Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LTT's grades...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

LTT's grades... Empty
PostSubject: LTT's grades...   LTT's grades... EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Posted a photo on twitter of his grades.

STRAIGHT A's.

Congrats, LTT.

(I know, HS isn't difficult, but I'm more than happy to see we're recruiting well-rounded kids.)

michmike

LTT's grades... Empty
PostSubject: Re: LTT's grades...   LTT's grades... EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:59 am

Admin wrote:
(I know, HS isn't difficult, but I'm more than happy to see we're recruiting well-rounded kids.)

Ahem, let's QUALIFY that a tad, Addy. For you, I, most posters on this board and most everyone any of us know it may not have been, but for many young people---and I restrict that to those who WANT to learn---
it can be very challenging.

And I'm not referring only to keeping up in the classroom. I'm talking about the "other" counterproductive interferences pervasive in too many high school settings. (No need for details, eh?) And in particular, in
inner-city schools, which many of these kids are forced to attend.

And though I certainly didn't need such "elucidation", the daughter's (teaching) experiences in Baltimore
(and even Annapolis) have repeatedly borne that out for me this past year. Wish to heck she could teach a few courses, and learn a few "names", at nearby Our Lady of Good Coun(tess)sel High!!!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

LTT's grades... Empty
PostSubject: Re: LTT's grades...   LTT's grades... EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 1:15 pm

I was gonna say something mike but I decided not to as I feared back-lash from others. Therefore I dropped it, but I'm glad you brought it up.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

LTT's grades... Empty
PostSubject: Re: LTT's grades...   LTT's grades... EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Ahh, pin it ALL on me, whydon'tcha???

Yes, indeed, 2ndC. That's why I decried the "need for details"...

But to your point, I wouldn't worry---on THIS forum, I doubt you'll get much non-constructive, or purely negative, backlash, given that we agreed long ago to keep politics and religion off. The opinions of our fellow posters HERE may disagree with yours, but I haven't seen any ad hominem attacks.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

LTT's grades... Empty
PostSubject: Re: LTT's grades...   LTT's grades... EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:09 pm

I still fear hearing someone out of left-field saying "People with bad grades just need to try harder and pull themselves up by their boot-straps."

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

LTT's grades... Empty
PostSubject: Re: LTT's grades...   LTT's grades... EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:57 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I still fear hearing someone out of left-field saying "People with bad grades just need to try harder and pull themselves up by their boot-straps."

Point taken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LTT's grades... Empty
PostSubject: Re: LTT's grades...   LTT's grades... Empty

Back to top Go down

LTT's grades...
Page 1 of 1