Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 8:28 pm

nfm

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Grrrr...

Come on, your park has "tradition" yes but no grass in the outfield!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Man, you sound like a Sparty.

Can't complain about anything else so you pick the grass.

lol

Yeah I saw that. Wonder what happened???

We're on National against the BoSox Sunday night. Hope it looks better then.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Haha, yep, Go Cubs Go!

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 am

Scoreboard!!!!!!!!

Wrigley had concerts and other lame events this year so far. Thus the grass....

LOL...Good luck tomorrow against Verlander.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:54 am

I honestly haven't watched a single pitch of either game yet...

doubt I'll see much of tomorrow with The Open on.

At this point the only games I'm watching are the White Sox and Cardinals on TV or the games I walk down the street and watch live (which is about 1 every 2 weeks or so.)

I'm afraid tomorrow will be ugly with JV on the mound (for the Cubs).

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:58 am

As for concerts there, I know they had Roger Waters and Brad Paisley back to back on Friday and Saturday this past weekend.

I've also been to Paul McCartney there.

A couple years ago they had one of the Elton John and Billy Joel Tour stops.

What I'm getting at is they don't really do a whole lot of shows, it's really just come up recently in the last few years. The ones that they have had, besides Brad Paisely (because I don't listen to country), are kickass shows.

And unfortunately, the only times you can really do an outdoor concert in Chicago is during the heart of baseball season.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:56 am

I wanted to go see Roger Waters but couldn't swing it.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:41 am

Tigers got JV going at 2:20 today. Man I hate National League baseball. Nothing like watching a pitcher try to bunt and strike out every other inning, and then having to pinch hit for him just to try to keep a rally going.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:45 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Tigers got JV going at 2:20 today. Man I hate National League baseball. Nothing like watching a pitcher try to bunt and strike out every other inning, and then having to pinch hit for him just to try to keep a rally going.

I love it, personally. I think it's the way the entire league should be played. If you're on the field defensively you should have to swing the bat.

Requires so much more strategy in the game, as well. PH's, the bullpen, etc..

AL managers have a cake walk compared to NL managers, imho (not that managing in the MLB is easy, in either league, by any means).

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 2:45 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I wanted to go see Roger Waters but couldn't swing it.

I watched some of the show on youtube last night...the stage show/effects looked BADASS.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:59 pm

NL baseball is boring. So some guy that is not any good gets on the field every game because you want to change pitchers? Yuk.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:35 pm

Hey fish, why not have a designated hitter for every guy you want?

Hell, they should field a defensive team and an offensive team.

The guys on both would be considered 2 way players!

There ya go. The American League Way!

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Which team won 2 out of 3 games?

Game...

Set...

Match!

American League is better.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 6:06 am

Yeah, it's great to watch a guy that only plays every 5 days flail at the ball.

In the old days when a pitcher played another position when he wasn't pitching it made sense for him to hit because he was getting swings in every day. Now it doesn't make sense. The DH is best, and I'll bet you that the NL will have a DH within 3 years.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:56 am

I repeat, just use a designated hitter for any hitter you have that sucks. Why stop at the pitcher?

You want to see hitters? Why stop at the pitchers slot?

It's Circus Baseball

joe

joe

PostSubject: Gotta say Bo   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:58 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Which team won 2 out of 3 games?

Game...

Set...

Match!

American League is better.

One of your most idiotic posts ever.

The Tigers (The team that was supposed to run away with the AL Central) beats the Cubs (The LAST PLACE TEAM in the NL Central) and you declare the AL Better because of that exact example.

Wow

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:26 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I repeat, just use a designated hitter for any hitter you have that sucks. Why stop at the pitcher?

You want to see hitters? Why stop at the pitchers slot?

It's Circus Baseball

That is stupid. How about this: Every player only plays every 5 days, then you can see them all flail away and haplessly attempt to bunt.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:47 am

It is what it is...

In the end, I don't feel like this is a subject worth arguing over.

If you come from the AL, you believe in AL baseball.

If you come from the NL, you believe in NL baseball.

It is what it is.

I like the strategy that goes into a NL game. I like double-switches. I like when a pitcher is dominating late in the game, but in the 7th or 8th inning his coach has to seriously consider taking him out to put in a solid bat in a possible run-scoring situation. It's a completely different game.

As for the NL switching to DH, I'd bet the farm that isn't done in the next three years. If it hasn't happened up to this point, I don't see why anyone would believe it's going to any time soon. Perhaps if there was some type of recent injury-related data concerning pitchers and batting, or some other goofy evidence that it's 'harmful', but there isn't. I think there will always be that difference in DH/no DH between the two leagues.

Which is good, imho. I like in the World Series how the home team dictates use of DH/no use of DH. Makes the All-Star game that much more important, as well. As a NL team, you want that home field advantage for both the obvious reason as well as taking the bat out of their DH for possibly four games. As an AL squad you want home field for, again, the obvious reasons as well as keeping the bat in your DH's hand for possibly up to four games.

Anyway, let's stop arguing about it.

After it's all said and done, I don't think any of us give a shit about MLB baseball nearly as much as we do our beloved Maize and Blue.

That said, we're all on the same team here, boys.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:02 am

Well, there is going to be inter-league games every week next season with Houston moving to the AL. This will create 3 5 team divisions, so with an uneven amount of teams, you need to have a crossover series every day.

With that happening, I think it gives the NL an unfair advantage when AL teams play in their parks. So, I think they should either switch to the DH or use the DH when playing against an AL opponent.

Oh, and most of my argument is done in good fun. I love stjoe like a forum brother.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:30 pm

I like the DH, but can also see the purist's view on the pitcher hitting. However fish, I respectfully disagree with you regarding the NL having the DH within 3 years.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:32 pm

I like the DH, but can also see the purist's view on the pitcher hitting. However fish, I respectfully disagree with you regarding the NL having the DH within 3 years.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:32 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:34 pm

OK, what's the deal? I posted my comment then it came up twice. I didn't think too much of it, I just deleted the last comment. Well, that took away both posts. So then I went back and posted it again, now it appeared 3 times.

Help!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 4:16 pm

Idk what that's about tbh. Chalk it up to weird glitch??

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!   HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

HEY ADMIN? GO CUBS!!!!!
Page 1 of 1