Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team. Empty
PostSubject: Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team.   Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:19 am

Was that the like each other. He said he has been on and around teams that play together and play well together, but Team 132 really liked each other.

That can make a difference in being an OK team to a good team to a great team. I've been with a lot of different units during my 20 years in the Marine Corps, and there were units that we all just did our jobs, and there were units where we all liked each other. When you like the person next to you, you will go above and beyond to protect their back.

Anyway, this story made me think that they continue to like each other. Congrats to the 7 young men on their scholarships.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120829/SPORTS0201/208290475/1131/sports0201/-room-went-crazy-seven-walk-ons-awarded-Michigan-scholarships
Back to top Go down
michmike

Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team.   Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 9:07 am

FGB--- that whole scenario is yet one more reason I'm so glad the man is at our program's helm. And yes, I mean instead of Harbaugh.

After all, JH was one of the least-popular players (among his teammates) in the NFL. And his "baggage" has been well-publicized. As has Les Miles'.

Anyone who disagrees with coach Hoke---or you---and instead maintains that "liking teammates/coworkers/company mates is not important to success" really needs to get a reality check. Unless, of course, they happen to be winter lighthouse keepers in Antarctica.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team.   Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:20 pm

I think that we can all admit that we were wrong on the hire. Some wanted Miles (I never really did but I would have accepted him if he came), others wanted Harbaugh (yep, that was me), but if neither of those two came I actually wanted Peterson. I heard the Hoke name flutter around and I firmly stated that I did not want Hoke. Well, I can admit when I'm wrong and yes I was majorly wrong on this one. I'm glad I was too, I'm also glad that Coach Hoke came to Michigan.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team.   Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:24 pm

2nd, I don't want to sound like a know it all, but I was on the Hoke bandwagon the day that Lloyd announced his retirement. He had just brought Ball State to the Big House and scared the bejezus out of UM.

Then they announced RR, which I never saw coming, but was excited, as he had dominated the Big East and had a perrenial NC contender at WVU. Well, we know how that worked out.

I then was on the Hoke or Harbaugh. Either one, I thought, would be great. Never thought of Miles as a good fit, or a great coach.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team.   Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 1:35 pm

I was cautiously optimistic about Hoke. I was worried about his lack of experience, especially at a big program. That said I thought it said a lot that he made weak programs good. The more he talked the more excited I got and then of course last years success was the icing on the cake.

Let's face it Harbaugh would have been ok too. He did take the niners from like 3 wins to the NFC championship game in one year. The guy can coach.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team.   Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:15 pm

Some, obviously you, had a feeling about Coach Hoke. I didn't, my bad. I bow to your superior Michigan Football knowledge on this one. I never claimed to be all knowing about Michigan Football.

That is just one of many reasons why I got out of Mid-Michigan. People knew that I went to Michigan and thought that I should know everything. I will say that I know an awful lot but I DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING. There are many areas where I don't know anything, I've never claimed that I knew it all. I guess that's one reason why I like Ann Arbor so much. I've got a Masters degree from Michigan, so what, everyone else does too (if not a Doctorate). I'm nothing special, no pressure. I fit in and I love it.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team.   Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:22 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Some, obviously you, had a feeling about Coach Hoke. I didn't, my bad. I bow to your superior Michigan Football knowledge on this one. I never claimed to be all knowing about Michigan Football.

That is just one of many reasons why I got out of Mid-Michigan. People knew that I went to Michigan and thought that I should know everything. I will say that I know an awful lot but I DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING. There are many areas where I don't know anything, I've never claimed that I knew it all. I guess that's one reason why I like Ann Arbor so much. I've got a Masters degree from Michigan, so what, everyone else does too (if not a Doctorate). I'm nothing special, no pressure. I fit in and I love it.

I'm not as smart as I think I am. I just follow a lot of college football. I love the sport and will watch any team in any game. Because of that, I knew a little about Hoke. I just liked him. I never thought he would go 11-2 in his first year. But, now he has set the bar, can he maintain it?

As for Harbaugh, I think he would have been a tremendous coach at UM, but he's a guy that would always have had his eye on the NFL. IMHO. He just seems too competative to not want to see what he could do in the NFL, and then to look at his brother's success and not want to one up him.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team.   Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team. EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:16 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I'm not as smart as I think I am. I just follow a lot of college football. I love the sport and will watch any team in any game. Because of that, I knew a little about Hoke. I just liked him. I never thought he would go 11-2 in his first year. But, now he has set the bar, can he maintain it?

As for Harbaugh, I think he would have been a tremendous coach at UM, but he's a guy that would always have had his eye on the NFL. IMHO. He just seems too competative to not want to see what he could do in the NFL, and then to look at his brother's success and not want to one up him.

I almost want to compare Harbaugh to Saban. Both did well in the college game and then went to the NFL, however Saban tanked in the Pro's and then went back to college because, IMHO, he had more power and a greater influence on young lives. Jimmah seems to be doing well in the NFL, but after he wins a Super Bowl he "might" want to go back to the college game. Assume that is in 10-15 years, Coach Hoke "might" want to retire at that point. Just an idea....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team.   Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoke said last year that one of the things he really enjoyed about his team.
Page 1 of 1