Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is really cool. Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

This is really cool.  Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost. Empty
PostSubject: This is really cool. Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost.   This is really cool.  Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost. EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 7:12 pm

http://www.ur.umich.edu/update/archives/120629/falcon

That's an incredible honor, see Coach Carr has done a ton for the University (despite his somewhat childish, but correct, reaction to Rich Clod).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: This is really cool. Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost.   This is really cool.  Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:47 am

Not getting this post...Lloyd's correct reaction to RR? What was so correct, asking players to transfer? Calling Mallett's dad and telling him to transfer? He had some really great teams and underachieved. Never could figure out the spread and what he did to RR was BS! He had a mean side to him, ask former players and media. I'm not saying he didn't do good things (the hospital). By the way, can we get over the whole RR thing.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: This is really cool. Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost.   This is really cool.  Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:43 am

exmich, I will never get over the RR thing. He nearly killed a proud program. He was the absolute worst thing to happen to UM football.

Oh, and I know you say "read the book", well, I did, twice and it just came across to me as a propaganda piece for RR.
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: This is really cool. Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost.   This is really cool.  Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:00 am

Hey fish, just one question...was it a propaganda piece when he wrote the book for Bo? (answer this question)
fish, do you want me to get you hooked up with weather, we can do a group rate thing. He's doing much better, no more nightmares. By the way, why did you have to read it twice? I got it the first time.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: This is really cool. Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost.   This is really cool.  Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Was the Bo book a propaganda piece? Hell no. It was written years after Bo's legacy was set. It wasn't written to get people to like him. Huge difference.

I don't have nightmares, but, if you fail to remember the past, you are doomed to repeat it.

I read it twice, because you actually said to me in the other forum "maybe you should read it again". It wasn't a bad read, so I thought I would read it again with more of an open mind.

I know you only asked the question to be a smartass, but there's you fucking answer. I hope I have answered all of your questions to your satisfaction.

And, your post says "one question" then you go on to ask me three questions. I was able to count to three the first time, were you?
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: This is really cool. Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost.   This is really cool.  Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:35 pm

I can still fit you into a session with weather. You are upset and your language a little rough. The next time I post anything re:RR (sorry) and it doesn't involve you...just disregard it. Now, we are both Mich fans, let's try to get along. I think the fireworks went off a day early. Happy 4th!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: This is really cool. Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost.   This is really cool.  Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:42 pm

exmichresident wrote:
Not getting this post...Lloyd's correct reaction to RR? What was so correct, asking players to transfer? Calling Mallett's dad and telling him to transfer? He had some really great teams and underachieved. Never could figure out the spread and what he did to RR was BS! He had a mean side to him, ask former players and media. I'm not saying he didn't do good things (the hospital). By the way, can we get over the whole RR thing.

Selective reading? I said "despite his somewhat childish, but correct, reaction to Rich Clod". That means that the transfers, temper-tantrums, etc. were childish BUT he saw Rich Clod for what the idiot really was. Coach Carr could easily be sitting there with his arms crossed now saying "I told you so" but he is not.

Didn't really say anything about the Rich Clod debacle, you did. I merely mentioned Coach Carr's reaction to him.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: This is really cool. Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost.   This is really cool.  Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:44 pm

2nd coming, why would Carr be sitting with arms crossed saying "I told you so" when he recommended the hire? In fact secretly, also as I recall before Martin and Coleman knew?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: This is really cool. Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost.   This is really cool.  Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost. EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:25 pm

You read that in Bacon's book. When Coach Carr was not in instrumental part of the selection process (i.e. picking one of his guys, read RE) he decided to let whoever was chosen fail miserably. Unfortunately Rich Clod had the deck stacked against him, he never had had the chance to succeed of course he is too arrogant to take any help. Hopefully he has learned from this experience and I do wish the dullard from West Virginia luck at UA.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is really cool. Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost.   This is really cool.  Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost. Empty

Back to top Go down

This is really cool. Lloyd, Bo, Fritz, and Yost.
Page 1 of 1