Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I found this site while

Go down 
+2
Admin
joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

I found this site while Empty
PostSubject: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 3:24 pm

surfing mgoblog.

http://www.mmmgoblubbq.com/p/recipes.html

I have only red one recipe (bacon wrapped onion rings) and it looked fabulous.

I haven't tried any recipes and only read the one so I can neither be pro or con but, let's face it, it's slow time.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 3:58 pm

nice

hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 8:46 pm

I've actually never ran a charcoal grill before. Today, my g/f and I wanted to grill some burgers so we went and bought a cheap table top grill from walmart and tried to grill, but I could not get the damn fire lit. I tried every damn combination of lid/no lid, soaked in lighter fluid, pyramid/spread out, everything. Could. Not. Get. The. Damn. Thing. To. Stay Lit.

Any tips??

joe

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 8:51 pm

I pile it in a pyramid but with a few twigs mixed in. The wood twigs help the charcoal. I used fluid but not a ton.

Lid totally off for lighting charcoal.

Did you buy Kingsford Charcoal? If you didn't that could be your problem. And don't buy that Matchlight crap. Your food will taste like diesel fuel.

joe

PostSubject: Is This you Hail?   I found this site while EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:29 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
I've actually never ran a charcoal grill before. Today, my g/f and I wanted to grill some burgers so we went and bought a cheap table top grill from walmart and tried to grill, but I could not get the damn fire lit. I tried every damn combination of lid/no lid, soaked in lighter fluid, pyramid/spread out, everything. Could. Not. Get. The. Damn. Thing. To. Stay Lit.

Any tips??

I found this site while Nailed10

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:37 pm

Too bad my whole bag won't fit in this thing lol.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:50 pm

this last weekend we went camping at San Onofre State beach. We were lucky enough to get a site for the weekend (had to reserve six months in advance).

We invited our neighbors because our kids go to the same Montessori and thought they'd have a good time camping and hanging on the beach for the weekend. He is from Sri Lanka and she is from Japan. They've never been camping before so we thought we'd show them a good old American time. My neighbor went out and bought all the things needed (tent, sleeping bags, cooler, etc).

He asked me what he should bring so I told him he'd need food, ice, wood, etc.

I brought a bunch of scrap wood from a construction site and he showed up with two bags of charcoal for firewood.

I made him use the charcoal at his campsite before I gave him a bunch of wood for his campfire. Lesson learned.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 3:13 am

At the hospital I work at, there was a doctor from India who went to McDonald's and ordered a cheeseburger. Being Hindu, the man did not eat meat so he ordered something he thought was just cheese-based. He ended up loving the burger and now eats them occasionally.

joe

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 7:48 am

Hail, the funny thing was I just happened to run across that picture while surfing TheChive.com one of my favorite time wasters. That was a little more than an hour after we had the above exchange.

I didn't go looking for "Pictures of someone trying to light a charcoal grill" on google. It was happenstance.

The timing was the funniest thing.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 9:08 am

I only use lump charcoal. Because is it made from wood, it gives the food a smokey flavor. I use just a bit of lighter fluid, not much. Pile them up in a pyramid. I wouldn't put the bag in the fire though.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Royal-Oak-All-Natural-Hardwood-Lump-Charcoal/19546016
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 10:16 am

I have also used this Royal Oak charcoal fish.

I more wanted to know if he bought "Bargain Brand" Charcoal.

Name brand charcoal WITHOUT AUTO START FLUID ON IT is the only way to go.

I don't use the wood lump charcoal because I always soak apple wood and put it with the charcoal when I cook. That allows me to use Kingsford and to get it on sale. Been grilling with apple wood for 20 years. Love the taste it gies all meat.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:43 pm

joe wrote:
I have also used this Royal Oak charcoal fish.

I more wanted to know if he bought "Bargain Brand" Charcoal.

Name brand charcoal WITHOUT AUTO START FLUID ON IT is the only way to go.

I don't use the wood lump charcoal because I always soak apple wood and put it with the charcoal when I cook. That allows me to use Kingsford and to get it on sale. Been grilling with apple wood for 20 years. Love the taste it gies all meat.

Not name brand, but if you want a good bargain for a charcoal that works great, try Kroger brand. It is just as good as Kingsford for a fraction of the price.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:47 pm

This:

www.biggreenegg.com

And Lump charcoal and never look back. It's life changing.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:35 pm

Yeah, I got the Walmart brand everything (grill, charcoal, fluid) because it wasn't going to be a big investment. Should've spent more because I ended up frying them on a frying pan. Sigh.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 1:51 pm

you can get a small bag of Kingsford for about 3 bucks.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Yeah, I shit the bed with this one.

joe

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 3:00 pm

I have a Wal-Mart grill that is a Weber knock off. The little smoky joe or something like tht.

I got it on clearance for $4. It works just fine.

But the charcoal and fluid are kingsford.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 4:40 pm

This was the thing that I bought:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Backyard-Grill-156-sq-in-Portable-Charcoal-Grill/19597662

Then used Backyard Grill (Walmart brand) fluid and charcoal. So the grill is fine, but get better charcoal and fluid. Got it.

Will the woodchip charcoal that Fish posted light easier?

joe

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 7:42 pm

Absolutely

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 7:06 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
This was the thing that I bought:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Backyard-Grill-156-sq-in-Portable-Charcoal-Grill/19597662

Then used Backyard Grill (Walmart brand) fluid and charcoal. So the grill is fine, but get better charcoal and fluid. Got it.

Will the woodchip charcoal that Fish posted light easier?

Lump charcoal is usually ready faster, but doesn't burn as long.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 8:11 am

One last note, be careful.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/07/10/extreme-bbq-disasters-caught-on-video-396202311/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 10:18 am

HOLY CRAP..... holding a can of lighter fluid that close to the fire???????? Wow, he's gonna be a ball of flames. Makes me cringe looking at that..

I always soak a few charcoals in lighter fluid first, spread them around in amongst other charcoal & then light it. The soaked coal doesn't flame up but helps get the other coals going. NEVER EVER pour fluid on a lit fire!! YEOW!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I found this site while   I found this site while Empty

Back to top Go down

I found this site while
Page 1 of 1