Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Post spring game starters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Post spring game starters Empty
PostSubject: Post spring game starters   Post spring game starters EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 11:18 pm

My best guess.... clearly up for debate. Let me know your thoughts. I'm sure there are differing opinions and I'm sure I've missed something here.

OL

1 - LT 5th Senior Ryan Hayes, LG Junior (RS) Trevor Keegan, C Grad Transfer Olu Oluwatimi, RG Junior Zak Zinter, RT (RS) Karsten Barnhart
2 - LT Sophomore (RS) Jeffrey Persi, LG Freshman (RS) Giovanni El-Hadi, C Freshman (RS) Greg Crippen, RG  Freshman (RS)  Raheem Anderson, RT Junior (RS) Trente Jones

Trente Jones and Karsten Barnhart will battle all year long for the 1 spot and that's a good thing. I believe that Jones will be the starter by the end of the season and that will be the only quality depth at a position on the line going into the season. Other than that, the game experience for the 2s is questionable. Other than Persi none of these guys have seen any meaningful snaps. So depth is going to be a quesion mark. The 2s must get early playing time during blowouts. That said, the 1 talent is just as good as last year. Look for this unit to allow the offense to operate at a higher and higher level as the season goes on.

QB

1 - Junior (RS) Cade McNamara
2 - Sophomore JJ McCarthy

Two of the top QBs in the conference. JJ will replace Cade as the starter by the Sparty game. Not because of anything Cade is lacking, more so because of the toolset that JJ brings.

RB

1 - Junior Blake Corum
2 - Sophomore Donovan Edwards
3 - Freshman (RS) Tavierre Dunlap

The best RB duo on the B1G. Edwards will replace Corum as the starter by the Sparty game. Again, not because of anything that Blake isn't doing. Edwards brings more tools to the table. That said, even though Edwards is the starter they still split time evenly mostly due to situational downs.

WR

1 - 5th Senior Ronnie Bell, Senior Cornelius Johnson, Sophomore Andrel Anthony
2 - Senior Mike Sainristil, Junior Roman Wilson, Junior AJ Henning
3 - Freshman Darrius Clemons, Freshman Amorion Walker

Absolutely loaded WR room. Best in the B1G by a wide margin. It's an embarassment of riches and I like it.

TE

1 - Senior Erick All
2 - 5th Senior Luke Schoonmaker

Two swiss army knives. Both are jack-of-all-trade-type TEs. Exactly what Bo would've wanted Jim to have on his roster. Nothing flashy, they just make blocks and plays when needed. See the buckeye game last year. These two will be nightmare matchups with proper play calling because of the insane amount of Offensive talent on the field.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Post spring game starters   Post spring game starters EmptySun Apr 03, 2022 11:20 pm

forgot to add that after the 2s on the O Line this team is young and I like that. I think the OL can be really good for the foreseeable future. I like the recruiting and the development over the last 4+ years. I was wrong on a few of these guys and I admit it but I'm happy to be wrong (looking at you Karsten)
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Post spring game starters   Post spring game starters EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 8:42 pm

I already see my first mistake. I forgot to take into consideration that Sainristill has moved to the Defense.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Post spring game starters   Post spring game starters EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 10:20 am

I can not argue with any of it. I can not glean that much from the game.

But based on the game and last year I think you are pretty spot on.

BTW Persi looks HUGE. Not sure how good he is but he is big.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post spring game starters   Post spring game starters Empty

Back to top Go down

Post spring game starters
Page 1 of 1