Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?

Go down 
+4
michmike
the artist formally known
fishgoblue22
Admin
8 posters

Who will win tomorrow night?
A) MICHIGAN
MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? Vote_lcap69%MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? Vote_rcap
 69% [ 9 ]
B) Rudy
MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? Vote_lcap31%MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? Empty
PostSubject: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:42 am

Who ya taking?

Give us a score too...

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:44 am

I'm going with the Maize and Blue: 28-26

We lead with 4-5 minutes left in the game, 21-20. Notre Dame has a go-ahead score late in the game. They try going for two but are unsuccessful. Once again, Irish leave too much time on the clock for Shoelace, and he connects with Devn Gardner on a TD pass. MICHIGAN WINS! cheers

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:15 am

31-24 UM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:17 am

I picked rudy only becuase it at ND in front of a home crowd the Ref's get spooked I say 24-17 Michigan defense gives up 325 in offense but rhe O get 375 most off DR long runs, and Michigan lose's a thriller in the last 5 minutes of the game on a questionable PI call.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:41 am

I so want to delete your post, Lab.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 11:04 am

Alright, I'll make mine. M, 23-20 (in regulation). I've had a warm-n-fuzzy about Brendan Gibbons ever since last year (when, time and again, he vindicated Brady Hoke's "I love him!" answer to reporters asking about BG). Three FGs is definitely not out of the question.

As for the rest, I look to Denard's passing to benefit from a weak (at least relative to their front 7) ND secondary. I expect they'll be able to counter his running game with their front 7...though not to the extent 'Bama's did.
If his legs figure dramatically in the outcome, I expect it will be in terms of his ability to evade rushers in the backfield while looking to pass, not the way he did with that 90-yard run (in about 8 seconds?) in 2010.

Defensively, I look for their first-year starter at QB to wilt, at least somewhat, under the pressure of having to end a 3-year-skid to us at home...and of course, the pressure of what awaits him on the sideline
after every miscue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 am

Admin I know its tough for me too, but I gotta be real, wordse yet I'll be screaming at My TV the whole time. If some how Michigan D line can frustrate ND and get to Golston, I will feel so GGGOOOOOD . But this D has not impressed me thus fare this year. I think we'll move the ball, but that D is so suspect.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Admin wrote:
Who ya taking?

Give us a score too...

In College Pick Em on ESPN I took Michigan for a 1 confidence point. I'm in the 99.8 percentile BTW. This is going to be a real tough match-up for UM. I trust the coaching staff will have this team improved and ready. I hope it's just close in the 4th because then I'll obviously take a senior QB winning over a Freshmen QB.

24-23 UM.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:52 pm

Couldn't agree with you more, old foggie. We have to be close (assuming we don't have a big lead) entering the 4th. As I posted earlier in another thread, if we're down 17 going into the final quarter, as we were last year, it's curtains.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:59 pm

I am relentlessy objective when it comes to my sports teams so I have to give my honest answer ND 27-20. ND has homefield and they've looked pretty darn good so far. I think we are still a work-in-progress and will continue to improve throughout the season. If we do well in the conference schedule a loss here won't hurt as much. Love to be wrong.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:10 pm

jjabilene wrote:
...ND 27-20... Love to be wrong.

Hope your love-life improves drastically this weekend, JJ.

Seriously, I can't fault you. They do have the home-field advantage (which can be damnright incalculable in big games such as this), have definitely looked more physical up front (and what matters more in football?
Or even as much?), and certainly have motivation, losing 3/3 and 5/6.

Then again, that last factor can be detrimental to them, too; pressure can cause players, esp. the skill players (whose performance needs precision), to make mistakes, too.

Hey---it's why we play the games...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:13 pm

I certainly feel that the deck is stacked against us.

They have plenty of firepower on that team. They despise us for what we've been able to do to them for the last three years (I mean, shit, Tate Forcier even beat them). They've got the home turf advantage (multiplied considering this is just their 2nd night game ever).

However, they had the better team the last three years too. They were at home for one of those games, as well.

I'm simply keeping the faith that Denard Robinson is going to, well, Denard Robinson them one last time.

Jesus, please, let Denard Robinson Denard Robinson them one more time.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:17 pm

Admin wrote:
(I mean, shit, Tate Forcier even beat them)..

Take an even bigger, stinkier defecation, Addy--- even RichRod had a winning record vs. them!!!

Now tell me that doesn't say everything needing to be said...
Back to top Go down
eGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 4:19 pm

eGrandpa wrote:
Admin wrote:
Who ya taking?

Give us a score too...

In College Pick Em on ESPN I took Michigan for a 1 confidence point. I'm in the 99.8 percentile BTW. This is going to be a real tough match-up for UM. I trust the coaching staff will have this team improved and ready. I hope it's just close in the 4th because then I'll obviously take a senior QB winning over a Freshmen QB.

24-23 UM.

In mgoblog, I put ND winning and it got voted up 3 times? Weird
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:12 pm

eGrandpa wrote:
eGrandpa wrote:
Admin wrote:
Who ya taking?

Give us a score too...

24-23 UM.

In mgoblog, I put ND winning and it got voted up 3 times? Weird

Whattttt?

I think people are forgetting how mediocre our defense played at the beginning (and end) of last season. It's going to take a few games to get them going. People are throwing their hands in the air and saying 'Oh, shit' because of what we've seen so far. However, this WAS EXPECTED. Nobody in their right mind thought BWC & Crew were going to step in and replicate Martin & Crew from Day 1. And while I think we lack on the outside at WR, I don't think we're any worse than we were last year (Devin Gardner has come in and filled Hemingway's role without a doubt...in fact he may be even better by the end of the year if not already).

Not to mention, in big rivalry games like this, THROW EVERYTHING YOU THINK YOU KNOW RIGHT OUT THE FRIGGIN' WINDOW.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:38 pm

I can't pick against my school, and if sparty can win 4 straight against us, we can do the same thing to rudy. M 41 nd 24.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:34 pm

I am going with the Big Blue all the way. Get ready for it....31-17. That's right..won't be a close game. I was really worried when I read that the wind will be blowing 10-20 mph. Any accuracy Denard might have will be offset. However I think Denard, Fitz, Rawls, and Smith are going to rack up some major yards...and clock. I alos look for Funchess to have a big night. Devin will be effective. Roundtree will get his 2 catches for a few yards. But it will be the defense that impresses tonight. They will hold ND under 250 total yards.

Go Blue!!

PostSubject: Re: MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?   MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY? Empty

Back to top Go down

MAKE YOUR PICK: MICHIGAN OR RUDY?
Page 1 of 1