Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?

Go down 
3 posters

A) Yes
Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?  Vote_lcap60%Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?  Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
B) No
Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?  Vote_lcap40%Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?  Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?  Empty
PostSubject: Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?    Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?  EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?  433px-10

Here's a short blog piece on Big House Report that I just came across.

http://www.thebighousereport.com/2012/01/fritz-crisler-most-important-man-in.html

What do you think?

If you choose "No", who do you think is?

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?    Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?  EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:37 pm

I chose "No" because with a storied program like Michigan's there is no way to single out one person as the most important in Michigan History. What about Yost, Canham, Schembechler, Carr, or even Hoke (just to name a few)?

As Bo said, "No man is more important than the team." and you can generalize that to mean "No man is more important than another for the program."

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?    Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?  EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:59 pm

I certainly understand your points.

I just read that blog and thought it was worth sharing/asking.

The article makes me want to say yes. BUT, I tend to agree with you. Even more, I place almost equal if not more importance on Bo. Because of it want for him, we may have never remained relevant.

But who knows.

Screw. Woodson is the most important ever!!! Haha jk.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?    Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?  EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:03 am

I voted no for the reason 2ndComing cited. Given the longevity (133Y) of our storied program, so MANY have had major positive influences on it, to the extent I can't think it possible to single out any given individual.

The members of 2ndC's list (Yost, Canham, Bo...) all merit consideration. But I have to defer to Bo's "NO man is more important..."

And no single man (or woman) could have done it without tons of help from others in other facets of the program's building and maintenance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?    Fritz Crisler: most important man in UofM football history?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1