Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Matty wants Thomas Gordon to "play faster"....like Jarrod Wilson, maybe?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Matty wants Thomas Gordon to "play faster"....like Jarrod Wilson, maybe?  Empty
PostSubject: Matty wants Thomas Gordon to "play faster"....like Jarrod Wilson, maybe?    Matty wants Thomas Gordon to "play faster"....like Jarrod Wilson, maybe?  EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:14 am

Not inferring anything, because my last topic was about Matty and how he hasn't really 'noticed' the freshman yet.

BUT...

Gordon never could lock down that position last season.

Any chance, IF Wilson comes in and shines, Gordon loses his spot again this season?

He wants Gordon to take more chances quickly while playing downhill on run support and in pass defense, a strategy that could result in even more turnovers.

"I'm looking for him to play a lot faster, and I've told him that straight out," Mattison said. "Sometimes guys worry about 'am I fast enough, can I do this?' Well, yeah, you're out there, you've got to be able to do it.

"I think maybe he's understanding that a little bit. Give yourself a little credit, you can run pretty well, and don't think that everybody's going to out-run you, that's knowing yourself and knowing the scheme and knowing you can play faster."

Gordon is expected to be part of a secondary that returns all four starters from a year ago. Jordan Kovacs should anchor the group at strong safety while sophomore Blake Countess and junior J.T. Floyd both return after starting at corner last season.

Remains to be seen...

Matty wants Thomas Gordon to "play faster"....like Jarrod Wilson, maybe?
Page 1 of 1