Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rudock

Go down 
+9
BOLEACH7
hailtoyourvictor
EJinGA
MgoBlue
NCHawk
sandyeggo_blue
bluenote
wshoes
fishgoblue22
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Rudock   Rudock EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:29 pm

I think this was the worst game he has played.  He misse wided open recievers all day.

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:38 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I think this was the worst game he has played.  He misse wide open recievers all day.  

I agree fish- he was really off.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 6:03 pm

wshoes wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
I think this was the worst game he has played.  He missed wide open recievers all day.  

I agree fish- he was really off.

Harbaugh says it was a swirling wind. Maybe .
Back to top Go down
bluenote

bluenote

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 7:33 am

I was at the game, it wasn't just a swirling wind. Yes, he was off on some passes, passes the UNLV quarterback was making. What frustrated me even more was there were several times he tried to feed a pass to a decently covered receiver while another receiver was wide open. More than once, he had a receiver or tight end uncovered and didn't throw to them. We win that game by another 2 or 3 scores if he just makes the passes a B1G starting QB should be able to complete.

No man is more important than The Team.
No coach is more important than The Team.
The Team, The Team, The Team
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 11:05 am

bluenote wrote:
...What frustrated me even more was there were several times he tried to feed a pass to a decently covered receiver while another receiver was wide open...

this is very "Gardner-esque"

Ruddock forcing passes is going to be the death of them against BYU, NW, SParty, etc.

sandyeggo_blue

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 12:54 pm

just rewatched the game, mostly to see ruddock, and he actually throws very crisp passes to the outside. ten yard throws to a receiver outside of the hash marks are deceptively long passes and he really looked good throwing those passes. anything long or across the middle and he really didn't look that good.

i can live with a game full of quick outside passes to move the ball 5 to 10 yards at a time but ruddock has to figure out a way to connect on deep passes. without that element (or threat), MICHIGAN becomes two dimensional and very predictable and beatable.

wshoes

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 1:01 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
just rewatched the game, mostly to see ruddock, and he actually throws very crisp passes to the outside. ten yard throws to a receiver outside of the hash marks are deceptively long passes and he really looked good throwing those passes. anything long or across the middle and he really didn't look that good.

i can live with a game full of quick outside passes to move the ball 5 to 10 yards at a time but ruddock has to figure out a way to connect on deep passes. without that element (or threat), MICHIGAN becomes two dimensional and very predictable and beatable.

Well said.
Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 1:09 pm

Did any one watch Iowa play? If you did you saw why Jake is not the starter this season
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 8:21 am

Anyone else enjoy the couple passes Speight threw? It was nice seeing someone with some talent.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 8:46 am

Post from mlive this AM:

QB perspective

whiteshoes
25m
Through 3 games this season QB ratings: Cardale Jones 119.0, JT Barrett 116.6, Jake Rudock 118.4.

Oh, and Christian Hackenburg 92.3
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 9:37 am

Apparently QB rating doesn't account for turnovers???? A lot of turnovers between them.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 9:44 am

I'm not giving up on him, because I think it will get corrected. He does have really good pocket presence, which is a welcome sight.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 9:53 am

wshoes wrote:
Post from mlive this AM:

QB perspective

whiteshoes
25m
Through 3 games this season QB ratings: Cardale Jones 119.0, JT Barrett 116.6, Jake Rudock 118.4.

Jones - 2TD, 3INT, Comp % 56.5,
Rudock - 3TD, 5INT, Comp % 64.8
Barrett - 2 TD, 1INT, Comp % 57.1

I think the difference is that Jake hasn't completed a pass of over 20 yards. He did have a 28 yard pass play but that was mostly due to YAC.

Also, Jones and Barrett get the benefit of lower ratings because they are big threats to move the ball with their legs. Jake not so much.

But to touch on shoes' OP, he is right, the O$U QBs have't looked all that sharp so far this year. give that time, they should have those kinks ironed out by mid October.

I think we will get a real sense of where Jake is this week against BYU. I am excited to see him play this week. I'll think he'll be dramatically improved from the Utah game where, IMO, Jake being in his first game with a new team is what lost MICHIGAN that game.

wshoes

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 10:00 am

MgoBlue wrote:
Apparently QB rating doesn't account for turnovers????  A lot of turnovers between them.

It does account for turnovers, along with TDs, completion percentage and average yards per attempt.

None of these are really good college QB ratings, I was just pointing out where he stands compared to 3 other of the perceived leading QBs in the Big Ten.

Cook is at at 151 something I think.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:27 pm

Rudock is a joke. Harbaugh is the QB whisperer, and this is the best he can come up with? With an AVERAGE QB, Michigan should have scored at least two more TD's in that game. Instead, it was a pedestrian 28-7 win.

If you are to be satisfied with dink and dump passes, I am sure Morris or Speight can do that.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:39 pm

bluenote wrote:
I was at the game, it wasn't just a swirling wind. Yes, he was off on some passes, passes the UNLV quarterback was making. What frustrated me even more was there were several times he tried to feed a pass to a decently covered receiver while another receiver was wide open. More than once, he had a receiver or tight end uncovered and didn't throw to them. We win that game by another 2 or 3 scores if he just makes the passes a B1G starting QB should be able to complete.

That is the result of him staring down his WRs and not going through his progressions. Not what you expect to see out of a 5th yea QB.

hailtoyourvictor

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 12:43 pm

wshoes wrote:
Post from mlive this AM:

QB perspective

whiteshoes
25m

QB Perspective:
Jake Ruddock is 92nd in the country in QB rating. (118.4).

Not good.

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Not good at all.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:43 pm

Blame Hoke for our QB situation .... Harbaugh didn't have much to work with .... Rudock has been far from perfect but he is steady and has control of the situations presented each play ... enough with the Morris not playing ... it is apparent that he was far behind Rudock ... no one wants to win at Meechigan more than Jim .... if he thought for a moment that Morris was the answer he would be playing ... end of story
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:04 pm

Bo-I don't think anyone is calling for the back up. I know I am not. I can only imagine what life would be like with a worse QB yet.

Still I believe we are allowed to be disappointed in Ruddocks play.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:21 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Bo-I don't think anyone is calling for the back up.  I know I am not.  I can only imagine what life would be like with a worse QB yet.

Still I believe we are allowed to be disappointed in Ruddocks play.

Absolutely agree that Rudock has been below expectations, and cost us the Utah game with his INTs .... just that I would rather have him in knowing he is a steadying influence on the offense
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:21 pm

yeah I think we are definitely past the "blame someone" stage but that said, it's clear they were not developed under Hoke.

We are firmly in the "best option" stage and at this point it's Rudock. I hate that we're in that situation but Morris and Speight just aren't ready to take the majority of the snaps.

My take is this:

- I think Morris and Rudock probably both know the play book equally.

- It's likely that Morris and Rudock both are very comfortable and capable of understanding both the game plan and the in-game-directions from the sideline.

- Shane clearly has the better arm but I think Rudock is a more developed leader.

- Rudock seems calm at all times. He never looks rattled. After every INT he goes to the sideline regroups and comes out on the next series ready to play. I have no idea if Shane has that same mind set but my guess is that he doesn't and Harbuagh sees that and that's why he's sticking with Jake. Maybe he's planning on giving Shane one more year to learn that from Rudock.

Those four points above are all guesses on my part based on my observation of the first three games.

I will say this, Rudock is pretty good at getting the plays off quickly. That is not something we saw from the last staff and that might be a weakness that Shane has to work on and that's why Harbaugh is sticking with Jake. Again pure speculation on my part.

While I'm not overly thrilled about Rudock's performance so far I think we stick with him. I see no need to switch it up at this time.

BOLEACH7

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 2:28 pm

total agreement Sandy .... my point like yours is that Harbaugh is the best QB coach there is .... if he deems Rudock gives us our beat chance to win games then that is good enough for me ... no one wants to win a football game more than Jim Harbaugh
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 4:17 pm

I'm really not that worried. As Jim Leyland used to say, "most players will live up to the stats on the back of their trading card." He's never going to be a super star, but at the end of the season he will be who he is.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 4:41 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
wshoes wrote:
Post from mlive this AM:

QB perspective

whiteshoes
25m

QB Perspective:

Not good.

What is Hackenburg ranked? How about Barrett/Jones?

I never said it was good, just that we should have some perspective, 3 games in.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 6:53 pm

wshoes wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
wshoes wrote:
Post from mlive this AM:

QB perspective

whiteshoes
25m

QB Perspective:

Not good.

What is Hackenburg ranked? How about Barrett/Jones?

I never said it was good, just that we should have some perspective, 3 games in.

Picking and choosing other QBs who have played bad does not excuse Ruddock for playing bad.

Ruddock is 92nd in the country in QB rating.
Ruddock is 10th in the Big Ten in passer rating behind guys like Wes Lunt.

That should be enough perspective.

hailtoyourvictor

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 6:57 pm

I'd expect that kind of inefficiency from a first or second year player, or a dual-threat QB. A 5th year pocket passer should not be this inefficient.

BOLEACH7

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 7:17 pm

We are 2-1 with Rudock .... it is what it is ... there is no better option this year ... at least we have real coaches that can coach up the talent that they were dealt .... " he is our top guy and by far " were Jims words today .... much room for improvement I agree... more and more reps with the WRs in practice will hopefully rectify the problems
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 7:21 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
I'd expect that kind of inefficiency from a first or second year player, or a dual-threat QB. A 5th year pocket passer should not be this inefficient.

question for you hail.... I'm curious to hear if you give Rudock a bit of leniency for this being his first year with this team. new teammates, play book, rhythm and timing, etc. not saying give him a pass, but a bit of leniency is all. how much of that carries weight?

I don't think it's a situation like russell wilson going to Wisconsin for his 5th year because they had a dominant O line, running game and a very proven receiver. russell was put into the perfect situation and I never expected anything like that for Rudock. I will definitely say that the TOs do bother me but his efficiency rating or his personal stats don't because I think he's definitely an upgrade from anything we've had in years in terms of managing the games.

I'm on record as saying that I put the Utah loss squarely on him. But I also have to put the Or St and UNLV wins directly on him also (even with good rushing performances by the backs) and that has to count for something.

he may be near the bottom of all stats at this point but no need to worry at this point.

BOLEACH7

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Said it before Sandy ... best QB managing a game since Henne ... loved watching Shoelace live but he was an athlete playing the QB position ... great comparison about Wilson ... look at the mess that was the Oline , RBs and WRs that we presented Rudock with ... all those factors have to be taken into account ... and yes Rudock has to take a lot of responsibility for his poor reads and mistakes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rudock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rudock   Rudock Empty

Back to top Go down

Rudock
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next