Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

will johnson

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

will johnson Empty
PostSubject: will johnson   will johnson EmptySun Feb 28, 2021 11:02 pm

Will Johnson is a big time kid. BIG. TIME. KID.

First off it's nice to see the #1 kid in the state finally stay in the state and commit to Michigan.

Second, he's in a position of major need so this is a double whammy for UM.

Third, I know back in early January he tried to commit to that team down south but Jim and his father were instrumental in pumping his brakes. Jim ended up with a contract extension. As soon as he was hired Linguist made Will know that he was primera prioridad and to top it off, the Bellamy hire was icing on the cake.

I can't tell you how devastated I would have been to see a 5*, top 10 overall player, at a position of major need, in state kid and a legacy with two parents that are alums and a father that play for Michigan go somewhere else, particularly to our biggest rival so I'm so happy he stayed.

I read somewhere a while back that both Will Johnson and Domani Jackson said they always wanted to play together. That would be a major major win if they can now flip domani from USC to Michigan.

Jackson and his father are die hard Michigan fans and Domani is definitely on record saying that Michigan is his dream school.

Do I think Jackson will flip to Michigan? Probably not, but I'd bet my paycheck that the staff is working that angle hard. I know they want Jackson also and I know that even though he's a california kid he gave Michigan serious thought before committing to USC.

get your popcorn ready because that recruiting battle isn't over.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:49 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

will johnson Empty
PostSubject: Re: will johnson   will johnson EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 12:02 am

Well...let’s hope!
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

will johnson Empty
PostSubject: Re: will johnson   will johnson EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 2:26 am

dwoody wrote:
Well...let’s hope!

Aren't you the one who doesn't believe in verbal commitments?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

will johnson Empty
PostSubject: Re: will johnson   will johnson EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 4:06 pm

Hey sandy speaking of can’t miss 5* players what’s your take on Daxton Hill so far ? Seemed to be out of position quite a bit watching this season .... some reports he was suffering from injury from the opening game .
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

will johnson Empty
PostSubject: Re: will johnson   will johnson EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 10:42 am

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Hey sandy speaking of can’t miss 5* players what’s your take on Daxton  Hill so far ? Seemed to be out of position quite a bit watching this season .... some reports he was suffering from injury from the opening game .

well as I've said before, I'm not an Xs and Os guy. I'll try my best at times to give analysis but I'm clearly not the guy on this board with those types of answers. I will however take a stab at this one just because I saw a few things this last season that stuck out to me.

1. Yes there were rumblings that Dax was not playing at 100% last year and that may be the case but there were SEVERAL plays that I saw throughout the year where he didn't even seem to be in the right position at all. Particularly the switch offs with the CBs. Maybe that is a communication issue with the DBs but it just looked like he was lost.

2. Bob Shoop just wasn't the guy. I don't remember safety play under Partridge being all that bad but Shoop was just a terrible safties coach. To be fair I'll mention a few things on safety play...

a) the D line got zero pressure this past year so there were a lot less quick play check downs from the opposing QBs. Even an extra second can make a world of difference. Those quick slants are typically where safties tend to thrive and "make their money" and with receivers getting an extra second of separation or route running time it really exposed Dax.

b) I don't think the CB talent was on par with what Michigan has fielded in the past few years. We saw a TON less man coverage or press this year. I've heard others argue that it's because the refs call everything as interference these days but regardless, opposing receivers had so much separation this past year and QBs with that extra second seeing their guy run down field with separation tend to take shots downfield. If it's not to Dax's side then you can't expect him to get all the way over to the top to help.  

3. I constantly saw Dax watching receivers on zone play. I don't know much but I do know that he's supposed to be fixed on the QB in those instances.

So what's the answer moving forward? Well I sure hope that Bellamy is it. I am optimistic though because from all accounts Bellamy is a hands on guy. He's also a very relatable guy on a lot of levels and I had heard in the past that Shoop wasn't so much. I even read somewhere that someone posted something about Shoop holding zoom meetings even though the coaches and players could meet in person. I can't confirm though but it's food for thought. Back to Bellamy, he's a former receiver so that knowledge that he will bring should help the safeties understand the mindset of a receiver.

I think with the talent coming back and the talent coming in and the new-look young, fresh, hungry coaching staff we are going to see major improvement across the board. Then again, that was the worst defensive I've seen UM field since 2008 so it can only get better.

I think Dax feeds off of that shows his 5* talent.

BOLEACH7 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

will johnson Empty
PostSubject: Re: will johnson   will johnson Empty

Back to top Go down

will johnson
Page 1 of 1