Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Father's Day Plans

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Father's Day Plans Empty
PostSubject: Father's Day Plans   Father's Day Plans EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Just wondering what everyone else is doing.

I can't imagine what it would be like for coach Hoke (or anyone for that matter) being the first father's day since his dad passed.

I'm going hiking with my wife and boys in the Cleveland National Forest. My son Andrew is 3 and can hike the easy trails we're going to but my son Matthew is only 10 months old so I'll be carrying him in his Kelty Pack. I also hunt out there so I'm secretly doing some scouting as well but don't tell my wife ha ha.

Should be a fun family day!

BetterThansparty

Father's Day Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father's Day Plans   Father's Day Plans EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:46 pm

I am dreading experiencing the first Father's Day without my Dad but we really don't do anything anyway. He doesn't even know what day it is most of the time so it's no big deal to him. I gave him a hug and wished him Happy Father's day on Tuesday when I was down by his house but I won't be going down there tomorrow. He takes numerous naps throughout the day and doesn't walk that well so it'd be pointless to go see him. So I guess in a way I am easing into life without my Dad but it doesn't make it any easier.

Ok, enough about that. Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there and as always Go Blue!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Father's Day Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father's Day Plans   Father's Day Plans EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm back in the hometown this weekend.

My father has ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) and is in a nursing home down near Fort Wayne. I'll be tripping down there tomorrow to hang out and watch the final round of the Open with him.

Bringing him a brand new Michigan t-shirt fresh from the MDen, too, along with a couple other gifts.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Father's Day Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father's Day Plans   Father's Day Plans EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:41 pm

it was a good father's day for me. I got up and took my dog for a quick walk and then went surfing.

The waves weren't that bad, 2-4ft with a SSW swell. The water temp was in the high 60's. It was clean and glassy, no bumps.

Got back and made some breakfast. Then I took my wife and two boys hiking out in Cleveland National Forest.

Getting ready to sit down to dinner now.

Nothing special or out of the ordinary but still, it's been a great day.

MichiganFootball13

Father's Day Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father's Day Plans   Father's Day Plans EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:09 am

My dad does not care much for these types of days...was home for the weekend, mom made lunch and we watched the tigers. Dad was happy the tigers won so I can call today a good day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Father's Day Plans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Father's Day Plans   Father's Day Plans Empty

Back to top Go down

Father's Day Plans
Page 1 of 1