Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT (kinda): Today is a great day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

OT (kinda): Today is a great day  Empty
PostSubject: OT (kinda): Today is a great day    OT (kinda): Today is a great day  EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:06 pm

Got up early this morning, went and viewed a new apartment down in Lincoln Park and was able to sign it.

Helluva deal. As we signed the lease, the landlord literally asked me how underpriced he has the thing. I was honest....$200-300/month.

Sorry bout ya, bud. But pleasure doing business with you.

Now I'm hanging out at the current place in Wrigley, listening to this Mott Takeover with all these former Michigan greats.

My neighborhood has been overtaken with Sox and Cubs fans, too, Game 1 getting started here in a little over an hour.

Oh, and it's a perfect 70 degrees with bright blue skies.

Me likey this Friday.

Go Blue!!!

Blueroses3

PostSubject: Re: OT (kinda): Today is a great day    OT (kinda): Today is a great day  EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:15 pm

I love Chicago, except when it's really cold or really hot or really windy. So that leaves about two weeks of good weather. Razz

Doesn't Lincoln Park have a good zoo? I am particularly partial to the beluga whales over at the Shedd Aquarium.

Hey, forgot about the WTKA takeover, but I don't think I can get it here. Maybe it's streaming on the mgoblue site?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT (kinda): Today is a great day    OT (kinda): Today is a great day  EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Damn ADMIN, I am JEALOUS!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT (kinda): Today is a great day    OT (kinda): Today is a great day  EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:20 pm

WTKA podcasts each and every segment, so it's usually up no more than an hour after it ran live...

So that's what I'm doing. I'm behind real-time by about 3-4 hours.

Just get on your iTunes store, click podcasts at the top right, search WTKA, select it when it pops up, and a huge list of their podcasts come up.

They number the segments as well, so you can listen in order.

I use it EVERY morning now for my commute out to the suburbs.

____

Yes, LP does have a great zoo...and I think it's free? I'm not 100%, but I think so.

Moving out of Wrigley (about 4 blocks from the stadium) to get a little closer to downtown. Cheaper rent in general, actually, but may come out to be a bit more month-to-month because there will only be two of us splitting utilities versus three.

Either way, it was an absolute steal and I'm happy <------ all that matters.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT (kinda): Today is a great day    OT (kinda): Today is a great day  EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Oh, and as for the winter...

Dig this: it snowed no more than 5x all year this past winter, and only twice did it actually stick.

Talk about lucking out in my first ever winter in the Chi.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT (kinda): Today is a great day    OT (kinda): Today is a great day  EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:52 pm

Got to pull for the Cubs, because any Sox loss is a good loss for the Tigers.

BTW, wife and daughter were in Chicago 2 weeks ago to see Cats. It was a birthday present for my daughter. She has been a huge fan of the musical since she was very little. She wore out the VCR tapes. When my wife saw that it was coming to Chicago on the "Broadway Across America" tour, she snapped up two tickets. They had a great time.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: OT (kinda): Today is a great day    OT (kinda): Today is a great day  EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:57 pm

It was a good evening for me. I went to the Michigan/Nebraska baseball game. Good guys won 6-5. Although there were too many little kids around that couldn't keep still and were really annoying. You get a perfect view of the back of Yost Arena from where I was sitting and those windows look awful. I realize the building is almost 100 years old but those should probably be cleaned up.

As I was walking into the gates, Dave Brandon bumped into me by accident while talking on his cell phone. I didn't realize it was him at first until I heard his voice. If any of you are wondering, I was good and didn't yell at him about any more alternate football uniforms but I was saying it in my head.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT (kinda): Today is a great day    OT (kinda): Today is a great day  Empty

Back to top Go down

OT (kinda): Today is a great day
Page 1 of 1