Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More on John Hoke...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

More on John Hoke... Empty
PostSubject: More on John Hoke...   More on John Hoke... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:20 am

Saw this tweet last night:

J.B. Fitzgerald ‏ @therealfitz42 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Heart and prayers go out to my Coach for his loss. RIP Mr. Hoke, Glad you were able to see what your son was able to accomplish #betterplace

Not sure if it could be said any better? Wish he could have seen his son win the B1G and play in the Rose Bowl (I'm not taking a jab at all in saying that, don't read it that way), but I think he watched his son do the next-best thing.

Now, how does/will the passing of Coach Hoke's father effect Team 133?

Let me preface this by saying I don't mean ANY of this to be cold or inconsiderate or anything of the sorts. I'm just taking a step back and trying to analyze it.

First, how will this effect spring practice? Is the team going to take the next few days off while coach Hoke mourns with his family? Will spring practice continue without him??

The selfish side of me would like to see the program suspend spring ball until Hoke returns to AA. I want him on the field for every single one of those 15 practices. End of story.

Second, how will this effect our team heading into the season? (I don't see a negative effect...so I'll reword.) Could this be used by the players as a rallying cry for the season? Not just playing for Michigan, their teammates or their coaches, but playing in memory of their Head Coach's father?

I don't know if they would do that, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear about it in an ESPN College Gameday feature in week 5 or something random.

Maybe I'm just rambling. But to Hell with it, I post my ramblings to you folks. Razz

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: More on John Hoke...   More on John Hoke... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:23 am

Didn't know this, just read it on Twitter...

John Hoke played for Woody at Miami (OH), alongside Bo.

Decent write-up:

http://www.freep.com/article/20120327/SPORTS06/120327071/1054?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FreepMichiganWolverines+%28freep.com+%7C+Michigan+Wolverines%29

michmike

PostSubject: Re: More on John Hoke...   More on John Hoke... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:37 am

Not rambling at all, Admin---aside from your confusion of "effect" with "affect". I'm prone to think that if Mr. John Hoke's passing affects the team, or spring camp, it will be in a positive way.

But all that's unimportant at this point.

Peace be on you, Mr. Hoke--- from watching and hearing son Brady, on the field and off, and in situations TOTALLY REMOVED from football (Michigan or otherwise), it's obvious his dad did a FIRST-RATE job in fatherhood.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: More on John Hoke...   More on John Hoke... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:39 am

I thought I had effect and affect backwards that entire post.

But after I had typed 'effect' once, I just went with it. lol

GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: More on John Hoke...   More on John Hoke... EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Be with God John Hoke! He sounds like a man I would have loved to meet. Coach and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More on John Hoke...   More on John Hoke... Empty

Back to top Go down

More on John Hoke...
Page 1 of 1