Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Well, that sucks...

Go down 
+2
michmike
dwoody
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Well, that sucks... Empty
PostSubject: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 2:45 am

Too bad about the cancellations. This is a special basketball team. I truly hope they can come back. It’s a shame the nation didn’t respond appropriately last Spring, when it was much easier to address. Now, we have a worse-case scenario. Thank god for the vaccine. I get my first shot this p.m.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 8:56 am

Yes it certainly does, Woody, coming as it does when our scorching-hot basketballers are at their peak...but, health and safety first.

Here's hoping, as you do, that they don't lose too much of their momentum (or whatever it is) during the practice-only (if they even do THAT)
fortnight...

As for your comment about "...last April..." Let's not blame the entire nation for the inaction/lies of ONE PARTICULAR IGNORAMOUS (or his
henchmen)...
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 11:01 am

like Tony Gwynn in 1994 chasing .400

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 11:14 am

michmike wrote:
Yes it certainly does, Woody, coming as it does when our scorching-hot basketballers are at their peak...but, health and safety first.

Here's hoping, as you do, that they don't lose too much of their momentum (or whatever it is) during the practice-only (if they even do THAT)
fortnight...

As for your comment about "...last April..."   Let's not blame the entire nation for the inaction/lies of ONE PARTICULAR IGNORAMOUS (or his
henchmen)...

No practices, they can't even use workout facilities. But hey, no worries, Biden has a plan.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 11:19 am

Finally a man with a plan. This stuff should have been happening 11 months ago. Even now, half the people in this country are unwilling to make any sacrifices for the good of society as a whole. Real third world shit going on here...

Guy w/nothin better to do likes this post

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 11:24 am

dwoody wrote:
Finally a man with a plan. This stuff should have been happening 11 months ago. Even now, half the people in this country are unwilling to make any sacrifices for the good of society as a whole. Real third world shit going on here...

I guess you missed the part about where Biden said this week that "nothing we do over the next few months" is going to appreciably stop the spread."
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 11:30 am

I saw that and understand exactly what he meant. The situation is dire because not enough was done in past months. Time is needed to slow the spread and turn the curve downward. Think of an ocean liner. Anyone can see this, with open eyes.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 11:34 am

dwoody wrote:
Even now, half the people in this country are unwilling to make any sacrifices for the good of society as a whole...

SPOT ON, Woody.  The intentions, or plans, of one person, congress of people, or both, however scientifically sound or well thought-out, are INEFFECTUAL while the obstinacy, recalcitrance and sheer stupidity of tens of millions leads them to refuse to wear masks, socially distance or exhibit common sense during this pandemic.

dwoody likes this post

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 11:58 am

dwoody wrote:
I saw that and understand exactly what he meant. The situation is dire because not enough was done in past months. Time is needed to slow the spread and turn the curve downward. Think of an ocean liner. Anyone can see this, with open eyes.

Of course that is true and I agree, but that is not what Biden said during the campaign, and in fact he has not introduced any fundamentally new plans, as of this writing.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 12:02 pm

He’s been in office less than FIVE (5) DAYS!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 12:37 pm

dwoody wrote:
He’s been in office less than FIVE (5) DAYS!

Yet he has already canceled the pipeline, banned fracking on Federal land, halted new permits for oil drilling, and moved some troops back into Syria- impressive.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 12:40 pm

It is impressive. Positive moves that benefit society as a whole. Man-made climate change is real and dangerous.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 1:05 pm

I see you didn't endorse the troops in Syria.

The energy moves so far have buoyed Russia and Iran, who both stand to gain from them and pissed off Canada who benefitted as American workers did, from the pipeline.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 1:10 pm

By the way, do not mistake me, I am not in anyway a climate-denier, but policies should be thoughtful and considered and not knee jerk reactions to undue what a hated rival has done. The facts are that the US has reduced carbon emissions over the last 4 years, while also becoming energy independent. Re-entering the Paris Accords is largely symbolic on our part (except for the very real money which we will pour into it), when the largest polluters on earth: China and India aren't even required to comply for years to come by the very terms of the agreement.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 3:11 pm

This shit could have been done 6 months earlier had somebody had taken it serious, not mentioning any names. The relly bad thing is no practice means they will come into a very tough mid season situation without prsctice and conditioning, going to be very tough to do.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 3:22 pm

I can’t imagine they’ll be playing at top level when/if they come back. There’s little that can be done to stay basketball sharp for the next 13 days, then bam!! Playing practiced teams. Juwan’s going to be earning his money, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Guy w/nothin better to do

Guy w/nothin better to do

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 3:45 pm

wshoes wrote:
dwoody wrote:

I guess you missed the part about  where Biden said this week that "nothing we do over the next few months" is going to appreciably stop the spread."

That means that it is too late to just magically stop it. What we are seeing now was caused months ago.

No politics, especially when your "alternative facts" are incorrect.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 7:19 pm

I still think the team is set up to make a deep run. Defense is playing really well and that's going back to the summer. take a few games off the schedule and that bodes well for the B1G teams because it's a murderers row night in and night out. Keeps the boys fresh. If they get to play the tourney then this only helps our boys.

PostSubject: Re: Well, that sucks...   Well, that sucks... Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, that sucks...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Michigan Basketball Forum-
Jump to: