Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15... Empty
PostSubject: I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15...   I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15... EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:47 pm

I've given it some strong thought today...

What's good about it? What's bad about it? Does it really matter? Does it hurt us somehow? Could it help us somehow?

And here's what I've concluded...

IT'S AN EXCELLENT MOVE.

Reason 1:

Check out the schedule. Do you see who we play Week 2?? The (un)lucky Irish from South Bend come to the BH in Week 2.

So, we get our boys out on the field on Thursday in Week 1, and give them an extra two days to prepare for Notre Dame......AWESOME.

Furthermore, for years we always bitched about how Notre Dame came into the game with us with already a couple games (or at least one) under their belts, while we typically came into the game as our opener. Now, we are turning that around (kinda) and sticking it back at 'em. I love it.

Reason 2:

This is the Dave Brandon in me....wonderful for marketing/recruiting. Let's face it, we're all CFB nutjobs. This September, whoever the hell is playing that very first game of the season on that Thursday night, you bet your ass I'll be watching. I don't care who's playing. It could be Western Kentucky vs. East Carolina. I don't care. It's college football, and it's finally back.

Thing is, I'm not the only person like that. There's hundreds of thousands (probably more like millions) that feel the exact same way.

That said, WE will be the game they're watching.

I love it.

I love the whole damn thing.

GO BLUE

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15...   I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15... EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 6:19 am

Admin wrote:

Reason 2:

This is the Dave Brandon in me....wonderful for marketing/recruiting. Let's face it, we're all CFB nutjobs. This September, whoever the hell is playing that very first game of the season on that Thursday night, you bet your ass I'll be watching. I don't care who's playing. It could be Western Kentucky vs. East Carolina. I don't care. It's college football, and it's finally back.

Thing is, I'm not the only person like that. There's hundreds of thousands (probably more like millions) that feel the exact same way.

I love it.

GO BLUE

I'm with you on this point. I'm the guy that has a 5 year streak of watching at least part of every bowl game. I love college football, and I don't care who is playing, I'm watching.
Back to top Go down
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: I do too!!   I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15... EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 7:22 am

First game of the college season!! Ratings and exposure will be fantastic!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15...   I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15... EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 10:14 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Reason 2:

I love it.

GO BLUE

I'm with you on this point. I'm the guy that has a 5 year streak of watching at least part of every bowl game. I love college football, and I don't care who is playing, I'm watching.

Wow, awesome streak. I'd say I watch 90% of the bowls on a yearly basis.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15...   I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15... EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:51 pm

It's a Thursday night game though....

That's so, spartyish.....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15...   I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15... EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:41 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:

I disagree. Sparty would never be asked to open the season on national tv as the only game going on.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15...   I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15... EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:41 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

I disagree. Sparty would never be asked to open the season on national tv as the only game going on.

What about this year against Boise on a Friday night?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15...   I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15... EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:50 am

Although I'm not completely sold on (or onboard with) the idea I'll probably still fly back for the game.

PostSubject: Re: I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15...   I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15... Empty

Back to top Go down

I actually LOVE this Thursday night game in '15...
Page 1 of 1