Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Serious Green commitment chatter going on

Go down 
+2
MichiganFootball13
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Serious Green commitment chatter going on Empty
PostSubject: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Dymonte tweeted about 15 mins ago "He's about to commit!"

Then Sarah Hughes (Hokes Mad Magicians blog) tweeted that she texted a current commit if it's really about to go down and he responded "DG? Definitely."
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Awesome news!! I remember reading an article about 2 months ago when a writer from scout or rivals said that Green was his pick for this class' future Heisman trophy winner. I always liked Green but thought getting him was MORE than a long shot.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:34 pm

I will hold back my excitement until it happens. I am very skeptical it will Mike Farrell of Rivals has said he did not think he was the type to do it during a visit. When Mike has asked him on other visits if he is going to commit he always gives him a straight no. I guess now Green is saying he doesn't know. While this gives us some hope. I still think of Mike's initial assessment of him not doing it while on a visit. The pressure has to be immense. I only hope that if/when he does commit that he sticks to it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Rivals Mike tweeted during that time that he texted DG asking if he'd commit today... "Another 'Idk yet' when asked if he'd commit to Michigan today. That often means yes but we'll see."
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Green is not committing today but he is still in A2 for another day so maybe tomorrow but I sure am glad that I did not wait around by my computer waiting for this kid to commit today.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:23 pm

I think we are being jerked around really. I do not see him committing anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Honestly though Willie, he's not jerking anyone.

Never anywhere did HE say he might commit this weekend.

EVERYONE ELSE said "This would be a great weekend for it." and it picked up steam to the effect that now it's a huge let down because he didn't commit.

It's the people worrying about a 17 year old kid that feels the "jerking". It's the guys that posts "Every time I asked him before he sid no. This time he said "I'm not sure"!!! THAT MEANS HE'S GONNA COMMIT!!!!!!!

C'mon willie. It's not the kid. It's the people hanging on it.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:22 pm

Ummmm....quote where I said Green was jerking us around. scratch

All we have been discussing is all the chatter by players and recruiting "experts." Green has not said anything about committing so I agree he is not jerking us around.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:04 pm

Green was contacted by Oklahoma but he told them it is too late. He will not visit them. Seems to be close to a decision but who knows.
Back to top Go down
CharlotteGuy

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:46 pm

Personally if we weren't able to get him to commit this weekend, I don't see him coming to Michigan. He will end up in the SEC. I feel like the sail has sailed on Treadwell as well. He is all about visiting Florida, UCLA, and every other school that is late to offer him. So it will be interesting to see who we take with the last 2 scholarships.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:51 am

Yeah Treadwell's commitment has been a very frustrating one, no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:37 pm

do you think that if this was a typical year where kids were not committing so early would we be as hard on Treadwell as we are being?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 3:11 pm

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
do you think that if this was a typical year where kids were not committing so early would we be as hard on Treadwell as we are being?

Great point.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: This is a lot of it.   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:43 pm

MichiganFootball13 wrote:

And the rest is the advent of twitter et al.

I think we're spoiled plus we expect every kid to make a decision NOW! And if they don't make it fast enough for some then they get branded a "Diva" or a "Head Case" or "Media hog" but I think you get my drift.

I'm going to use Green as an example.

A week ago there was little talk about him. I'm not certain when he set up the 3 dy weekend at AA but I didn't see anyine talking about it.

Then it was posted he was going to AA.

"MICHIGAN HAS 5* RB VISITING THIS WEEKEND"

Then it was posted his parents were coming with him.

"5* RECRUIT HAS PARENTS ON TRIP. BE ON COMMIT WATCH!"

Then it was posted tht he was going to be in AA for an ENTIRE 3 day weekend AND OSU had pu lled their offer to him.

"D. GREEN VISIT}ING MICHIGAN WITH PARENTS FOR 3 DAY WEEKEND. OSU SAYS NO THANKS! LOOK FOR COMMITMENT!"

That was only on Wednesday.

By the time the weekend actually happened any outcome less than Green pledging his lasting and undying love (and naming his first son BO) was a huge disappointment.

So I think this i what it has come to. A, sometimes, small thing gets painted into something big. After unrealistic expectations are made, then missed, a few guys go off, then a few more, then a few more.

Pretty soon, after hearing it and reading it, still, from regular joe's like you and me, even the most level headed starts to doubt.

I say, DON'T DOUBT!

And if we don't get them, OH WELL! We'll get someone else that wants to be here.

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Agree completely. I think we know too much about these high school kids.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious Green commitment chatter going on   Serious Green commitment chatter going on Empty

Back to top Go down

Serious Green commitment chatter going on
Page 1 of 1