Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon) Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon)   Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon) EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:56 am

Check it out:

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/slideshows/greatest-moments-michigan-history#1

booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon)   Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon) EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:41 am

I was a soph in college, home for the weekend, listening to Bob Ufer on radio. I turn my radio up as loud as it can go when AC scores, I'm jumping up and down, going crazy, my dog runs out of the room doesn't know whats happening. Still get chills listening watching video.

I have been lucky to attend many, many games over the yrs. Notre Dame game under the lights, post game celebration, nobody leaving stadium now my #1 M game of all-time which I attended
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon)   Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon) EmptySat May 26, 2012 3:07 am

I wasn't at UTL but my favorite game was 2005 Penn State when it was Henne to Manningham with :01 left. I've told this story before but sitting there next to the PSU fan all game long and seeing them literally crying in the aisle-way was absolutely priceless. Starting the chant, "We are", "Losers" was good too even after getting Nacho Cheese thrown at me.

Of course I also liked 2003 over ohio is the Student Section. Although I must admit UTL was probably better.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon)   Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon) EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:14 am

2003 vs OSU, I was also sitting in student section, scalped a ticket, forgot how crazy it was sitting with students. A great afternoon!!!

05' PSU, working, saw the last qtr. on TV. Also missed PSU game that went into OT. Work interfering with fun.

In stands for Virginia in 95', never so hot, but the fantasic finish worth it. Washington victory, last second FG, MSU 3OT's incredible game. My sister/brother-in-law also in stadium, MSU grads, kept calling me to rub it in when MSU winning big. Of course when I tried to call them after game, their phone mysteriously went right to voice mail, oh well.

Nothing better then a day at the Big House!!!!

Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon)   Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon) EmptySat May 26, 2012 10:25 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I wasn't at UTL but my favorite game was 2005 Penn State when it was Henne to Manningham with :01 left. I've told this story before but sitting there next to the PSU fan all game long and seeing them literally crying in the aisle-way was absolutely priceless. Starting the chant, "We are", "Losers" was good too even after getting Nacho Cheese thrown at me.

Being at the opposite end zone of Manningham's catch, I couldn't see the ball as soon as it left Henne's hand. I had to watch the crowd's reaction to know what happened. So when they cheered, I went crazy obviously. But that play felt like something out of the movies where it happens in slow motion and you're left with the torture of wondering why it's taking so long. There was only one PSU fan in my section about 6 rows behind me and I did turn around to look at his reaction which was nothing but a zombie look. Good enough. And no nacho cheese thrown at me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon)   Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon) EmptySat May 26, 2012 2:18 pm

UTL was unreal, especially the post game party. We didn't leave until after a good hour of dancing and hugging and kissing.

As far as the overall atmosphere, it's #1 to me.

But, in terms of a specific game and its context, '97 Ohio will probably never be topped (although, of course, I hope it will be someday).

Another fun one was the absolute smack down we put on ND back in '03, I think, 38-0. The girl I dated back then was a ND fan (like everyone else around my hometown), and it was just great to see her that depressed. It was hotter than hell that day though.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon)   Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon) EmptySat May 26, 2012 2:21 pm

My parents were also at that Washington game back in '02, I believe it was.

Place went nuts, obviously.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon)   Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon) EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Admin wrote:
Another fun one was the absolute smack down we put on ND back in '03, I think, 38-0.

That was a great game too. And yes it was 38-0. That was my last year at Michigan so I was in the Student Section still. There was one Notre Dame fan who must have scalped a ticket from someone else in that section. He was a student (reportedly), had the Notre Dame season t-shirt on, looked a little like a young Ralph Kramden, and he was quite confident in a Notre Dame victory. His name was Dennis and he was a total rudy-homer.

Another Michigan student was giving him shit the entire pregame, although it was a good-natured ribbing. Matt and Dennis decided that they wanted to bet on the game, what they decided to wager was their season T-shirts. Every time Michigan scored Matt would ask Dennis if he just wanted to give him the shirt right then and not wait until the end. Well, sometime after Michigan crossed the 50 and scored for the final time, Dennis disappeared. Dennis welched on his bet, probably because he didn't want to reveal the great white gut beneath his shirt. Matt then organized a search party for Dennis following the game. There were about 40 students running around the Stadium yelling "Dennis, where are you? Matt wants his shirt!" but we never found him. However, on our walk back to campus every Notre Dame fan we encountered we'd say "Do you know Dennis? If you see him make sure he knows that Matt wants his shirt!"

There were also fun times on the Golf Course that morning (the Notre Dame game was a 3:30 kickoff- God I love 3:30 kickoffs) but I can't really make mention of them here. It was a great day yes but I still stand behind my original statement of the '05 Penn State game being the best. As WH said, he couldn't see it being in the opposite end-zone, but trust me it was completely awesome being only 25 yards away from Mario.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon)   Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon) Empty

Back to top Go down

Greatest Moments in Michigan History (from Athlon)
Page 1 of 1