Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
michmike
joe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Good Morning Everyone!!! Empty
PostSubject: Good Morning Everyone!!!   Good Morning Everyone!!! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:25 am

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Nice and cool here in EL. Visited friends back home Sayerday. Listened to the Tigers and watched the MAC/Ohio game. Both worked out in the good guy's favor. Back in StJoe Fox was showing the White Sox and not the Tigers. My buddy was bummed but listening to it was good too.

I hope all have a really nice day today!

LET'S GO BLUE!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Everyone!!!   Good Morning Everyone!!! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
...and watched the MAC/Ohio game. Both worked out in the good guy's favor...

Joe, I assume an allusion to the fact Ohio's win helps us in the Legends' Division? Because if you are insinuating the winners of Saturday's game in EL can collectively be described as "good guys"...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Everyone!!!   Good Morning Everyone!!! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 9:43 am

An MSU loss is a B1G loss, and that helps UM. Ohio will never be the good guys.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Everyone!!!   Good Morning Everyone!!! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:11 pm

Good sports weekend. Things went great for the Tigers, Spartans lost and the Ryder Cup was very compelling, even though the USA lost.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Everyone!!!   Good Morning Everyone!!! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:38 pm

A Nebraska loss would have been nice. Props to Wisky for at least showing up. I pretty much had assumed they would be a no show in Lincoln after the way they started the season.

Some good games this weekend.

Mich-Pur- Not sure if Purdue is for real or not. Marshall played them close for a quarter + and then Purdue opened up a can on them.

OSU-Neb-I would give the edge to Nebraska as the better team but this game is in C-bus so I think it could be a nail biter.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Everyone!!!   Good Morning Everyone!!! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 pm

I had a pretty amazing birthday weekend.

Friday just hung around the house with a few friends and got pretty buzzed up.

Woke up at 6:30am, made the 20-minute drive up to Evanston and tailgated all day for the IU/Northwestern game. It was funny - just like when we were students at IU, we never went to the game. Before I knew it, the game was over and we were still outside the stadium partying strong. Left about an hour or so after the game, went back to the house to recoup for Sunday.

Woke up again at 6am, boarded a Metra train from Union Station downtown Chicago and made my way to Medinah for the Ryder Cup. It was unbelievable. Honestly, perhaps the coolest sporting event I have EVER been to (and it hurts to admit that, especially on a Michigan board). It's just something unlike anything else. It's crazy being in a golf gallery and openly rooting for a guy to MISS a putt, then scream like crazy when he does. It was just awesome. I don't have a wide array of adjectives for it. Despite it being golf, it was a complete TEAM feeling. We were running around like madmen, bouncing from hole to hole to see what Mickleson did, what was Tiger looking like, Furyk, Bubba, etc.

We got to the course about 2 hours before players even hit the driving range. Made our way over to the range about an hour before the first tee time. Watched Luke Donald and Ian Poulter take some shots. Bubba, Phil and Webb Simpson were at the other box (we sat in the wrong bleacher section, unfortunately...). The two people I went with kept saying 'Let's get over to 1 tee. Let's get over there now.' I told them I wanted to hold tight and catch (possibly the only) up-close glimpse of Rory McIlroy.

Well, we waited and waited. He never showed. So about 15 minutes before the first pairing went out, we darted to 1's fairway and joined the thousands of people gathered and going crazy. We found out right after the tee shots, from a Golf Channel guy on the course, that the 'rumor at that point' (before it was reported on TV) was that Rory was running late and in the car with a state trooper trying to make it on time. We couldn't believe it. It made it's way through the crowd throughout the day, and he took all kinds of hell for it. People were screaming at him all day long, "What time is it Rory? It's Central Time, Rory!'

Anyway, I could go on all day reliving yesterday's memories.

I've decided not to go into the loss itself. That makes me heated. Especially when you start talking about that assbag fans that were there yesterday from Europe.

But, all in all, one helluva weekend.

THANK GOD I did the right thing a month ago and requested today off, because I knew after that whole weekend there was no way in Hell I'd be going to work the next day!

TheBigHouse

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Everyone!!!   Good Morning Everyone!!! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 1:24 pm

I am so jealous that you got to see the Ryder Cup. I have heard before that it is just an awesome event. I did try to get tickets through the lottery, but no luck for me. I, too, am disappointed that we loss, but still it had to be just an unbelievable experience to be there.

Let's hope that UM will give you a belated birthday present this coming weekend with a "Big" win.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Everyone!!!   Good Morning Everyone!!! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Yeah, I got lucky it was here in Chicago.

Wonderful birthday present.

I'm surprised we were able to buy off the secondary market for only $185/ticket, to be honest.

I immediately woke up this morning and started thinking about The Masters.

Yesterday is the first round of golf I've attended since a practice round at Augusta back in '96.

Needless to say, I caught the bug.

But my God...Masters tickets are outrageous. If I go, I'm going all four rounds. To do so? A cool $3,000 right now on Stubhub. And they won't falter much over the next 6-7 months leading up to it. I honestly think I'm going to pull the trigger and bite that bullet. I'll be going alone...but to be honest, I might prefer it that way. Yesterday there were times when I wanted to be a specific spot on the course and the other two wanted to be elsewhere. I think I'll just head that way alone and have a damn good time, by myself, on the most gorgeous piece of land God ever created.

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Everyone!!!   Good Morning Everyone!!! EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Admin I blame you for the collapse. What a melt down!

The Ryder Cup is awesome. Like you said the crowd and the patriotism makes it a great event. Frankly, they should do more events like this. SO much more energy and excitement during this event than any other golf event. Personally, I would not shell out 3k for the Masters. You're talking night and day from what you just attended. I realize the Masters is like the Super Bowl for golf but I'll pass. It's a little too stuffy for me.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Everyone!!!   Good Morning Everyone!!! EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:01 am

Wow ADMIN!

What a story.

Glad you had so much fun.

I went to Augusta for a Practice round in 1997, the year Tiger won his first. (by 12 I think) As you said, it may be the most beautifulo piece of property I have ever seen in my life.

Now it's on to PurDon't!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Everyone!!!   Good Morning Everyone!!! EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 1:29 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Wow ADMIN!

I went to Augusta for a Practice round in 1997, the year Tiger won his first. (by 12 I think) As you said, it may be the most beautifulo piece of property I have ever seen in my life.

That's awesome!

I actually went down for a practice round in '96, I believe. It was Tiger's first year ever playing The Masters.

We went down for the Wednesday round. Think about this group I got to follow: Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer.

Crazy, huh??

Going over and checking out the Par 3 contest was really cool too.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Morning Everyone!!!   Good Morning Everyone!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Morning Everyone!!!
Page 1 of 1