Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2

Go down 
+3
dwoody
the artist formally known
sandyeggo_blue
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 Empty
PostSubject: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 11:12 am

Tonight is probably THE single most important game for the team thus far. I know every game is important and I hate to put more weight on one single game but coming off the beating that Illinois just gave them and knowing this is the front end of back-to-back meetings I think the pressure is mounting.

Also, I think they are probably feeling the pressure of the expectations that have been building over the past few months. Let's face it, this team has grossly exceeded the media's and most of the fans' pre-season expectations. At times, while listening to the post game interviews, it seemed like they were trying to embrace the growing expectations from the outside. But who knows, maybe they've had these expectations even before the season and they have just been good at hiding them.

Whatever the case you have to think that they would be absolutely deflated to lose out on something that has been so close to grasping. For the two weeks prior to the Illinois game it was as if the B1G championship was just sitting there waiting for them to pick up and put it in the trophy case. Now that they have some work to do in these next two games it feels a little like pressure is building up.

Throw on top of that the fact that this is a major rivalry game. Also, without trying to get ahead of myself, these two games are really a precursor to the next couple of years in this rivalry. Beilein did a hell of a job taking a heavily lopsided rivalry and turning it into a fairly even matchup. Given how well Juwan has recruited I feel like the tide can turn in our favor for the first time in decades but that all starts in the next two games.

The lines right now are Michigan -12. I am hoping for a big bounce back from Illinois but given the rivalry and the hot stretch the sparty had there for a minute I anticipate it being a closer game.

In the last 3 meetings between these two MSU is 2-1 ATS and 2-1 strait up.

The OU is 140.5 and although I expect UM to put in a good defensive effort tonight I think it's going to be a high scoring affair.

I'm taking MSU +12 and picking the over.

Michigan wins 80-73

Get your popcorn ready!!!

Michigan leads all offensive stats for the season:

MSU
Total Score - 70.29
Field Goal % - 42.63
Three Point % - 32.73
Free Throw % - 72.67
Total Rebounds - 38.00

Michigan
Total Score - 77.55
Field Goal % - 49.09
Three Point % - 38.82
Free Throw % - 77.10
Total Rebounds - 38.25

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 11:17 am

Wanted to add the three things I'm looking for tonight..

1. Rebounding. After watching the Illinois game I don't think this need any explanation.

2. 3pt shots. Sparty guards them well which brings me to #3.

3. Hunter. If the 3 isn't there I want to see Hunter be Hunter again. I'd love to see him (and Austin) have a monster game down low.

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 12:18 pm

This matchup worries me the most, you have an injured dog in the corner, who needs this bone more than anything, MSU is always a 2nd half of the game 2nd half of the season beast. Michugan guards are the issue in defense and the Spartans strength. Livers and Wagner need to step up. Not to mention senior night a big emotional game a rival, just seem that the mountain is so big, hoping Michigan shows up with a passion to win. Not to mention the best coach in the last 10 years on the other bench

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 3:22 pm

Any word on Livers? Is he good to go? I haven’t found any current (today) info.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 4:36 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
...Michugan guards are the issue in defense and the Spartans strength...

I'm not sure which guards you're talking about but let me throw some numbers out there for you...

- Franz and Brooks are #6 and #13 in the conference in steals per game (1.35 & 1.21) while Henry is the only sparty on the list in the top 30 of the conference.

- Franz and Livers are #12 and #17 in the conference in blocks per game (1.05 & .85) while bingham and henry are the only two sparties on the list in the top 30 of the conference although they do sit at #6 and #7. BTW Hunter sits at #3 overall in the conference.

- Franz and Livers each have 100+ def rebounds this season and sit at #14 and #16 overall (off and def) while Hauser is the only sparty with more than 100 def rebounds. Again, Hunter sits at #7 overall in the conference with 122.

If Chaundee wasn't coming off the bench I am positive that he would rank tops in a lot of these categories as well.

Basically, the defense by our guards is not a problem at all. It's actually a strong point. I'm not sure what games you've been watching or where you are getting your info from.

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 4:41 pm

dwoody wrote:
Any word on Livers? Is he good to go? I haven’t found any current (today) info.

Had to go back and find a Freep article that I read yesterday but Juwan said he isn't concerned about it and Livers said he felt good after but would get it re-evaluated.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2021/03/02/michigan-basketball-isaiah-livers-ankle/6897787002/

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 8:24 pm

Vitale annoys the hell out of me.

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 9:30 pm

I mean, does he ever shut up???

sandyeggo_blue likes this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 9:31 pm

I used to like his schtick while I was in high school (early 90s) but yeah it's gotten old over the years.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 9:42 pm

I wish he’d just call the effing game instead of telling us his life story.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 10:23 pm

I told my dad, as much as he drove us nuts imagine if you were a sparty fan. There's nothing worse than being on the other end of a Dickie V Rant.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 10:35 pm

Thank god Sunday’s game is on CBS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 11:02 pm

Sandt i didn't get to see a whole lot of the game I had to bowl tonight they did have the game on. The Gguards I was referring to were Smith and Brooks i was worried that MSU Henry would be able to take them off the dribble I wasn't worried at all about the defense of Livers and Wagner, only their ability to score looks like Wagner had a great game. Livers so so but with 7 rebounds and 2 steals looked like he did okay.Nice win and conference champs closing out MSU its all good

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 2:35 pm

dwoody wrote:
I wish he’d just call the effing game instead of telling us his life story.

Or if he insists on the latter, it would be alright if he would restrict his harpings to the SUCCESSES in his life he has encountered/accomplished.

We wouldn't even have to temporarily hit the 'MUTE' button in such an event.

I can decide between which individual made a larger MINT on more pronounced, umm, 'ineffectiveness'...Dickie V. or Bob Uecker.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 3:54 pm

Yeh, I was wondering just how many Magic Johnson references he was going to make.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2021 11:13 am

I liked hearing him talk about the webber and rose recruitments. I could tell he was joking and it was kind of funny.

The story about him barely losing to Michigan in the second round for his last game as a coach was interesting also so I didn't mind that.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 10:45 am

Dick, is by all accounts a very nice guy, treats fans he meets in public very well, and does a ton for charity. He is way, way, past his prime as an analyst as we get almost no analysis from him, he works in all his catch phrases multiple times, and is a distraction as he talks over game action.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2021 10:35 pm

dwoody wrote:
Vitale annoys the hell out of me.

Unfortunately for you (actually you really don't care) he reinforces my view of the "game".

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 7:48 am

wshoes wrote:
Dick, is by all accounts a very nice guy, treats fans he meets in public very well, and does a ton for charity. He is way, way, past his prime as an analyst as we get almost no analysis from him, he works in all his catch phrases multiple times, and is a distraction as he talks over game action.

Frankly, Shoozie, I could NOT have said it one iota better. Every one of your points there is well taken. DV indeed does seem like a decent human being; malice toward none, wants to help those in need.

And as you rightly assert, DV the "analyst" is another story entirely. His catch phrases are all nearly TWO SCORES old, yet he insists on repeating them for the billionth time each, and he can't shut his trap during key game action.

He needs to leave sports color commentary COMPLETELY and maybe start his own talk show.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2021 7:53 am

wshoes wrote:

Frankly, Shoozie, I could NOT have said it one iota better. Every one of your points there is well taken. DV indeed does seem like a decent human being; malice toward none, wants to help those in need.

And as you rightly assert, DV the "analyst" is another story entirely. His catch phrases are all nearly TWO SCORES old, yet he insists on repeating them for the billionth time each, and he can't shut his trap during key game action.

He needs to leave sports color commentary COMPLETELY and maybe start his own talk show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2   Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gameday - Sparty 1 of 2
Page 1 of 1