Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility Empty
PostSubject: Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility   Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:26 am

I made a post a few weeks ago about UConn's Basketball team not being eligible for next year's NCAA tourney. I heard it again. They are not eligible for next year's tourney.

But I look at ESPN College Basketball page and there's nothing there.

Shouldn't there be something about this? I mean, it's big news as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe it's just me.

PostSubject: Re: Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility   Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:30 am

No it's not just you, Joe---it sure as shit is big (sporting) news.

We're talking the school that's won three NCAA titles in the last 13 years...including as recently as 14 months ago. And a legendary, if "dubious", coach.

Strangely enough, neither the Huskies nor Calhoun have ever gotten much man-love from that ESPN talking head without any hair (I'm too contemptuous of Mr. eighty-years-old-one-liners even to name him). Certainly not the amount he heaps on UK or UNC.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility   Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:43 am

I have a strange story.

I went and saw UConn play ND at ND several years ago. Ameka Okefor (all SP) was the center for UConn.

I never cared for Calhoun until that day. I watched him work that game and for some reason I fell in love with him. (ok not literally)

I've seen his press conferences and I've heard read and seen about his medical problems and I still like the guy. Is he dirty? I dunno.

Then we get into levels of dirtiness. Is it all the same? Are coaches who give players money the same as coaches that have players that get bad grades?

But I digress.

Back to the original post, I'm a little shocked that a team as successful as UConn is banned from the tourney and it's not being talked about tons. And I read it ON A CRAWL! I didn't even see a story or anything on it.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility   Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:47 am

Adding on:

''Every other team at the University of Connecticut met the standard,'' Williams said. ''Every other team in the entire Northeast did. So obviously the standard was well known and others met the standard. The real issue is the academic performance of the UConn men's basketball team.''

I found this quote. There are not a lot of stories out there.

What am I missing? Could you imagine if this was MICHIGAN FOOTBALL? Holy shit it would start a shitstorm!

UConn is a recent juggernaut.

I want everyone to BASH THEM DAMMIT! lol (man am I pathetic!)

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility   Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:56 am

Again, and I could be COMPLETELY wrong, but I think the NCAA still has to formally pass this new APR/eligibility rule.

If and once they do, then shit will hit the fan with schools like UCONN, and it will be all over the news.

Again, I may be wrong and for whatever reason it's just not being talked about right now.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility   Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Well, it's bouncy-ball Laughing

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility   Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility Empty

Back to top Go down

Admin and others re: APRs and Eligibility
Page 1 of 1