Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?

Go down 
+8
BetterThansparty
sandyeggo_blue
MichiganFootball13
WolverineHistorian
dwoody
joe
jjabilene
Admin
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  Empty
PostSubject: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:38 pm

8pm ET, Michigan State vs Notre Dame.

I haven't looked much at this week's national slate, but I know the Big Ten schedule is pretty weak.

This could end up the most interesting game of the day.

So, who ya got?

MSU because you have to root B1G?

Notre Dame because you simply hate Sparty so much these days?

I personally haven't decided yet.

jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:44 pm

I have to be honest, I'm rooting against MSU this year, even when they play OSU too. I should be able to rise above it, but their fans have become so obnoxious I just want to see them put back in their place. Unfortunately, I think this season is set up perfectly for them, even though I think last year's team was clearly better. Hate to say it, but I have a bad feeling this just might be their year.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:44 pm

ND. I will never again root for MAC unless a win by them helps Michigan.

They, and their shitty fans, can go to hell.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 9:19 pm

I vote for total sparty humiliation this Saturday and EVERY Saturday. Hell, I hope they get humiliated even at their own practices!
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:03 pm

I root for the meteor to crush both teams.

Truth be told, if you put a gun to my head and force me to pick, I'm rooting for Sparty because rooting for Notre Dame is like rooting for Al Qaeda. But at the same time, I don't feel great about it. If you keep reminding yourself that one of these teams of jackasses has to lose, you feel a little better.

And think about it. Notre Dame beat MSU rather soundly last year and that certainly didn't shut up Spartan Nation. What makes you think that would change anything after this weekend? They live and breathe for only one game, and that's against us. Whether or not they beat ND is besides the point.

MSU still sucks, their colors suck, their fans suck, their mascot sucks and their all time record sucks. But I don't mind them beating Notre Dame. They have broken many Irish hearts over the years with some pretty insane games. That's probably the only thing they have ever done right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUrI4tawHTs&feature=relmfu
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Irish for sure...I just totally hate 99.9% of all state fans and i just love when they lose now... Plus even though most of you hate his guts on here Brian Kelly and less hated D coach Chuck Martin brought my Alma Matter, Grand Valley, into the national spotlight and from a good program into the best football program in all divisions from 00-10.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 10:27 pm

I'm cheering ND for sure. Even though there is conference, state, family affiliation (lil bro).

Sparty needs to be reminded of his place in the pecking order. ND has been lame for 20 years so I'm not worried about the ND fans puffing their chests. Little brother on the other hand...

a little off topic, a fellow hunter/coworker of mine (sparty alumn) got a doe on opening weekend. Of course I was out of town at the Bama game and wasn't even in my stand but he keeps reminding me of it every day. I need to crush one of these bucks I've been seeing to shut him up. I'd like to do it Saturday before a Sparty loss and text him pictures and game scores all day Sunday so he doesn't show up to work Monday.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Do you seriously have to ask?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 6:04 am

ND.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:37 am

ND.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:26 am

After reading some of the comments on an ESPN preview of that game, I think I have decided....

I'm rooting for.....Sparty.

It took about 30 seconds of reading comments from Notre Dame dbags to make up my mind.

I think I'd like to see the state of Michigan kick their asses two weeks in a row.

Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm going with Sparty. I don't hold much against them. I know their fans are shitty, but some of those fans are my family and friends. Besides, their little run is almost over so let them have a little joy.

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:07 am

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
Irish for sure...I just totally hate 99.9% of all state fans and i just love when they lose now... Plus even though most of you hate his guts on here Brian Kelly and less hated D coach Chuck Martin brought my Alma Matter, Grand Valley, into the national spotlight and from a good program into the best football program in all divisions from 00-10.

MF13, when at GV, was Kelly already the screaming jerk he is now? Or can his apologists attribute that solely to
"The pressure-cooker that is the ND head coaching job"?? I doubt it. You don't develop habits like his overnight. For the billionth time, I can't fathom how or why any 18-year-old athlete would want to play for him instead of a coach like our own Brady Hoke.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:10 am

Addendum (actually, that's an excuse for fat-fingered-ness):

Pushed to answer the original question, I can't. Games like MSU vs. ND actually make me regret the institution of the tie-breaking OT in college ball.
I'd like to see both of them fail to win.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: I agree!   Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:52 am

michmike wrote:
Addendum (actually, that's an excuse for fat-fingered-ness):

Pushed to answer the original question, I can't. Games like MSU vs. ND actually make me regret the institution of the tie-breaking OT in college ball.
I'd like to see both of them fail to win.

0-0 would be perfect

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:10 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
0-0 would be perfect

Not quite, for them both to be 0-1 would be better...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:20 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
THEstjoemfan wrote:
0-0 would be perfect

Here's what I wrote for MGoRecruiting...: http://mgorecruiting.blogspot.com/2012/09/eyeing-our-enemies.html

Here's an excerpt:

Quote :
It’s one of those games where you don’t know who to root for. You feel sick to your stomach from doing simple things, like pumping your fist when either of those teams has a big play. Of course, if I had it my way and it were possible, both teams would lose by scoring negative points, becoming the first two teams to ever accomplish a feat, thus forever being banned from competing in college football again.

Their fanbases would go into permanent shock:
Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  Zach-morris

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:25 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
THEstjoemfan wrote:
0-0 would be perfect

I'm sure he meant a 0-0 tie would be perfect if it was possible.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:35 pm

That is what I meant

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:37 pm

Zach looks high in that...

They should both score negative points then like Admin said.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:02 pm

How about a sparty win followed by multiple arrests for some stupid criminal activity after the game?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:30 pm

dwoody wrote:
How about a sparty win followed by multiple arrests for some stupid criminal activity after the game?

IF they win that is what will happen. It's a given, unfortunately you don't get any credit for predicting that. Heck, if they lose that'll happen. Basically stated, that will happen...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:48 pm

I was dreaming the stealth bomber that flew over stadium last week, would have continued heading north west, probably take 10 mins, couple well place bombs would have wiped out sparty stadium. OK, maybe a little harsh.

Can't cheer for sparty, the hate is unreal. The hate during the Bama game was incredible. Then you have fans who think FB was invented 5 yrs ago, that history doesn't matter. Been to South Bend 4 times for M-ND games, my record is 1-2-1 BTW, everytime the ND fans where awesome, you could good natured teasing, have a beer with them, had a fantasic time.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Whatever the outcome of the game, I just want to see sparty look bad. I cannot imagine any scenario where I would want them to win, but if they must win I want them to look/act bad for the world to see. I loved Rather Hall!! I'm sure I have felt this way about moo-u since well before many of you were born!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?    Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Who are you rooting for? Sparty or the Irish?
Page 1 of 1