Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ya know, I just realized something.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Ya know, I just realized something. Empty
PostSubject: Ya know, I just realized something.   Ya know, I just realized something. EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Michigan had the best record in the B1G last season. We should be like sparty and claim dominance. Nah, we're better than that.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ya know, I just realized something.   Ya know, I just realized something. EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:15 pm

If we had beat them, we could.

And don't get me started on that absolutel shit performance we displayed in Iowa City.

Honestly, we very well could have gone undefeated last (regular) season, and I truly mean that, ridding of all my homer-ish input. I haven't thought much about that until now. At worst, we should have finished as a 1-loss team, to MSU. That Iowa City game....God.

And if that 4th and 1 goes differently in EL, that's a completely different game perhaps.

Either way, it was what is was, and despite the EXTREME disappointment of those 2 losses, it was a very successful season for the program.

Go Blue

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Ya know, I just realized something.   Ya know, I just realized something. EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Of course we can point out the flaws in our losses, but we aren't as quick to point out our good fortune in some of our wins. Notre Dame, we had no business winning that game yet we did (and I love reminding my Notre Dame friends, who are all convinced now that they just can't beat us). ohio, if Miller could hit a pass that would have been a different game. And the Va. Tech game was ugly, but we won.

I'll still take 11-2 any year as long as we beat sparty (that was my main disappointment regarding last year).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Ya know, I just realized something.   Ya know, I just realized something. EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:39 am

2nd, every time (like last Tuesday) I watch a replay on BTN of last year's OSU game, I still get a cool-'n-clawed** about this upcoming season.

While we all ballyhoo the return of our entire secondary, which generally is Cause Celebre' (for any component of one's team), are these not the same players who left the middle of the field wide open for 20- and 25-yard completions on virtually every frickin' play??? Fortunately Miller couldn't hit that many of them.

Flip the coin: they're a year older, and one Greg Mattison certainly saw as much as you and I during that game. I'm confident that if anyone can fix whatever needs fixing, he can.

And I should perhaps add that Miller's less-than-stellar accuracy, being after all a true freshman who started off-and-on throughout the year, was well-known to Matty-et-al, and that was part of the plan; risk a few biggies being hit, take at least that many being missed, and load the box to (1) prevent Herron from beating us, and them from controlling too much of the clock thus, and (2) pressure BM into making all those misfires to open receivers.

** - my best attempt to oppose "warm-'n-fuzzy".
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ya know, I just realized something.   Ya know, I just realized something. EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:07 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Of course we can point out the flaws in our losses, but we aren't as quick to point out our good fortune in some of our wins. Notre Dame, we had no business winning that game yet we did (and I love reminding my Notre Dame friends, who are all convinced now that they just can't beat us). ohio, if Miller could hit a pass that would have been a different game. And the Va. Tech game was ugly, but we won.

I'll still take 11-2 any year as long as we beat sparty (that was my main disappointment regarding last year).

Good point, 2nd.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ya know, I just realized something.   Ya know, I just realized something. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ya know, I just realized something.
Page 1 of 1