Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TSIO stat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

TSIO stat Empty
PostSubject: TSIO stat   TSIO stat EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:22 pm

I just got done watching the OSU vs Nebraska game and they mentioned how many sacks OSU had given up.

I did some research and found that OSU finished 118th last year with 46 sacks allowed. That was surprising to me given that Braxton Miller was so touted for his elusiveness. That is one area that TSIO has to improve or we will eat them alive next year.

Two things, their O line improving on protection, and BM learning how to pass could fix a lot of that but I look forward to tearing them up again next year.

fishgoblue22

TSIO stat Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSIO stat   TSIO stat EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:14 am

They will be running a completely different offense next year. Also, I think Miller was a square peg in a round hole last year. They tried to force him into uncomfortable situations for him.

The UM game was the first time they really opened up the offense all season. They let him improvise and throw on running downs instead of only on 3rd and 8. Urban will install the spread that will fit Miller.

It's a good thing Miller doesn't have a very accurate arm, and he is also not a very smart QB. I just don't see him being a superstar QB, but he will be better than last year.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

TSIO stat Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSIO stat   TSIO stat EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:05 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I did some research and found that OSU finished 118th last year with 46 sacks allowed. That was surprising to me given that Braxton Miller .

Good stat grab, Sandy.

Very surprising to me too, considering elusiveness of Miller.

Pryor tended to hold the ball longer than he needed to as well, especially going into the last year or so of his career. As a youngster he would just tuck and run, rarely looking for an open WR. By the end of his career, he was trying to fight against that and stay in the pocket, sometimes to a fault.

Be interesting to see how Miller progresses.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

TSIO stat Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSIO stat   TSIO stat EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:10 pm

In the end, does it really matter? I care about Michigan and not much else.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TSIO stat Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSIO stat   TSIO stat Empty

Back to top Go down

TSIO stat
Page 1 of 1