Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

York chooses Big Blue!

Go down 
+4
joe
sandyeggo_blue
BetterThansparty
Wolverdog
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

York chooses Big Blue! Empty
PostSubject: York chooses Big Blue!   York chooses Big Blue! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:17 pm

3* on Scout, see Admin's post below for more particulars.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: York chooses Big Blue!   York chooses Big Blue! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:43 pm

Not too surprising considering his other offers. Still, I'm still pleased because of everything I have heard. Hopefully he is the diamond in the rough that we've been looking for. A potential #1 in 3 years?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: York chooses Big Blue!   York chooses Big Blue! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:57 pm

Of course if the coaches like him enough to offer him a scholarship then I'm not going to argue. He clearly has the athletic tools and I'm sure his character is more than adequate to be extended an offer to become a Michigan Man.

I don't want to sound like a certain Arizona Sparty and talk about winning with less talent because "our coaches are the greatest talent evaluators in the world" but, I thought the target was/is Treadwell.

From all that I have been reading it sounds like York had a big weekend at camp and impressed enough people to get an offer. Fair enough, but do we not feel that good about our chances with Treadwell or am I reading to far into this offer and over analyzing too much.

Oh yeah... by the way, Welcome aboard York. We look forward to great things from you on and off the field.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: York chooses Big Blue!   York chooses Big Blue! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:17 pm

I seriously do not know but do we have room for 2 WR's in this class? I assume that we do but also, I'm not completely positive that Michigan would be that attractive to stud WR prospects. We're going back to smash-mouth football, and with the weather up here wouldn't logic dictate that 5-star WR's go south?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: York chooses Big Blue!   York chooses Big Blue! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 6:42 pm

We're going back to power football.

That doesn't mean we're going to 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

We're going to run a pro-style offense.

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: York chooses Big Blue!   York chooses Big Blue! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 8:07 pm

IMO Hoke and staff are doing it the right way, 4 & 5 stars on the lines will make three star receivers & corners look like 5 stars. Once the lines are established then the 5 star WRs, RBs, & CBs will be lining up.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: York chooses Big Blue!   York chooses Big Blue! EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:14 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
We're going back to power football.

That doesn't mean we're going to 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

We're going to run a pro-style offense.

With one of the best QB prospects in the country mind you. I do not think they are bringing Shane in for his knack for handing the ball off. Did anyone know that York is a lifelong Sparty fan? Not sure how I feel about that. Guess he will have to change his allegiance in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: York chooses Big Blue!   York chooses Big Blue! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:25 am

WillieMfan wrote:
Did anyone know that York is a lifelong Sparty fan? Not sure how I feel about that. Guess he will have to change his allegiance in a hurry.

Uggghhhhh...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: York chooses Big Blue!   York chooses Big Blue! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:59 am

My best friend growing up was the biggest Michigan fan I ever knew, his family had season tickets for like 30 years. He was not recruited by Michigan and eventually signed with State and now he no longer associates with Michigan. So if he could do it I'm pretty sure York can.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: York chooses Big Blue!   York chooses Big Blue! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:12 am

I, in no way want to insult you or your friend, but I have the feeling that he was bitter that Michigan didn't want him. That is the M.O. of the entire campus in east landfill, Michigan rejects. That is why they are so bitter towards us.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: York chooses Big Blue!   York chooses Big Blue! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:19 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Of course if the coaches like him enough to offer him a scholarship then I'm not going to argue.

Works for me, Sandy. 'Nuff said right there. Given who "the coaches" are...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: York chooses Big Blue!   York chooses Big Blue! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:23 pm

I think the coaches were looking to take 2-3 WRs in this class, off the top of my head.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: York chooses Big Blue!   York chooses Big Blue! Empty

Back to top Go down

York chooses Big Blue!
Page 1 of 1