Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So a great thing happened to me last night.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

So a great thing happened to me last night. Empty
PostSubject: So a great thing happened to me last night.   So a great thing happened to me last night. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:48 pm

I walk into one of my favorite watering holes, The American Legion, Thursday night is $6.00 pitcher night, and a guy that I've met there a few times comes over and pulls up a chair at the table where my wife and I were sitting. I say "Hey Mike, how have you been" and he says "Great, just got back into town today from Chatanooga". He's travels quite a bit for his work.

So he says to me "You are probably the most pasionate Michigan football fan that I know so I want you to have something". I'm thinking he is going to give me a trinket of some sort from his travels.

I said "Thanks, what is it". He says "I have a 1997 Scott Driesbach game worn jersey signed by the entire 1997 National Championship team, framed and authenticated just sitting in a closet at home. Thought you might want it for you UM man cave".

I'm in a little bit of shock, and asked why he was parting with it. He said that after his divorce he downsized his house, and a lot of the signatures have faded, and it was a shame to just let it sit in the closet. I tell him that I can't accept that for free, so he says I can just buy him a couple beers.

So I'm picking it up after work. Looking forward to hanging it in the basement.

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: So a great thing happened to me last night.   So a great thing happened to me last night. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 1:51 pm

WHAT!!! LUCKY!!!

I guess I should go hang out my american legion more often.

joe

PostSubject: Re: So a great thing happened to me last night.   So a great thing happened to me last night. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:08 pm

That is too cool!

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: So a great thing happened to me last night.   So a great thing happened to me last night. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Yeah, I think it's pretty cool. Mike is a good guy, and a UM fan, but not a huge UM fan. He grew up here in the Indy area, but said he always liked UM.

Not sure what he does for a living, but he has a lot of great sports memorabilia. He is always getting signed stuff and raffling it off for the Legion.

He has had the following raffled: Peyton Manning signed football; Dantonio/Belima signed picture from opening kickoff of BTN Champ game; Coach K signed picture of tip off between Duke/Butler, Larry Bird jersey.

He also said that he texts with Irsay because he was a founding member of the "Blue Crew" fan club when the Colts moved here.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So a great thing happened to me last night.   So a great thing happened to me last night. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:27 pm

That is awesome!!!

Irsay is a good dude. One of my best friends dates one of his daughter, Kaylen (sp?). Anyway, great guy. Old school hippie. Smokes American Spirits and a little of the wacky tobaccy on the weekends. Like I said, old school hippie.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: So a great thing happened to me last night.   So a great thing happened to me last night. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Very cool. Sounds like a great piece. You should do some research and see if there is anything you can do to preserve the remaining signatures. Would be a shame to see them all fade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So a great thing happened to me last night.   So a great thing happened to me last night. Empty

Back to top Go down

So a great thing happened to me last night.
Page 1 of 1