Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! Empty
PostSubject: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:39 pm

I work in a HS athletic dept in Oakland Co. Today was the last day of classes for the seniors. (Tomorrow, skip day, next wk. finals if they have any).

Anyway, they started the day by parking their cars in a rectangle, bumper to bumper, not allowing juniors or anyone else to park. Student parking lot only. Finally moved them after 1st hr.

Next, tour de France bike race thru hallways. BTW they had students at each corner of hallways to make sure no one got run over. Had a flag system to caution bikers. That lasted about twice around hallway.

Between 2nd & 3rd hr., slooooow walk to next class, and I mean slow. Funny to see a hugh traffic jam of students trying to get to next class.

Smoke bombs, OK, that wasn't so cool. I think every hallway was "bombed". Emptied school for about 1/2 hr.

Grand Finale, 1776 Revolutionary War fight in court yard. Only students could find costumes of the that time, they used plastic swords, and oh yes, eggs, lots of them, did I mention whip cream fights, and squirt guns. Lasted about 15-20 mins. Credit to the principal, she let it go, I guess figured better outside.

These are awesome group of seniors, good kids, very polite, very smart. (well except for today) I believe 43 students going to Michigan, another 35-40 to that school in East Lansing, class around 285.
The kid in me loved their pranks, except for smoke bombs. BTW my class, 1978, (I know I'm old) we took the chairs and tables out of cafeteria, put them in uhauls one evening. Rest of school ate lunch on floor the next day, funny, harmless.

Anyone want to share their senior prank? GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:49 pm

those are pretty good.

I went to Edwardsburg High School in southwest Michigan.

I worked in the bait shop at Lunkers (fish and tackle store) http://www.lunkers.com/

I was able to buy 7000 crickets from the bait store and I stayed late in the weight room and let them go in the hall way the night before our last day.

The next morning when I got to school the doors were closed and they weren't letting anyone in. You could hear them from outside they were so loud.

I got caught and had to pay over $700 for the exterminator bill before I could get my diploma. It took me 4 months to pay it off.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 5:55 pm

That's wong but funny eggo...

booboo, Milford?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:35 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
those are pretty good.

I worked in the bait shop at Lunkers (fish and tackle store) http://www.lunkers.com/

I was able to buy 7000 crickets from the bait store and I stayed late in the weight room and let them go in the hall way the night before our last day.

The next morning when I got to school the doors were closed and they weren't letting anyone in. You could hear them from outside they were so loud.

I got caught and had to pay over $700 for the exterminator bill before I could get my diploma. It took me 4 months to pay it off.

Holy damn, Sandy...you're an Eddie?? And Lunkers, now that's a name drop!! I'm originally from the north-side of Elkhart, so I know everything you're talking about.

Just couldn't believe the Lunkers name drop lol. I could never figure out why there was a restaurant in that place hahaha. I was up that way on 12 a few months back on a lat-Sunday-beer-run (no alcohol sales in IN on Sundays).

Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Btw, Sandy, AWESOME PRANK!!
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:34 am

sandy, Edwardsburg is joining the Wolverine Conference starting in 2012-13. Berrien Springs and Coloma have also been invited, but I can't find any official word on their acceptance.

I can't honestly say I'm happy about the drive to away games, but welcome to the Wolverine!
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:50 am

I went to Lapeer West (alma mater of Rock Lindsay, UM OL, & Mike Densmore, MSU OL) and our crosstown rival was Lapeer East (alma mater of Jake Long).

We had the usual signs in the gym of everybody in the conference (Flint Metro League), though ours was bigger than the rest of the schools'. For some reason, the admin thought it proper that East's should be big also, as big as ours. We disagreed.

Two weeks before we graduated, I stole that sign from the gym, and carted it around to various parties as a trophy. The morning of the graduation ceremony, my dad got a call from the principal stating that if I wanted to graduate, the sign had better be returned.

My dad was a US Marine and WW2 veteran and all that stereotype entails, and I knew I'd have to face the music, AKA the principal. We loaded the sign in dad's car, and drove to the school, parking in back by the gym. One of my classmates opened the gym door with a big grin on his face as he saw we had the sign, and said he'd go get the principal. As soon as he left, I heard the gym door opening, and turned to see my dad holding the door open and waving me out, saying "Let's get the hell out of here!".

One of the first indications I'd ever seen that my dad wasn't totally by the book, and he giggled liked a school-girl as we burned rubber out of there.

At the ceremony, the principal grinned and handed me my diploma, saying "I see you made it!".

There were other pranks, chickens and greased pigs let loose in one school or the other, but that was my only personal experience.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:04 am

Great story, Dog. Great story.

Probably one of the fondest memories you have of your father.

Just awesome.

Go Blue
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:44 am

You've got that right Admin! I'm wearing his brass Corps belt buckle this weekend, as I do every year at this time. Also the Fourth and Veteran's Day.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Wolverdog wrote:
sandy, Edwardsburg is joining the Wolverine Conference starting in 2012-13. Berrien Springs and Coloma have also been invited, but I can't find any official word on their acceptance.

I can't honestly say I'm happy about the drive to away games, but welcome to the Wolverine!

When I was there (92 - 96) we were in the Lakeland Conference

Berrien Springs
Buchannan
Brandywine
Cass
Coloma
Dowagiac
Edwardsburg
Stevensville-Lakeshore

I was a four time conference champ in wrestling. I left #3 all time in wins and win percentage 144-26-4. Now I'm 5th on the list. That is my claim to fame ha ha.

Funny thing is that the school has an athletic and academic wall of fame in the cafeteria and I have my picture on the athletic side. I went back a couple of years ago and saw it. It made me laugh. I was a skinny little punk for sure.

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Admin wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
those are pretty good.

Holy damn, Sandy...you're an Eddie?? And Lunkers, now that's a name drop!! I'm originally from the north-side of Elkhart, so I know everything you're talking about.

Just couldn't believe the Lunkers name drop lol. I could never figure out why there was a restaurant in that place hahaha. I was up that way on 12 a few months back on a lat-Sunday-beer-run (no alcohol sales in IN on Sundays).

Where at in Elkhart? My dad moved there a few years ago and my brothers went to Elkhart Memorial. One of my brothers works at Red Lobster off of Cassopolis St. It's next to the Bob Evans. He is almost done with school though so he won't be there much longer. He hates it ha ha.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:22 pm

I went to Memorial. Grew up on Simonton Lake, right off Cass.

Small world, eh?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:23 pm

And my younger brother is serving at Texas Roadhouse there off Cass for his summer gig.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:24 pm

I graduated from Mem in 05, younger brother in '11.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:25 pm

Admin wrote:
I went to Memorial. Grew up on Simonton Lake, right off Cass.

Small world, eh?
My dad lives right over there off of county road 6. super small world.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Crazy, man! Next time you're in town I'll have jet that way and have you guys out to our place on the lake.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Admin wrote:
Crazy, man! Next time you're in town I'll have jet that way and have you guys out to our place on the lake.

right on. My dad and I go to Pete's simonton lake bar for a drink almost every time I'm in town.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Here's a word I haven't heard in a while.... MICHIANA!

when I was there it was WNDU channel 16 news with Mike Collins and Maureen McFadden. Sports with Jeff Jeffers and weather with Dick Addis.

Although I guess Mike Collins got replaced by Maureen's brother Terry McFadden and I don't think Dick Addis is around any longer.

HA! can't believe I remember all of that!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 3:04 pm

You pretty much nailed it all.

WNDU....ugh. 'NDU' because it was right on Notre Dame's campus.

Pete's! Oh, yeah!! Used to get my karaoke on there.

That and Lakeshore, or My Dad's Place across the street.

Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:00 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Wolverdog wrote:

When I was there (92 - 96) we were in the Lakeland Conference

Berrien Springs
Buchannan
Brandywine
Cass
Coloma
Dowagiac
Edwardsburg
Stevensville-Lakeshore

I was a four time conference champ in wrestling. I left #3 all time in wins and win percentage 144-26-4. Now I'm 5th on the list. That is my claim to fame ha ha.

Funny thing is that the school has an athletic and academic wall of fame in the cafeteria and I have my picture on the athletic side. I went back a couple of years ago and saw it. It made me laugh. I was a skinny little punk for sure.

Dowagiac has been in the Wolverine for quite a while, and Stevensville-Lakeshore is now in the SMAC.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 6:47 pm

'dog, I now see why we don't get along. You attended Lapeer West. I'm not too big of a fan of Lapeer West, and no I didn't go to East. What year did you graduate?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!   Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Way OT: HS senior pranks today!!!
Page 1 of 1