Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015. Empty
PostSubject: So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015.   So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Three years away, lots can change.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120627/SPORTS0201/206270403
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015.   So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:53 pm

I guess its OK, really don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. If DB wants a thurs game, atleast keep it an away game and 1st game of yr. Don't want a sat. game, then turn around, play a thurs. game.

Supposely the new playoff system, strength of schedule will be very important. I guess time will tell if SOS will really matter or its just talk. Atleast M has 2 PAC12 teams & ND in 2015, Utah & ND in 2014. Still want a home & home games with USC, sat. night at the big house, & sat night at the LA coliseum. That would be awesome

Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015.   So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:34 pm

As long as it isn't at the Big House, I don't mind a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015.   So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Wolverdog, Amen!, I agree 100%. But why do I believe DB will schedule a home thurs night game sometime?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015.   So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:35 pm

booboo wrote:
Wolverdog, Amen!, I agree 100%. But why do I believe DB will schedule a home thurs night game sometime?

Because despite his short tenure thus far, we've already seen drastic changes (legacy uni's, night game, hashtags on the field...the list goes on).

I don't think a Thursday night game would ever be scheduled at the BH. Even if it would be the CFB season opener (as it is in Salt Lake in '15).

Wouldn't bet my own money on it, but I'd bet somebody else's lol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015.   So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:31 pm

I personally don't think we'll ever see a Thursday night game at The Big House, of course I'm not wild about even playing in one on the road but what can I do? The reason why we'll never see a Thursday night game at The Big House is simple (2 parts actually). How in the world would that Stadium be filled on a Thursday night? A lot of season ticket holders come from all across the country, and unless each and every person takes vacation time I don't see it happening. And Monday though Thursday the University is in serious study mode (well maybe not the athletes so much but the remainder of the students. There are Friday classes too, granted not everyone has a Friday class but as a guess I'd say at least 60% of students have Friday classes that start in the a.m. (yes 11:00 in the a.m. counts as morning while in college).

I don't think we'll every see anything but a Saturday (day or night) game at Michigan Stadium. There just is no feasible way. Campus literally shuts down on football Saturdays. Libraries close, campus mail closes, residence hall meal service is greatly diminished, there aren't too many study groups on Saturdays, etc. That can't happen on a Thursday night during the school year.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015.   So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:31 pm

As stated above by Admin., the only way I see DB scheduling a home thurs. night game would be the thurs. before Labor Day. You would hope DB would give M fans atleast 6 months warning so fans could make travel plans, etc.

My point of view, it would suck. I work HS athletics, our school always plays a varsity game on thurs before Labor Day. I know many schools do the same. People with tickets would be pissed.

Does school start before Labor Day? I'm sure kids are back on campus, but not sure about school.

DB is a businessman, if he feels he can promote M FB by playing on a thurs. night, and if it can make alot of money, I see him doing it.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015.   So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015. EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:47 pm

School starts after Labor Day. Typically the week prior to Labor Day is known as "Welcome Week" when all of the students party recklessly before beginning the long grind of leaning/studying. However, for at least the past 25 years, maybe more, "Welcome Week" has morphed into "Welcome Weeks". There will be plenty of students on campus (upper-class-men at least) so that corner of the Stadium would be full, the rest would be somewhat scattered.

I know, understand, and respect that AD DB is an astute businessman but IMHO there is no way Michigan plays a Thursday night game. I can find 50-yard line seats any opening day AND THAT HAS BEEN ON A SATURDAY. Labor Day weekend is normally when season ticket holders sell/give their tickets away. Heck, for the UCONN game (Stadium re-dedication game) I got tickets, for 1/2-price, on the 20 yard line, row 50-ish. Opening day each year tickets are readily available for Saturday games.

However, I agree with booboo somewhat, if DB believes that he can substantially promote Michigan football on a Thursday he will. Problem is he can't. End of story.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015.   So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015. EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:38 pm

In todays Det free press, talking about playing a home thurs. night game, DB said "We wouldn't do this as a home game-the complexities are too much." That was good to hear him say that.

Now he didn't say anything about playing on Labor Day. {just kidding!} Miami-FSU played couple mon. night games, and I believe we where introduced to Marylands new uniforms last Labor Day. Bo, your right DB doesn't have to promote M FB by playing any other day but sat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015.   So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015. Empty

Back to top Go down

So a Thursday night game is going to happen in 2015.
Page 1 of 1