Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!!   HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 8:24 am

Chilly here in the armpit. One day closer to a game.

Funny, at the beginning of the season weare all chomping at the bit for the games. Then it seems they are gone so fast.

Someone offered me a tic for tomorrow but I made plans for doing stuff around the game. Maybe next week.

I grilled a Mahi Mahi Fillet yesterday. Damn was that an excellent dinner. It was a big hunk of fish and ended up being way too much for me to eat alone. Today I go for a steak I think.

Any ideas for the game tomorrow? Don't feel like going to the store so it'll have to be something I have here.

I hope all MICHIGAN FANS have a fabu-fucking-lous day today!!!!!

LET'S GO BLUE!!!!!

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!!   HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:16 am

It is a great Friday. I get off work at 10 today. Taking a half day to do some stuff.

We finally found a really good BBQ place her last night. Squealers. The ribs were amazing. They were so tender you could pull the bone right out. Perfect amount of sauce. I'm looking forward to my leftovers for lunch.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!!   HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:18 am

Mr.Redundant!!! "HAPPY Friday"....is there any other kind?

Joe---while I have you, a question. Not related to your recipes, but to your overall culinary expertise and knowledge of cuisines, etc. of various areas.

You're already aware of my affinity for broiled haddock, in the tradition my of native North Coast (Buffalo, Rochester NY) area's ritualistic "fish fries" (though I prefer broiled, sans the coating crap).

WHY, OH WHY, can I never find haddock, prepared in any manner, here in Baltimore, as I could not in Conn.? OK, Maryland is crab-cake country, but...New England? Cripes, a coastal state! And their cod, scrod, etc. is not haddock. What would your opinion be?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!!   HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:31 am

I had to do a little digging, and here is my guess.

According to Wiki Haddock was overfished as late as 2003. That contributed somewhat.

Wiki also commented that the largest fishing areas are on the Atlantic but over on the East Side by Norway.

I'm thinnking that Cod and Scrod are fished closer to home. Thus the cod and scrod staqys close to the coast where it is fished and stays fresher while ths Haddock is frozen and shiopped everywhere, especially inland cities which don't have access to ANY ocean fish.

I like haddock but also like Cod quite a bit. It's not fair because I'll eat ANY fish. I love fish. Several years ago I grilled a tuna steak, poached a salmon fillet and pan fried a fresh water perch fillet ALL IN ONE NIGHT! My wife, mother in law and I just sat and ate some of each kind. All 3 were great!

Anyway, I have no facts to explin the Haddock situation. Just a guess.

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!!   HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:42 am

Thanks, Joe...interesting. And not just another "Fish Story"...

(Nope, those kind deal with the USMC...har,har!)
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!!   HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:54 am

lol. It is just a guess.

The reason I thought of that is because a lady I IM'd with on Lon Gisland complained to me she couldn't get Canadian Walleye out there. You can get it in upstate NY but not in the city.

Funny thing is she had never heard of Bluegill. No flippin' idea what it was. And when I told her I love to eat Crappie I thought she'd die!!!!! lol

She had no sense of the difference between Ocean fish and Lake fish.

I felt pretty bad for her actually knowing how wonderful bluegill, perch and crappie are when quickly sauteed in a pan.....

joe

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!!   HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:55 am

And Walleye and Canadian Whitefish adn, and, and........

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!!   HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:22 am

Happy Fridayyyyyy!!!

I've actually been contemplating requesting the back end of the day off...but I was just in my bosses office and she's already in a pissy mood, so that's a no go.

I need it though. I'm quite hungover from last night. Found a place, in Chicago no less, that on Thursdays is $1 domestic drafts and $2 you call it wells drinks.

I did about 8 whiskey and cokes, and my body hates me for it this morning.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!!   HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:06 pm

IU boys just can't hang....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!!   HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

HAPPY FRIDAY MICHIGAN FANS!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1