Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Ohio has the most Talent"

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

"Ohio has the most Talent" Empty
PostSubject: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:38 am

Was watching ESPN College Football Today and the Wonks were sitting around talking about the B1G. Herbie was the moderator. (Robert Smiff was one of the analysts.)

They basically said Ohio would run the table and their 2 biggest games were Wisconsin and Michigan in the last 2 games of the year. Those 2 games will be Ohio's "Bowl Game" for the year so they are going to put everything they have into them. Trust me, if Ohio happens to go 12-0 and can't play in the postseason we'll hear about it for years and years in the future.

But they honestly believe Ohio has the most talent in the B1G. Just knowing Ohio for the last 40 years I would not be surprised either.

I'll still take our boys in Maize and Blue!

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:40 am

They have a lot of talent, but I think they are going to have some uninspired seniors on the team.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 9:57 am

I guess that's where the leadership comes into question. If the coaing staff can channel that into making Michigan their BOwl game then it's a big one.

If the coaches fail then it goes your way.

I think it's a toss up except you KNOW they are gonna be up for us regardless.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 11:59 am

I think they should have self imposed a bowl ban last year. If they had, the NCAA would have accepted it, and it would be done. The culprits are all gone now. Makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 12:08 pm

That's the way it always is though fish.

Look at who did the deeds at USC and look at who is paying for those deeds.

I think they should have gotten a 2 year bowl ban. 1 for the year they lied to the NCAA and one for the penalty.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 12:26 pm

I agree, but Ohio had the chance to be stand up about it and failed. LOL, like they would be stand up about it.

They weren't going to be that good last year anyway, why not take the ban yourself from a bowl in a year when you know the bowl isn't going to be that great. Now they come into this year with a ton of talent and nothing to play for.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:50 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Now they come into this year with a ton of talent and nothing to play for.

Ha!!

Just try telling that one to any OSU fan who sees a game with Michigan on the schedule...ever.

They could go 2-10, and if one of the two was a win over U-M, it would constitute a highly-successful season.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:54 pm

michmike wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Now they come into this year with a ton of talent and nothing to play for.

Ha!!

Just try telling that one to any OSU fan who sees a game with Michigan on the schedule...ever.

They could go 2-10, and if one of the two was a win over U-M, it would constitute a highly-successful season.
I agree, but I guess what I meant was nothing to play for in the big scheme of things. No Championship chance, no BCS Bowl chance.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:58 pm

Nope. Just a chance to RUIN MICHIGAN's chances.

I totally see your point.

It'll be interesting to see how this year pans out for them.

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 2:42 pm

Fish writes: [No] Championship chance, [no] BCS Bowl chance.

Joe writes: Just a chance to RUIN MICHIGAN's chances.

Umm, my experience tells me, friends, that in the typical OSU mind (pardon the oxymoron/moron), the difference (in motivation) between the two is VERY SLIGHT.

OK, 'nuff said on this point. I'm sure all three of us, and virtually all other posters on this board as well, will
wholeheartedly agree: bowl, no bowl, 11-0 or 4-7 coming in, we'll definitely get OSU's best shot.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Smith is a schmuck job.

Herbie, despite his alma mater, I tend to respect...for whatever reason.

Mainly from after this past year's ND game. I lingered in that stadium for at least 45 mins after the game. I made my way down to row 1 behind our bench. Herbie was walking on the field and a fellow M fan asked Herbie to come to the wall to take a picture with the man's infant child. Kirk was very cool about, took the infant from the father's arms and stood taking multiple, multiple pics.

I literally said out loud, standing right there, "Dammit Herbie, I don't like you, but I respect the hell out of ya." he looked and gave me a goofy smile (he understood). That was that.

Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:27 pm

And lest people forget, Ohio had the better, all around talent, during the Cooper years. How'd that work out?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Go_Blue wrote:
And lest people forget, Ohio had the better, all around talent, during the Cooper years. How'd that work out?

Great, great, great point.

+1,000 for Go_Blue!!

(although we don't have points here lol)

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyTue May 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Don't forget we had some years recently where all we were playing for was to be spoiler and that did not end well for us either.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:22 am

WillieMfan wrote:
Don't forget we had some years recently where all we were playing for was to be spoiler and that did not end well for us either.

Quite true, Will---nor did it for them (in a spoiler-only role) last year, either.

(Though they came a helluva lot too close for comfort...)
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:43 am

Well regardless of what's going on at the time we'll get their best shot I think

PostSubject: Re: "Ohio has the most Talent"   "Ohio has the most Talent" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Ohio has the most Talent"
Page 1 of 1