Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.

Go down 
+6
exmichresident
stjotoo
michmike
Admin
MichiganFootball13
Go_Blue
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. Empty
PostSubject: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:01 pm

Even though UM is out of the tourney, I still root for the B1G. That being said, is it me or are the announcers of the Wiscy game just sucking Syracuse dick? Sorry for the obscene language, but it is the only way I can describe it.

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:23 pm

stupid last 15 seconds by Wiscy. Unbelievable choke

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:50 pm

I agree. What a last possession huh. Only one worse was michigans
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:02 pm

I was screaming for Ryan to take a TO, especially around the 10 second range. You could tell early nothing was going to develop, they were still stuck out on the perimeter like they were all game.

They needed a TO there by the bench, so they could inbound from near the elbow along the sideline. Perhaps they could have gotten the ball inside off the inbounds, because they sure as hell couldn't all game from the point or wing.

Just my thoughts during that. But I'll never claim to have a whole lot of basketball knowledge. I honestly couldn't tell you if SU played a 2-3 or a 3-2 all game ha. My basketball interest is 1/10 of football X's and O's, and that may be a generous estimation.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:19 am

Go_Blue wrote:
Even though UM is out of the tourney, I still root for the B1G.

Sorry, friend, but I can't make that BLANKET statement. Yes, I wanted Wiscy to pull it out,
as they SHOULD have...but I was happier than a pig in shit over Sparty getting blown out!
Frankly, I'd have been equally glad had OSU gone down.

Their flaming fans have made me that way. "Reduced me to that state," if you prefer...but
nonetheless that's how it is.

And despite being an Upstate NY native, I have NEVER LIKED the 'Cuse. So, to quote Wolverine
Historian, for me the SU-OSU final Saturday will be a case of evil-vs.-evil. Well, at least ONE of
them has to lose.
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:34 am

I completely agree with Mike that as Michigan people that we all do not have to be B1G fans. It was GREAT to see the Spartoons get blown out, but was personally sad to see Wiscy blow it in the late stages of the game. I also am an upstate NY native and have little respect for Syracuse. The Moo U fan base and even more so, the OSU jackass fan base are complete turnoffs to a Michigan man (me) and (good Michigan women also). The Syracuse/OSU game tomorrow is like a MSU/OSU game: too bad someone has to win.

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:59 am

I agree MicMike! I always use to root for big 10 teams (when they didn't play us). But those fans at "the other forum" made me hate Mich St. Well, along with their fans in general. I was rooting against the spartans big time and happy. Wisky did a nice job hanging in there and botched it up at the end but they should be happy, it was a good game to watch.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:02 am

I was rooting for Ohio and For Wisconsin last night.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:04 am

I root for UM. I'm not a B1G fan. I do love the conference, and I love that UM is part of B1G, but I don't root for a team just because they play in the B1G.

For instance, I never, ever root for OSU. I rarely root for MSU, never in football. When I fill out a Bowl pool or a BB bracket, I try to pick with my head. I then root for the team I picked. I also never pick MSU or OSU to win their bowl games. Just can't do it, because then I would have to root for them.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:05 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I was rooting for Ohio and For Wisconsin last night.

Can't ever do it. When UM needed OSU to beat MSU to share the title I still didn't root for OSU, I rooted against MSU.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:37 am

stjotoo wrote:
I also am an upstate NY native and have little respect for Syracuse.

Then we shared a very painful experience, stjotoo---the year between the 1998 and 1999 M-SU games!!!
Cripes, living less than two hours west of Syracuse, and working among throngs of Orange fans, made life hell in the week following Donovan McNabb's toying with our "defense" 9-12-98.

(And I still don't know how in hell the 1997 super unit could return NINE STARTERS and be as pathetic as it
was in those first two '98 games, letting ND rush for half a mile and SU do practically anything it damned pleased. Then again, given that one of the missing starters was named CHARLES WOODSON...)
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:20 am

I agree wisky totally blew that game. it was a great game to watch, both team played great, and broke out the offense and were running it great. I totally think that Ryan blew it by not calling the TO, if nothing else take it to the hole look to dish or get the fouled, not the 28 ft 3 point shot.

Wow I either got to learn to type or proof read every post sorry people if I'm hurting your EYE'S and Heads

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Last edited by the artist formally known on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 am

I must admit, Rembrandt, your "Drunken Disorderly" following our loss last Friday notwithstanding, that is ONE GREAT PICTURE of a Black Lab.

A near-unmistakeable intimation of your poster name on the "other" board.

I have a Chocolate, who until Father Time caught up with him, was (for the better part of 8 or 9 years) my running partner...and I thus have a weakness for America's No.1 breed. When old "Rueben's" time comes,
I'm thinking a Black, though the daughter (who bamboozled me into getting that as-a-puppy-housewrecking-nightmare in the first place) wants a Yellow.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:27 am

I typically root B1G, but I was rooting for UL last night. Felt bad for the Wiscy kids (although I hate that freaking team...Bo Ryan is a helluva coach).

Mainly, basketball means little to me in the grand scheme of things.

I do 'blanket' root for B1G in bowls though. Tired of our conference getting its ass kicked and it reflecting poorly on UM.

joe

joe

PostSubject: I used to   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:34 am

Admin wrote:
I do 'blanket' root for B1G in bowls though. Tired of our conference getting its ass kicked and it reflecting poorly on UM.

But I don't anymore.

I'll root for all but one. They say it's because they are our biggest rivals. I say it's because they are the biggest assholes. (Now THAT'S something they should be proud of.)

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Admin wrote:
Mainly, basketball means little to me in the grand scheme of things.

I see that I'm rubbing off on you Basketball

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.   OT:  Basketball:  Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead. Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Basketball: Sorry, but the other board is kind of dead.
Page 1 of 1