Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Want to get all pissed off? Read this article...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Want to get all pissed off? Read this article... Empty
PostSubject: Want to get all pissed off? Read this article...   Want to get all pissed off? Read this article... EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Tell me this doesn't get your motor runnin' a little bit...

http://www.heritage.com/articles/2012/08/02/sports/doc501b51ad77400840667146.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Michigan versus The World, as I wrote yesterday on MGoRecruiting.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: Want to get all pissed off? Read this article...   Want to get all pissed off? Read this article... EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:28 pm

Maybe it's my old age that prevents me from suffering hypertension at those things, young fella.

More accurately, though, at this late stage, I tend merely to just consider the source more often...

Caputo? Isn't there a played-20-times-a-week movie about a jerk-off by that name? This one's obviously a Spartan "graduate"...the equivalent of which at U-M is also called a dropout.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Want to get all pissed off? Read this article...   Want to get all pissed off? Read this article... EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:53 pm

I made it as far as Written by Pat Caputo. It'd be the same thing as listening to Valenti and Az (who are one in the same). I currently live by enough spartys, no need to read this. It's so mind-blowingly numbing that I am moving back to A2 in 3 weeks.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Want to get all pissed off? Read this article...   Want to get all pissed off? Read this article... EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Oh, see I wasn't aware that Caputo was a Sparty.

I assumed as much after I read the article, but still.

Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Want to get all pissed off? Read this article...   Want to get all pissed off? Read this article... EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:06 pm

I will play the devil's advocate here. I think he is pretty much spot on. The facts are that Sparty has beaten UM handily the last few years. It is true that UM surprised everyone last year and has a lot to prove this year. It is true that Denard is still not a proven passer and their should be major concerns this year if he cannot connect with a consistent receiver. And it is true that Sparty has managed to bottle Denard up. It is true that last year's schedule was extremely easier than this years.

As a matter of fact, everything he said was true. Michigan has a lot to prove this year. They have to prove that last year was not an aberration but a trend that is likely to continue to play out and become a constant.

It is also true that UM should be looking for a National Championship. We hope sooner rather than later, but the fact is, Hoke and the coaching staff still do not have the players necessary to play their type of football. I believe this is why the recruiting is being followed with more scrutiny than normal. (or perhaps more by myself)

I do believe we have the right coaches in place. I am anxious to see how Borges's offense will work with his type of players.

I have the highest hopes for this season, but I am also realistic enough to know that 1 very good season does not make a dynasty.

Yes this article grated on my every last nerve, but mainly because almost everything that was written is true. This season will become more important than last season in my opinion. Like seasons of the past, teams will again not take UM for granted as they had during the RR years. We will not surprise anyone this year. And, as discussed many times, the high caliber skill player recruits will be watching. This season will be a bigger testament as to the Coaching staffs abilities and the players resolve.

Here is to a great season for UM Football...the Coaches, the Team, and us the fans!! Go Blue!!

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Want to get all pissed off? Read this article...   Want to get all pissed off? Read this article... EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Regardless of those things being true, every sparty has a major case of penis-envy for everything Michigan. I didn't read the article and won't. I'm guessing it's the same old thing crying about Michigan and claiming superiority because of the last 4 season's (one of which was sub.500 for sparty, 6-7 in 2009). Goes to show that Michigan is still, and will always be, elite because that game is other schools' season. michigan state EVERY YEAR, ohio it is typically not their season but it is very important although this season it is their year, Iowa despises Michigan, pretty much every one in the B1G does with the exception of Indiana. Indiana doesn't compare to us athletically or academically, they're just happy to be here and drink beer. Right Admin? Our annual clash with Notre Dame brings more hostility, they hate us. And they think that they are good Catholics! I can't tell you how many Notre Dame fans have called me a "Jew" simply because I attended Michigan. I'm actually like most of them religiously, a non-practicing Catholic. Well, I have some major issues with the Catholic religion but this isn't the place for that.

Lil'brother is just extremely annoying. I hate them, and that's pretty significant for me to say. I only hate three individual people in life, a punk-ass loser that I met in elementary school and knew through High School, a former supervisor (who is also a sparty so I dislike him immensely), and George "dubya" Bush. I want Michigan to beat them by more than the 119-0 drubbing in the early 1900's...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Want to get all pissed off? Read this article...   Want to get all pissed off? Read this article... EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:14 pm

I remember those days fondly. A blatant hate for any opponent of Michigan. Those were good rabid days, but I find now that I have aged and seen so much of Michigan football, a grudging respect for your opponent is the best way to defeat him.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Want to get all pissed off? Read this article...   Want to get all pissed off? Read this article... EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:23 pm

I really only hate sparty, sure I do not like ohio or Notre Dame but I don't hate them. You asre right, respecting someone only makes your victory over them that much sweeter. That's why sparty isn't happy with beating Michigan 4-years in a row. They'll feel better this fall though as they'll go back to their rightful role as the Lil'bitch of the B1G Ten...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Want to get all pissed off? Read this article...   Want to get all pissed off? Read this article... EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:01 am

Admin wrote:
Oh, see I wasn't aware that Caputo was a Sparty.

I assumed as much after I read the article, but still.

He is very much a Sparty. Those of us in southeast Michigan get a whole day of Spartans on the radio on 97.1 the Ticket. Scott the Gator Anderson morning to mid-afternoon, Mike Valenti afternoons and Pat Caputo in the evenings.

Caputo's got a mopey and dopey voice. He refuses to let callers finish their point of view on any subject whether it's sports related or not. Valenti is the most condescending guy I've ever heard. His attitude reflects his personality, which is everyone in the world is stupid but him. He blasts anything Michigan related, dares Michigan fans to call in and then refuses to take any calls from Michigan fans with half a brain so he can paint us all as a mindless, clueless fan base. Anderson is the most tolerable but he's also the least mature, laughing at jokes that a 12 year old would find funny (like the number 69 or badminton players with the shuttlecock in the Olympics.)

There's just way too much Spartan representation in this area radio wise. Thank GOD for WTKA.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Want to get all pissed off? Read this article...   Want to get all pissed off? Read this article... EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:46 am

There are only two jobs a sparty alum can get, radio personality or pizza delivery person.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to get all pissed off? Read this article...   Want to get all pissed off? Read this article... Empty

Back to top Go down

Want to get all pissed off? Read this article...
Page 1 of 1