Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great Playoff story...looking like 2014, boys!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Great Playoff story...looking like 2014, boys!! Empty
PostSubject: Great Playoff story...looking like 2014, boys!!   Great Playoff story...looking like 2014, boys!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:52 pm

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7851441/source-bcs-exploring-neutral-site-4-team-playoff-format

Seriously, read this.

Good info in there.

flabluefan1

Great Playoff story...looking like 2014, boys!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Playoff story...looking like 2014, boys!!   Great Playoff story...looking like 2014, boys!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:16 pm

The article isn't very clear, but I'm hearing that the top 8 BCS teams will play in the 4 BCS bowls on New Years Day and the semis and final game will be at neutral sites (or possibly the BCS sites on a rotating basis ) the next week and then the NC game at a neutral site (most likely Dallas) the week after that.

D0wnside is that it would destroy the traditional conf tie ins to the bowls. Also Last year if this had been in effect no BigTen teams would have been in the playoffs.

you would have had LSU v K State, Bama v Boise, Ok St v Ark, and a Stanford v Oregon rematch if this system was in effect last year. Frankly none of those games excites me very much.

If that's what is coming though you could get a bunch of BCS games like that on New Years. I'd rather watch Wisc Oregon or Stanford Ok St or UM Va Tech myself.
Back to top Go down

Great Playoff story...looking like 2014, boys!!
Page 1 of 1