Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Keys to the game...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Keys to the game... Empty
PostSubject: Keys to the game...   Keys to the game... EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:24 pm

Ok it's almost 24 hours until game time. Time to get down to the nitty gritty. What are the keys to Michigan pulling out a win?

Here are mine:

Denard-He has to have improved his passing or we will lose. There is no way Saban is going to let him beat them on the ground. Say what you want about Saban or the new players they are breaking in but they will be disciplined. I expect them to focus on containment and forcing Denard to throw.

Borges-There were a couple of games last year that Borges play calling was questionable. MSU comes to mind. Borges has to call a great game and put Denard in situations where he will succeed. I hope the game plan has a lot of short passes in it. We have a lot of guys that can make plays in space vs. guys who will be seeing there first significant playing time. Let's put some pressure on their secondary to make plays.

Michigan D-The D has to keep the scoring to a minimum. We all know that Alabama's OL is all world. I still think our D-line will do ok and with our LB's we should be able to plug holes. If Bama is averaging 5+ yds. a carry we could be in for a long night. Make the Bama's QB throw that is the strength of our defense and with Matteson dialing up various blitzes we should be able to get a lot of pressure on passer. Here's hoping we get them in a lot of third and long situations.

These are my keys to the game. What are yours.
Back to top Go down
michmike

Keys to the game... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys to the game...   Keys to the game... EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 3:25 pm

I agree with all of yours, in particular the importance of improvement in Denard's passing (mainly, no jump balls, without a Junior to outfight everyone and reel them in). But I'll add these two.

First and most obvious, take care of the damned ball. We have to almost win the TO battle to win the game.

Second: Win the special teams' battle. And that's do-able. Hell, wasn't Frank Beamer of VaTech legendary for his emphasis on the excellence (and importance) of his ST's? And how'd that one (2012 Sugar Bowl) come out?
Back to top Go down

Keys to the game...
Page 1 of 1