Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Borges

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Borges Empty
PostSubject: Borges   Borges EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:55 pm

I am working myself into a frenzy thinking about what to expect tomorrow night. I read a article on Tremendous breaking down what ND will try to do on defense. What a surprise he thinks they will sell out on the run. Does anyone think they will not try to contain DR and Fitz and make DR win it with his arm? Anyone? This got me thinking-Borges knows exactly what the defensive game plan will be. Why do I have zero faith that he will game plan accordingly? Could it be that we never saw the zone read during the Alabama game even though it should be a staple of this offense, especially because it can be tough to defend? Could it be in similar occasions vs. similar defenses our offense has looked flat out pedestrian? MSU last year had a strong front 7 and we never were able to get our running game going. Obviously Bama made our running game look like shit.

What do you expect to see from our offense tomorrow?

Put on your OC hat. What type of plays would you call?

If I do not see short passes in our game plan tomorrow I think i will lose it. Get the ball to the outside and let guys like Gallon and V Smith make plays. I know this sounds like RR but we have to stretch the field and make them defend sideline to sideline. Would love to see a pass to Gardner in the flat and then have him pass back to DR. Reverse to Norfleet. Keep them from clogging the middle.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Borges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges   Borges EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:58 am

Well I definitely see our tall WRs/TEs as a major part of our offensive package. Funchess and Gardner are definitely going to be targets all day. i do think that willie has a point, I think our slot receivers could be in for a big day. lots of short passes could prove key if the D sneaks up to defend Denard and the run. look for Denard to do a lot of scrambling to extend plays to get our receivers open. NDs CBs can't match up, we clearly have the upper hand there.

Look for M to try to establish a run early. if we do, it's game over for ND

I know this was basically the most broad and general gameplan ever but it's what is going to get the job done against ND in their house.

Wolverdog

Borges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges   Borges EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:30 am

If I were the OC, I would open up the medium to long passing game early to exploit their decimated back four. Make the LBers drop back to help, maybe force a nickel/dime look, thereby opening up the run and short passing game.

As with 'Bama, this puts it all on Denard's shoulders. He has a history of disappearing in big games, hopefully his past success against ND takes off some of the heat/nerves.

Work with what I've got, not what I want in the future.

Borges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Borges   Borges Empty

Back to top Go down

Borges
Page 1 of 1