we use our running backs. We need to find one and make him the dude. All of our history shows if we have one we have major success.

Let's say there's 30 carries a game. Right now we've got 4 guys getting 7 a game. Or 2 getting 10 and 2 getting 5. How are they supposed to get a rhythm going? And why would a highly rated RB come to Michigan if he's getting 8 carries a game?

I think there's a happy medium somewhere between a work horse getting 25 carries a game and 4 guys splitting carries so that no one consistently gets even 15 carries. There are benefits to the back with not getting a 25 carry workload, i.e. their bodies don't take as big of a beating. The old saw in the NFL was that Bo's backs while terrific in college often disappointed in the NFL because they were so beat up before they got there. Eric Dickerson was one of the true NFL workhorse backs, I don't think it's coincidental that he shared carries in college with Craig James.

As I said though, a happy medium would be good.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Charbonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charbonnet   Charbonnet EmptyWed Jan 20, 2021 11:04 pm

I don't mind a situational back. Goal line bruisers work for me. A back that is head and shoulders above in blocking being in on a passing play or a back that has the best hands of the group being in to catch the screen.

The problem clearly becomes that it tips the offense's hand. Example: every time mcdoom was in it was a sure fire jet sweep.

Joe touched on it 100%. The RBs haven't gotten a rhythm going and that's hurt the running game. this is michigan and I bet most of you will have to google the last time Michigan had a 1000yd rusher and that's pathetic. Not that you have to google it, but that it's been so long ago.

Charbonnet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charbonnet   Charbonnet Empty

Back to top Go down

Charbonnet
Page 1 of 1