Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...

Go down 
+2
Go_Blue
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... Empty
PostSubject: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:23 pm

check it out:

http://mgorecruiting.blogspot.com/2012/06/catching-up-with-derrick-green.html

Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Sounds like a script to me. He could have plugged a number of schools in there.

Sorry, not buying it at all.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Yea he stayed pretty neutral. I suppose you have to.

Nothing about when he will announce?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:49 pm

When do you plan on making a return trip to Michigan and do you have a set decision date?
- At this point in time I don't have a set decision date in mind. I plan on making a trip up to Ann Arbor for a game this fall!

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Go_Blue wrote:
Sounds like a script to me. He could have plugged a number of schools in there.

Sorry, not buying it at all.

Not sure what you mean about 'not buying it'.

CharlotteGuy

PostSubject: Re: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:21 am

Think he means he would have said the same thing to any person who interviewed him about any team. Say a Alabama guy interviewed him, he should have said the same responses just about Alabama type thing.

I liked the interview myself, but I will not be looking too much into it until he at least commits. Ive grown tired of disappointments despite this sick class haha.
Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:49 pm

CharlotteGuy wrote:
Think he means he would have said the same thing to any person who interviewed him about any team. Say a Alabama guy interviewed him, he should have said the same responses just about Alabama type thing.

I liked the interview myself, but I will not be looking too much into it until he at least commits. Ive grown tired of disappointments despite this sick class haha.

Hey we got Poggi, a h2h battle.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:57 pm

eGrandpa wrote:
...Hey we got Poggi, a h2h battle...

I don't follow O$U recruiting all that well so does anyone have the numbers on head-to-head recruiting that we've won and loss with O$U?

It seems to me that there is a difference between just getting an offer letter and being recruited heavily. I guess I could get the information online of the recruits that had offer letters from both schools but I want to know which recruits UM put some real effort into recruiting as did O$U and what the outcome was (i.e. Kalis)

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:00 pm

Well, the problem with that stat is once a kid chooses UM over Ohio, the Ohio commitment becomes classified as a 'non-commitable' offer according to Ohio folks.

Puh-lease.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Admin wrote:
Well, the problem with that stat is once a kid chooses UM over Ohio, the Ohio commitment becomes classified as a 'non-commitable' offer according to Ohio folks.

Puh-lease.

yea I guess this is probably a lot harder to track thanI though it would be. There are other factors as well such as position of need, style of player, etc.

For instance, O$U offered TE Marcus Baugh but even though UM wanted a TE they offered Jake Butt because his skill set and style of play best suits UM's offense.

Per Scout.com I see the following players that were offered by both UM and O$U that chose O$U:

DE Joey Bosa, S Jayme Thompson, OT Evan Lisle, CB Eli Woodard, DT Billy Price, CB Cameron Burrows

Per Scout.com I see the following players that were offered by both UM and O$U that chose UM:

DT Henry Poggi , DT Maurice Hurst Jr., OLB Ben Gedeon, RB DeVeon Smith, OG Patrick Kugler, OT Logan Tuley-Tillman, OG Chris Fox, FB Wyatt Shallman, S Dymonte Thomas

This list may not be correct though because I though McCray was given an offer by O$U. Maybe I'm wrong though.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:24 pm

Admin wrote:
When do you plan on making a return trip to Michigan and do you have a set decision date?
- At this point in time I don't have a set decision date in mind. I plan on making a trip up to Ann Arbor for a game this fall!

Missed that one. Definitely sounds like a late commit. I will say he will probably wait until Army All American game. Get comfy boys it's going to be a long ride.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:35 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
eGrandpa wrote:
...Hey we got Poggi, a h2h battle...

I don't follow O$U recruiting all that well so does anyone have the numbers on head-to-head recruiting that we've won and loss with O$U?

It seems to me that there is a difference between just getting an offer letter and being recruited heavily. I guess I could get the information online of the recruits that had offer letters from both schools but I want to know which recruits UM put some real effort into recruiting as did O$U and what the outcome was (i.e. Kalis)

I can partially answer this. Per Tom V-Michigan also now has 9 commitments that held Ohio State offers and 5 with Alabama offers. That still does not tell us how many OSU commits held offers from Michigan. Still impressive to see us with 9 guys that OSU was after and 5 that we were up against Bama.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:39 pm

Yes, McCray was offered by OSU last week (maybe the week before).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...   We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight... Empty

Back to top Go down

We got a great interview with Derrick Green tonight...
Page 1 of 1