Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WH: Look what I found...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

WH: Look what I found... Empty
PostSubject: WH: Look what I found...   WH: Look what I found... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 1:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvmcx8xs168

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: WH: Look what I found...   WH: Look what I found... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:29 am

Those do bring back some memories. Particularly (for me) the clip of Denny (#9) Franklin's TD in '73 to tie OSU 10-10 late in the game (and it was on FOURTH DOWN). Also of the '88 game at OSU, when in the closing minute
John Kolesar accounted for all 100 yards: returning that kickoff 59, then nabbing a 41-yard bomb on the next play.

Of course Desmond's ('91) and Charles' ('97) exploits did wonders for the heart, too...
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: WH: Look what I found...   WH: Look what I found... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:04 am

Didn't Kolesar do that 2 years in a row? At least a long TD catch?

PostSubject: Re: WH: Look what I found...   WH: Look what I found... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 9:16 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Didn't Kolesar do that 2 years in a row? At least a long TD catch?

Actually, I think you're also thinking of the 1987 season's bowl game--- our 28-24 victory over Alabama
(yes, them!) in the Gator or something. Jamie Morris ran wild in his U-M swan song (with Bo back in the
hospital due to heart issues), scoring thrice, twice on very long runs, for a whopping 21-3 lead, only to
see the Tide flow back (sorry) and into a 24-21 lead. Kolesar then made a phenominal grab on fourth
and long for the score, battling a defensive back for the ball.

Jon Kolesar was a special kid, that's for sure. And it was his grab of the 33-yarder from Harbaugh to get
us out of danger territory that saved the 1986 game at ND for us.

But I best remember him for a weaving 32-yard gain during our 22-14 win over USC in the 1989 Rose.
He was trapped, it appeared (and should have been) for a 15-yard loss, then eluded a couple Trojans
(um, folks, no remarks/comments, please!) and slipped out of the "grasp" of so many more that
an exasperated Larry Smith (USC coach) said afterward, "We can't expect to contain a team like Michigan
if our guys are going to play TOUCH-football!"
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: WH: Look what I found...   WH: Look what I found... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:02 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvmcx8xs168

Hmm. Well, at least the guy gave me credit for the footage. Some people don't always ask.

I made that in 2008. Although my original copy was to the Michigan Marching Band drumline. That was part of series I did of Michigan vs. every Big Ten team. I made them all the spring before RichRod's first season. Then when we kept losing to these teams under RichRod, it felt weird keeping them when we couldn't beat anyone so I removed them.

A subscriber of mine named Bob (who lives not far from South Bend) begged me for years to make a Notre Dame vid and I finally made one so he could show it to his ND friends. I feel like videos like this anger the football GODS and can come back to bite you on the ass so I may remove it before this Fall's ND game.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: WH: Look what I found...   WH: Look what I found... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:00 pm

Thank you, that video has now been posted to my Notre Dame friend's wall on facebook.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WH: Look what I found...   WH: Look what I found... Empty

Back to top Go down

WH: Look what I found...
Page 1 of 1