Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum Mystery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Forum Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Forum Mystery   Forum Mystery EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:38 pm

The Fuck Off Trolls thread is higher than some of the threads that have been posted on today. On the main page it shows Joe responded today but when you go to the thread the last post was made yesterday. Conversely, the Super Bowl post that I posted on this morning is near the bottom of the page. From the main page it shows I was the last one to post on it. However, when you click on it there is a response by Admin who was the last to post on it.

Confused? Me too.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Forum Mystery Empty
PostSubject: I stand corrected   Forum Mystery EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:41 pm

the Super Bowl post was not responded to BUT the Fuck Off Trolls observation still stands.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Forum Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Mystery   Forum Mystery EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:42 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
The Fuck Off Trolls thread is higher than some of the threads that have been posted on today. On the main page it shows Joe responded today but when you go to the thread the last post was made yesterday. Conversely, the Super Bowl post that I posted on this morning is near the bottom of the page. From the main page it shows I was the last one to post on it. However, when you click on it there is a response by Admin who was the last to post on it.

Confused? Me too.

I think topics are simply bumped up based on the last response. Also, settings are currently that any topic that receives 15 posts to it, it qualifies as a 'Burning Topic', or something to the effect, hence the flame surround the topic arrow on the left.

I'll look deeper.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Forum Mystery Empty
PostSubject: FIgured it out   Forum Mystery EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:48 pm

I was thrown off by the pages. On page 1 is the most recent post. In every other thread/forum I have been on the more recent posts go to the last page. So Joe's post today is #1 on the first page vs. being at the bottom of page 2.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

Forum Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Mystery   Forum Mystery EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:51 pm

You are correct Admin, many forums work this way. It is cool because a topic of interest won't scroll off the page, and you do not have to scroll down the main page to find it.

I wish I could figure out how to have the original post at the top of the page when I open it, then scroll down to read the responses. Right now when I open a thread I see the latest (newest) response, then have to scroll all the way down to find the thread starting post.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Forum Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Mystery   Forum Mystery EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Wolverdog wrote:

I wish I could figure out how to have the original post at the top of the page when I open it, then scroll down to read the responses. Right now when I open a thread I see the latest (newest) response, then have to scroll all the way down to find the thread starting post.

Agreed! That is what has been throwing me off. So as the thread get longer you will need to go to the bottom of page 10 to see the original post. Page #1 post 1 will always be the most recent. Unless Admin can change it.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Forum Mystery Empty
PostSubject: I too wondered if   Forum Mystery EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:57 pm

an individual could choose to get the posts in "Newest first" at the top or "Oldest first" at the top.

I figured ADMIN had a plate so big that it wasn't too important yet.

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Forum Mystery Empty
PostSubject: LOLOLOLOLO   Forum Mystery EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:00 pm

The FUCK OFF TROLLS is our first BURNING TOPIC!!!!!
Admin wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

Confused? Me too.

I think topics are simply bumped up based on the last response. Also, settings are currently that any topic that receives 15 posts to it, it qualifies as a 'Burning Topic', or something to the effect, hence the flame surround the topic arrow on the left.

I'll look deeper.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Forum Mystery Empty
PostSubject: About all that........   Forum Mystery EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:10 pm

Wolverdog wrote:
You are correct Admin, many forums work this way. It is cool because a topic of interest won't scroll off the page, and you do not have to scroll down the main page to find it.

[and let me start this post by saying that, well, I've already written a response to this once, 10 mins ago...a long one, but apparently I didn't read my own advice and make sure that the first screen that popped didn't say "someone else has posted, do you want to modify". So, of course, I just noticed my post isn't here....so I'll start over lol. lol but fck]

I do have the ability to change topic bumping....but I think most people like NOT having to search for the last replied-to topic.

Now, regarding recent vs older posts INSIDE a topic......I CAN change that, to make the original post of the topic always at the top, and with the newest post at the bottom. I will say, the one thing about changing it to that style (old top, new bottom), is then it will essentially become what our topic bumping doesn't do for us. We will have to scroll down constantly looking for the newest reply....and after so many replies on a certain topic, you will have to start flipping through pages to find the newest replies. I don't like the thought of that one bit, personally.

Perhaps I'll poll that, and see what the majority of folks prefer.

[and this post better freaking make it up this time, lol].
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

Forum Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Mystery   Forum Mystery EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Understood, that makes sense also.

I have also noticed that a multi-page thread will give you the option of which page to go to on the main forum page, so if you know you want to see the latest entries you can go there. Of course, it also works in reverse if you want to see the thread starter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum Mystery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Mystery   Forum Mystery Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Mystery
Page 1 of 1