Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gameday - Illinois

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Gameday - Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Gameday - Illinois   Gameday - Illinois EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 3:35 pm

This is probably the game that has me worried the most since the beginning of the season but maybe I shouldn't be worried at all depending on if Dosunmu is going to play. As of now he is still considered day to day. If he suits up the game changes completely. Remember I had Illinois as my preseason pick for the B1G.

Illinois averages 80+ a game but Dosunmu was averaging 21 before his broken nose. They struggled late against wisconsin so if Dosunmu doesn't play then depth could be an issue for them and Michigan has absolutely dominated in the second half this season (save the Minnesota loss).

Kofi Cockburn is going to be Hunter's biggest test of the year. Even more so than Garza. If Hunter plays half as well against Kofi as he did Garza Michigan should be sitting pretty.

Keep them from shooting 3s. Frazier can get hot and he loves to shoot 3s. Fun stat that I read, 70% of his scoring this year is from behind the 3 line.

On paper they match up across the board

Illinois
Total score - 81.21
Field goal % - 50.07
Three point % - 38.12
Free throw % - 68.80
Total rebounds - 40.21

Michigan
Total Score - 78.84
Field Goal % - 49.73
Three Point % - 39.01
Free Throw % - 77.57
Total Rebounds - 38.89

The early spread was Illinois +7 but it's all the way up to 8.5. If Dosunmu plays isn't going to matter. I think the game is extremely tight down the stretch so I'd take Illinois and the points.

The OU is 145 and I'm taking the over.

Last 3 times they've played Illinois is 2-1 straight up, 2-1 ATS and they are 1/2 on the OU.

sandyeggo_blue

Gameday - Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Illinois   Gameday - Illinois EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 4:35 pm

Somehow I forgot to mention that an outright B1G title is on the line tonight. With a win tonight the Wolverines can win the outright title for the first time since 2014 and only the 3rd time in 40 years (85' & 86').

the artist formally known

Gameday - Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Illinois   Gameday - Illinois EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 8:41 pm

Michigan shooting poorly, Dickinson not having a good game and Coburn basicly playing zone making inside game tough Wagner cold again in an important game. Not many good looks

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down

Gameday - Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Illinois   Gameday - Illinois EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 9:00 pm

Michigan not looking like Michigan,cold shooting from the outside, and not making layups. 32% shooting as hoping Livers and wagner would take over from the outside. Illinois to quick and Cockburn owning the inside, has Dickinson in foul trouble. Michigan is 8-23 from 2pt land may be trying to challenge the middle to much. Hate to say it but my bneed to Jack more 3's

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

joe likes this post

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Gameday - Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Illinois   Gameday - Illinois EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 9:13 pm

Let’s see how Juwan adjusts. Plenty of time.
Back to top Go down

Gameday - Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Illinois   Gameday - Illinois EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 9:30 pm

Wagner sure doesn't look good against good teams that cab defend . Livers 1 shot at the 11 minute mark of the 2nd half. wish he was more aggresive

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Gameday - Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Illinois   Gameday - Illinois EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 9:49 pm

it's just one of those nights. It happens. It's no coincidence that Livers, Dickenson and Wagner are all having terrible nights because Illinois is playing great defense.

I didn't like this matchup from the get go.

Frazier is having his way tonight too.

So much working against them but if these two teams play 5 games I think Michigan wins 3.

Just one of those nights I guess.

Gameday - Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Illinois   Gameday - Illinois EmptyTue Mar 02, 2021 10:01 pm

WOW Frazier ate up Brooks in the 2nd half. Carved him up like a Turkey

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Gameday - Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Illinois   Gameday - Illinois EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 9:35 pm

Not anxious to face Illinois again, unless it's in the final 4. Bad night sure, but I agree with Sandy, it's a bad match-up.

MSU becomes huge now, we want to win tomorrow, or we possibly leave MSU with a chance to deny us a Big Ten title (assuming Illinois wins their last 2), at Breslin on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gameday - Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Illinois   Gameday - Illinois Empty

Back to top Go down

Gameday - Illinois
Page 1 of 1