Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:19 am

Hope everyone survived the heat wave yesterday...

I never looked at the temp here in Chicago, because I knew it would only make me feel worse, but it had to have hit at least 100.

I'm moving out of my apartment in Wrigleyville today (kinda sad to do so) and down to Lincoln Park. Overall, throughout the year, it will be a 'more fun' place to live...but summertime in Wrigley is awesome too.

Anyway, the mom and younger brother (just finished his frosh year down at IU) will be coming in today to help with the move.

For 'payment' of their services, I'm taking them down to Tinley Park tomorrow for the Jimmy Buffett show. It will be little brother's first-ever concert, somehow. Not really the best musical concert to be your first, but definitely the best party you could ask for at your first show.

So, it's going to be a hectic next 24-36 hours.

Enjoy the weekend, boys!

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:27 am

Not the best to be your first? I have to disagree. Jimmy Buffett puts on a great show. His songs are known by everyone. Of course, I'm an old parrot head, so maybe I'm biased.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:33 am

Hey, I agree with you on many fronts.

I guess I compare to my first show...U2 at Soldier Field back in like '96. Amazing show, amazing stage show, everything.

This will be my 5th Buffett show.

Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am

Youngsters. Wink My first show was Bachman Turner Overdrive at the IMA Sports Arena in Flint in '78.

Among my favorites: Neil Young with Crazy Horse at the Palace in '90?, the talking Heads at the Mesa Ampitheatre (AZ) in '82, the US Festival (Clash) in the San Bernardino mountains in '83, Stevie Ray Vaughn at the Kalamazoo County Fair 3 days before his death, the B-52's and Ziggy Marley at Red Rocks in Colorado in '88... ah, memories.

I hope to see KISS and Motley Crue at the Allegan County Fair this fall...
old dudes in leather that rock, LOL!

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:25 am

Mine was REO Speedwagon at the Saginaw Civic Center in 1983.

The KISS and Motley Crue show is coming here on the same night at UM vs Bama. Thought about DVRing the game, but I know I would be checking my phone constantly during the concert, so I'm staying home and watching the game.

Saw KISS in 1987 without makeup. It was weird.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 11:48 am

Hmmm, I've seen the Grateful Dead 6 times.

That could explain a lot of things...........

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:56 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

Wow, I wonder why they did that?

maybe they thought 'eh, we're over it'?

But they must not have thought that for long, because they're back to rocking the makeup and outfits.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 1:37 pm

The took the makeup off from around 1983 to 1996 time frame. It came off for the Lick It Up album.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Tesla and Great White at The Palace. Kind of dissappointing but I was 10. Best concert ever was Live and The Counting Crows at DTE (that still feels wrong, it should be Pine Knob)...

I've seen quite a few concerts (Live 8 times, and they were awesome each time except for at Hill Auditorium) including Sponge, Quiet Riot (that was interesting), Jane's Addiction (they actually sucked Live), Candlebox, Poison, Nine Inch Nails, Blues Traveler, etc.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Not a big concert goer but I was fortunate to go to Woodstock 30th Anniversary in 1999. What a way to see so man acts-Kid Rock, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Live, Offspring, Metallica, etc, etc. etc.....
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:22 am

I heard it was a nightmare but Im still jealous because I didn't go.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:51 am

WillieMfan wrote:
Not a big concert goer but I was fortunate to go to Woodstock 30th Anniversary in 1999. What a way to see so man acts-Kid Rock, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Live, Offspring, Metallica, etc, etc. etc.....

I woulda loved that one Willie...

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:54 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Mine was REO Speedwagon at the Saginaw Civic Center in 1983.

The KISS and Motley Crue show is coming here on the same night at UM vs Bama. Thought about DVRing the game, but I know I would be checking my phone constantly during the concert, so I'm staying home and watching the game.

I made a couple of trips to the SCC back in the day, I saw Rush there at least once, REO too I believe. They would have been pre-'80 though

Good call on the Bama game!

joe

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:56 pm

The Moody Blues with the Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra at Wings Stadium in Kzoo was pretty cool.

Along with Roger Waters with Eric Clapto playing the guitar for him. Sting opened for the Dead one year and Jerry came out and played with Sting.

Man, so many memories.

Rush, Triumph, Plant and Page, Plant, The Firm, The Band, Sammy Hagar, Pink Floyd.

Whew.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:57 pm

Oh, and my very first was HEAD EAST

at the Morris Civic Center in South Bend Indiana!

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:09 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I heard it was a nightmare but Im still jealous because I didn't go.

The nightmare was the heat and the fact they charged like $6 for a bottle of water. Oh and they would not let you bring in your own food, drinks, etc. The heat was absolutely brutal especially since the event was on a runway. The pavement was so damn hot. That said I survived and was able to see some of the biggest bands of a generation. SO looking back it was worth it.

Wolverdog wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

I woulda loved that one Willie...

Yea the line up was unreal. If you like music/concerts it was the place to be. They had music for 12-14 hours a day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!   Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Friday, Wolverines Fans!!!
Page 1 of 1