Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Top recruits power play.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Top recruits power play. Empty
PostSubject: Top recruits power play.   Top recruits power play. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:31 pm

Not sure what to think about this. But, if it was UM and he pulled this, I would say "see you later". The coaches run the show, not the players.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/top-recruit-threatens-look-elsewhere-clemson-doesn-t-184812809--ncaaf.html
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Top recruits power play.   Top recruits power play. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:35 pm

fish I saw this too and I tend to agree with you... the coaches run the show period.

I suspect there may be more to this. Perhaps in his recruitment he told the coaches it was a package deal and perhaps they assured or hinted that they would offer his buddy.

either way, it's kind of hard to turn down the number one recruit in the nation, especially if you're a program like Clemson which isn't typically known as a national powerhouse.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Top recruits power play.   Top recruits power play. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:43 pm

Yeah, I get that. We've all heard of the package deals before. But I've never heard a recruit go on the record as boldly as this guy did to say that he will start looking around if the other guy isn't offered.

Why did he commit before his buddy had an offer?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Top recruits power play.   Top recruits power play. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:48 pm

I'm assuming this is in regards to Nmdiche (sp) and Clemson...

The opinions of this in the national media have been all over the spectrum. Some agree with you guys, others are saying it's an excellent move by him.

The people in that camp say "This is the only time prior/during his college career he'll have any 'control' over anything...so he may as well take advantage."

I'm still trying to decide which side of the fence I sit on.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Top recruits power play.   Top recruits power play. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:50 pm

Look, I have no problem if a couple of these guys want to play together. But why not tell Clemson ahead of time? Why not say "I won't commit to any team that doesn't offer so and so"? Then don't commit until his buddy has a commitable offer. Now if Clemson offers his buddy, they have lost all crediblity, and will no longer be able to recruit without this happening again.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Top recruits power play.   Top recruits power play. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:49 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Yeah, I get that. We've all heard of the package deals before. But I've never heard a recruit go on the record as boldly as this guy did to say that he will start looking around if the other guy isn't offered.

Why did he commit before his buddy had an offer?

Well said. While I was reading, I was thinking that package deals are nothing new. Putting it out there the way he has is a different story. It feel very much like an ultimatum. I also agree that he could have just waited to see if they would offer his buddy. Now if Clemson does take both, people will think his buddy is only on the team because of Robert's ultimatum.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Top recruits power play.   Top recruits power play. EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:51 pm

I agree, Fish. It's a bit childish to 'commit', then say if they offer your buddy you're a 'solid' verbal.

If that's the case, you've never really committed to begin with.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top recruits power play.   Top recruits power play. Empty

Back to top Go down

Top recruits power play.
Page 1 of 1