Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm ready!! Bring on Bama"!!! UM 38 Bama 27

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
Go_Blue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

I'm ready!!  Bring on Bama"!!!  UM 38 Bama 27   Empty
PostSubject: I'm ready!! Bring on Bama"!!! UM 38 Bama 27    I'm ready!!  Bring on Bama"!!!  UM 38 Bama 27   EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 pm

GO BLUE!!

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I'm ready!! Bring on Bama"!!! UM 38 Bama 27    I'm ready!!  Bring on Bama"!!!  UM 38 Bama 27   EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:24 am

Amen brother, but I'm still enjoying the summer. I'll be really ready about 1 August.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: I'm ready!! Bring on Bama"!!! UM 38 Bama 27    I'm ready!!  Bring on Bama"!!!  UM 38 Bama 27   EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:31 am

I'm ready now. My job makes me hate summer. Bring on football and slow work days!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm ready!! Bring on Bama"!!! UM 38 Bama 27    I'm ready!!  Bring on Bama"!!!  UM 38 Bama 27   EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:30 am

I think I was talking about this a week or so ago.

Funny how we can't wait for the summer weather...but when it comes, you begin immediately clamoring for fall and football to return.

No wonder our lives fly by so quickly, we're always looking ahead instead of living in the moment.

OK, maybe that was too deep, but you get the point.

Either way, GO BLUE!

michmike

PostSubject: Re: I'm ready!! Bring on Bama"!!! UM 38 Bama 27    I'm ready!!  Bring on Bama"!!!  UM 38 Bama 27   EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:35 pm

No, it was of appropriate "depth", Admin.

Yeah, I've been on holiday from here a long while---vacation, summer, off-[football]-season, etc. But I peek time-to-time to see if anything new of interest appears, and your (and the others') points caught my eye.

On reading your comments I couldn't help but think of a former co-worker long ago (like 20 years). Not the most productive individual, but not exactly a "slacker", either---but by midweek most weeks, as early as Monday during some, he'd invariably, and incessantly, go off on, "GOD---I WISH TODAY WERE FRIDAY!"

"George," all of us (but esp. our boss) would chide him. "Why wish your life away?"

Which was, of course, exactly what he was doing. And whilst all of us do such time-to-time, he unfortunately didn't have much of a life to wish away: duodenum cancer claimed him at the ripe old age of....52.

I'm giving away my own ripe/sour old age in this, but I quote The Grass Roots: "Let's Live For Today!"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm ready!! Bring on Bama"!!! UM 38 Bama 27    I'm ready!!  Bring on Bama"!!!  UM 38 Bama 27   EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:47 pm

michmike wrote:
No, it was of appropriate "depth", Admin.

Yeah, I've been on holiday from here a long while---vacation, summer, off-[football]-season, etc. But I peek time-to-time to see if anything new of interest appears, and your (and the others') points caught my eye.

On reading your comments I couldn't help but think of a former co-worker long ago (like 20 years). Not the most productive individual, but not exactly a "slacker", either---but by midweek most weeks, as early as Monday during some, he'd invariably, and incessantly, go off on, "GOD---I WISH TODAY WERE FRIDAY!"

"George," all of us (but esp. our boss) would chide him. "Why wish your life away?"

Which was, of course, exactly what he was doing. And whilst all of us do such time-to-time, he unfortunately didn't have much of a life to wish away: duodenum cancer claimed him at the ripe old age of....52.

I'm giving away my own ripe/sour old age in this, but I quote The Grass Roots: "Let's Live For Today!"

Great post.

booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: I'm ready!! Bring on Bama"!!! UM 38 Bama 27    I'm ready!!  Bring on Bama"!!!  UM 38 Bama 27   EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 10:52 pm

Michmike, great post!!! Like you said we all time from time look forward to the future. I work in high school athletics, I always hear the kids say can't wait to graduate, want to get out this place! I always chime in with, yes you can. This past spring several of the seniors where sitting around, saying I can't believe HS is almost over, where did the time go, I just smile. One of the kids, class of 05', stayed in touch, became friends. Talked to him last month, lives in Charlotte, he was semi-complaining about rent & car payments being due, being at work at 7:30am. I said welcome to real world, sucks getting older. His reply was f you. No respect!!

I'm 52, been at same HS for 30 yrs. Some of the kids that graduated in the mid/late 80s, their kids now go to HS. Thats when I feel old.

As much as I love M FB, right now I'm not really excited yet. Right now I'm sitting in my cottage on Lake Michigan in Glen Arbor, watching a freighter go buy in the distance. 10:30 at night, still a hint of orange sky, life is good. Only decisions tomorrow, get up early, decide where should I take my dog hiking, then go Arts tavern for breakfast or sit my deck to eat, then is it steak or chicken for dinner on the grill. Since I'm still recovering from friends b'day last night, Labatts beer and jack daniels on the rocks, maybe until saturday till I drink again.

Come august 6th when HS FB starts, thats when I'll start thinking about FB season. 1st HS game is august 23rd, 6 weeks from tonight, damn, thats coming up. In the mean time for another 10 days I'm going to enjoy being a big kid, climbing sleeping bear sandunes, swimming and hiking, relaxing and drinking.

GO BLUE!!!

Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: I'm ready!! Bring on Bama"!!! UM 38 Bama 27    I'm ready!!  Bring on Bama"!!!  UM 38 Bama 27   EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Wow!! Talk about wet blankets!! LOL. Look guys, I enjoy life as much as the rest of you, but being down here in Texas, I don't get to have a lot of UM football talk. I am 46 and the days, weeks, months, and years are definately getting shorter.

I had just finished reading a bunch of UM vs 'Bama hype so I was ready to get it on and prove all the doubters wrong.

Okay back to reality in Texas. It sure is hot...and now wet...and where are my contractors? Why don't plumbers work in the rain but electricians do? And who the hell changed the blueprints? It sure is hot out here.

PostSubject: Re: I'm ready!! Bring on Bama"!!! UM 38 Bama 27    I'm ready!!  Bring on Bama"!!!  UM 38 Bama 27   Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm ready!! Bring on Bama"!!! UM 38 Bama 27
Page 1 of 1