Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Csont'e York Video is not pretty.

Go down 
+6
sandyeggo_blue
hailtoyourvictor
fishgoblue22
GOBLUEJOE66
dwoody
joe
10 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Csont'e York Video is not pretty. Empty
PostSubject: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 3:37 pm

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/08/police_release_video_of_u-m_wi.html#incart_river

Do not see a positive spin on this one any way you try to look at it.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Wow, I just read the comments at the end of that story.

MLive hasn't changed one bit has it?

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Mlive is "that way" regardless of the forum topic. It is rife with asshole across the spectrum.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 6:22 pm

That was MUCH worse than I thought, but I have one question. Did you happen to see the guy standing in front of the one that York hit back up just before York hit him? Seems to me that that person knew what was coming. Regardless, it doesn't lessen how stupid York was, but I just wonder why he appeared to back up all of a sudden.

Go Blue!! Smile

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 7:00 pm

That was a heck of a punch.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 10:22 pm

Wow.... the victim had his hands in his pockets. Total cheap shot.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 12:18 am

Here's what I see in the video....

There are two to three guys all conversing around CY and Jones.

This video must have picked up right after CY claims a guy "rubbed up against him" because I don't see that.

I do see where CY says that the victim walked up to Jones. I can't tell whether that was confrontational or not though. The article quotes CY saying, “He pressed up on him face to face exchanging words for no reason,” ... “I got (nervous) and scared about the situation so I hit the guy. I punched him.”

I didn't see any "pressing". I saw at least a foot of space between Jones and the victim the entire time.

The article also says "Jones said the victim walked up and taunted him before York punched him." I didn't see that on the video either but that could have been before the start of the video.

From what I can see, a third guy in the jeans and light colored collared shirt approaches the group and raises his arms. That could be when CY gets nervous because right after the collared shirt guy walks through is when CY seems to get in a stance ready to act/react.

At that point you can see the guy in the white shorts get between CY and the victim. If I had to guess I would guess that he was telling the victim to just chill or walk away perhaps. But when the guy in the white shorts steps out of the way CY sits the victim down.

Whether or not CY really felt threatened at that point or if he was just being an ass isn't for me to decide.

I sure would like to know the BAC of the victim though. CY blew a .05 which in my mind doesn't make him anywhere near belligerent.

At face value this seems like a group of testosterone filled assholes exchanging words and one guy ended up learning a hard lesson that he might not be as bad as he thinks he is, or at least to think twice before running his mouth next time. For the record though badasses don't sucker-punch people but they don't walk around with their hands in their pockets neither.

On CY's side, alcohol doesn't seem to be that large of a factor so IMO he should have known better and just walked away. Failure to meet team standards? Absolutely.

Hey CY you gotta sit for now and at some point in the future you have to earn your way back on the team.

Hey victim, you popped off to the wrong guy, called him and his buddy bitches and now you're sitting at home drinking your meals through a straw for the next few months. Lesson learned? I hope so buddy.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:14 am

That is a very pro-York way of viewing the video, Sandy.

I see two guys (A and B) trying to leave the bar and two other guys (C and D) standing in their way and starting controversy. Guy A is avoiding conflict by walking past the controversy. Guy B is avoiding conflict by keeping his hands in his pocket and not escalating the situation.

You assume guy C was telling the victim to "chill" or "walk away". How do you know he wasn't getting in his face and saying something like "try me, pussy" or "step up, faggot"? I've seen countless numbers of fights where people get that close to entice the other guy to swing first. What was said between the two at that point is nothing more than speculation, but don't take a pro-Michigan football side just because it's Michigan football.

The fact is that York broke a guys jaw when the guy had his hands in his pocket and posed little threat to York.

Your final paragraph is a bit disturbing considering we have no idea what was said or if the victim, who now has to drink his meals through a straw for the next few months, even did anything wrong. From the video provided, he seemed to be doing everything he could to keep his cool and not escalate the situation.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:17 am

Also, when the two white guys approach, York gives a little "no no" headshake as if he won't allow the white guys to pass. That's when the guy in the collared shirt raises his arms like "why not, man?". York then steps aside allowing the guy in the collared shirt to pass but gets ready to cold cock the victim.

What I think is that York told a B/S story to police not knowing the incident was caught on camera. You're free to believe what you want, but for once I'm not looking at things with homer glasses on.

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 8:35 am

After watching the video I am with Hail. I absolutely will never root for this thug. I don't think he deserves a second chance as far as football goes. This is where I think all schools need to step up and be firm with ALL athletes and start cleaning this shit up. He might have lied his way out if this if not for the video. Complete sucker punch and run. I hope hoke grow a set, doesn't play him until convicted and then dismisses him.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 12:43 pm

Get his ass off the team. Send him to East Lansing.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 12:54 pm

Hail it wasn't my intention of putting a "pro York" spin on the video. I simply wrote what I saw.

I also said that it's not clear whether or not the victim was being confrontational (if not at that moment or at some point else in the night).

Yes I agree, that it very much looks like at that moment in the video that the victim didn't appear to be confrontational (at least physically) especially given that he had his hands in his pockets. But there is no sound so we'll never know. What if he walked by and said to York, "when you walk outside we're gonna F you up." If that was the case then I wouldn't wait for it get that far either. I'd take him out the first chance I got. I don't want to start a game of "what ifs" though so let's just agree that we'll never know and move on.

But let's not take the video at face value because it only picks up 20 seconds before the punch. I'm sure a lot was said and done on both side before it got to that point.

I assume your guy A is the white shorts guy and B is the victim and guys C and D are Jones and York. If that's the case then you might have misunderstood me because I assume guy A was saying to the victim to just walk away and not say anything more. Again, we don't know what was said so anything would be a complete assumption on our parts.

For the record I'm not taking a pro Michigan stance. I believe I said that York was wrong and he has to sit and that in the future he has to earn his spot back on the team.

Anyone who knows me would know I'm a believer in second chances. Maybe not tomorrow or next week but at some point everyone deserves a second chance (even the Clarrets and Winstons of the world) especially when it comes to something like a college kid punching another college kid outside of a bar. Granted, this case seems a bit more severe given that the guy had his hands in his pockets and he got his jaw broke but don't let that cloud your mind because we don't know the facts and I think even you would agree that York should deserve a second chance at some point.

I also agree that I could have chosen my words a bit differently in my last paragraph but I said that based on the assumption that the victim was talking shit to Jones and/or York and at some point in the night some of the shit talking was confrontational at the very least, if not threatening. If my assumption turns out to be true then I stand by my words 110% because I grew up in an environment where it was way more important to be tough than it was to be smart and so I am firm believer that you don't talk the talk without being able to walk the walk. My mindset is that talk = action so I stand by my words.

I can't speak for York and the instincts that are engrained in him. I don't know how he grew up and how his mind set is. I can say that at face value, alcohol doesn't seem to be a factor for York so he should have been smart enough to walk away. He didn't and IMO he was wrong as far as Michigan standards and the law go.

It was not my intention to be quick to defend York but let's not everyone else be so quick to condemn him. At least not just yet.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 2:53 pm

This all sounds like an M-live discussion of any number of crimes or terrible accidents or whatever that are full of nothing by idle speculation about what happened, what isn't shown, what somebody might have said, what somebody might have done before a particular point in time, etc...Why not let the system play out? A jury (or Judge) will hear the evidence and determine what the "facts" are. What we all think might have happened don't mean jack shit.
That being said, York is OFF my team, just for involving himself in this shit. It just looks bad.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 3:17 pm

dwoody wrote:
This all sounds like an M-live discussion of any number of crimes or terrible accidents or whatever that are full of nothing by idle speculation about what happened, what isn't shown, what somebody might have said, what somebody might have done before a particular point in time, etc...Why not let the system play out? A jury (or Judge) will hear the evidence and determine what the "facts" are. What we all think might have happened don't mean jack shit.
That being said, York is OFF my team, just for involving himself in this shit. It just looks bad.

Ha!

Mlive might have been a bit more partisan for either side and there definitely would have been at least 143 replies each way for past UM and MSU players and their misdoings but I get what you're saying.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 3:12 pm

York's sucker punch that shattered an innocent man's jaw is far worse than anything Jameis Winston has done.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 5:20 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
York's sucker punch that shattered an innocent man's jaw is far worse than anything Jameis Winston has done.

I agree but I meant Glenn Winston. I should have clarified that.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 7:20 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:

York needs to be gone, but sucker punching a guy is not worse than sexually assaulting a woman.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 8:18 pm

He gone.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140818/SPORTS0201/308180109#ixzz3AmzhhuNq
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm

Not much of a surprise eh?

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:32 pm

Honestly not to me.

Go Blue!! Smile

dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 9:54 pm

I wanted him off the team, but then drew shit rode in last weekend on his high horse preaching for dismissal, so I changed my mind and wanted him to have a chance at redemption.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:15 am

Man That looks bad I say, he isn't getting away with that . No matter what the excuse or what was said. This Dude gonna have some Jail time and court cost. Not to mention medical bills. That was not cool, and no excuse would be possible that would make me change my view. This boy needs to go.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:49 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

York needs to be gone, but sucker punching a guy is not worse than sexually assaulting a woman.

Winston didn't sexually assault the woman. I read every page of the report and it's pretty obviously a false-accusation. If you read the full report, you wouldn't be calling it a sexual assault.

PostSubject: Re: Csont'e York Video is not pretty.   Csont'e York Video is not pretty. Empty

Back to top Go down

Csont'e York Video is not pretty.
Page 1 of 1