Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best Tailgate Spot in AA

Go down 
+2
sandyeggo_blue
WillieMfan
6 posters

Best Place to Tailgate in AA
Golf Course
Best Tailgate Spot in AA Vote_lcap75%Best Tailgate Spot in AA Vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
Pioneer HS
Best Tailgate Spot in AA Vote_lcap25%Best Tailgate Spot in AA Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Other-List where and why below as a reply
Best Tailgate Spot in AA Vote_lcap0%Best Tailgate Spot in AA Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Best Tailgate Spot in AA Empty
PostSubject: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:10 pm

I thought I would throw out a poll question for the forum. In years past I have loved tailgating on the golf course. Sadly it seems like the last couple of years they have tried to maximize $$$$ and have crammed cars into the golf courses. Last year for the Ohio game we had probably 4-5 cars and 12-14 people and we had enough room for one of the four corn hole games had we brought. I was pretty disappointed. They have also gotten tighter on people being able to park together.

So where do you think the best place to tailgate is? If you have not been to a game in a couple of years do not vote because the golf courses are not the way they used to be IMO.

Last edited by WillieMfan on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 12:13 pm

Pioneer as long as you get there early enough to not get stuck in the back by the baseball fields. It can get pretty muddy back there.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:16 pm

Ah. This is what my brother must have been talking about. I have only been in the parking lot but he was saying it can get muddy and the grass can be long.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 1:57 pm

I parked at the golf course once last year (WMU), then Pioneer the rest of the games.

I was at Pioneer for the Air Force game this year.

The last two games I've been there (OSU and AF), I have actually parked in the lot right behind Pioneer's football stadium press box. It's a small lot with only two rows of car...plenty of space for the aisle. I haven't determined how I feel about that spot in general. It's kind of secluded. I guess it depends on what you're looking for in those regards.

I couldn't believe Pioneer was $50 (FIFTY!!!!) for the AF game. I imagine the golf course upped their price too.

The one thing I do like about Pioneer is I think it's easier to get out after the game. All exits feed to the street that takes me to 94 (what is that, Saline Road or whatever?). As for the golf course, I've had to make my way around it and work through lights/traffic to get to the highway.

That being said alone, I think I'll vote Pioneer.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 6:56 pm

The AAGO tailgate fee is $40. Get in the correct lane when leaving the golf course and then you don't have to worry about the lights (read turn LEFT out of the golf course). Then turn left onto Main off of Stadium and you are in the same spot as Pioneer. You do realize that Pioneer is directly accross the street from the AAGO. What was the p[roblem again?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Because whenever I've been in the golf course, I've been in the area of the half oval you see in the pic. I've then, after the game, been made to exit via State Street.

Instead, I've been parking in Pioneer's lot so I can jump right on Main St. (Because it rained the night before the games we went to the GC. When it's wet, they don't open A1/B1/C1).

Anymore, I just say the hell with it and go straight to Pioneer.

Obviously, if you can get in A-C1, that's a good spot.

Best Tailgate Spot in AA Course10

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:54 pm

How much of that did you draw yourself?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Get there at 7:55a.m. and you get A1. That's what I always do. Come on Admin, be a trooper! BTW, State St. also goes directly to 94, you do have 4 or 5 lights to deal with but the AAPD should be there directing traffic and that "should" make traffic move faster.

And oh yea, isn't C2 by the Rail-Road tracks? That is a bit of a hike but when I was in school a bunch of people I knew tailgated there every game and said that it was a great time.

Oh well, toughen up buttercup...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:10 pm

For last year's Minnesota game, I attended an all day party/tailgate for a family friend who was turning 40 on the MGoPatio, located in the backyard of the second house from the corner on Berkley Ave, just 150 yards from the big house.

Best Tailgate Spot in AA Patio

I loved it. Tailgating party, walk across the street to the game, then back for more partying. I even had no trouble parking on Berkley just a few homes down since I got there 2 hours before game time. And the post-game party wasted time so I wouldn't have to leave with the rush of fans leaving Ann Arbor. This place is pretty popular now. And I've been told Sports Illustrated has reserved it for the MSU game.

As for parking, I parked at Pioneer once for the Northwestern game in 2006. It was just $30.00 then but I'm not surprised the price has gone up just like it has on the golf course. When dad and I go to games, we almost always turn off on Hoover and park on one of the student yards near Elbel Field for around $30.00 - $35.00, still cheaper than Pioneer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 9:32 am

Shocked That is a awesome looking spot WH.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:23 am

WillieMfan wrote:

It really is. There's two flat screen TV's in the two story garage to keep track of other games and that patio with the kick ass block M speaks for itself. It was just a regular backyard when I was there last year. Everything got put in this past spring.

I think it's $500 if you want to use it for a game. The guy who lives there is going to use the money to fix up the house.

https://www.facebook.com/MGoPatio
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:27 am

WE park in B-1 but this year my buddy got a season pass.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:48 am

Does the season pass get you in the stadium lot I assume?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:58 am

No, he bought a season pass to the Golf COurse. (up near the front where it says reserved.)

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:59 am

WillieMfan wrote:
How much of that did you draw yourself?

Haha...I didn't draw any of that myself. Found it online.

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Get there at 7:55a.m. and you get A1. That's what I always do. Come on Admin, be a trooper! BTW, State St. also goes directly to 94, you do have 4 or 5 lights to deal with but the AAPD should be there directing traffic and that "should" make traffic move faster.

And oh yea, isn't C2 by the Rail-Road tracks? That is a bit of a hike but when I was in school a bunch of people I knew tailgated there every game and said that it was a great time.

Oh well, toughen up buttercup...

Not sure about C2. And I usually do get up there by 8am for a Noon kick, if not earlier. I usually shoot for at least 5 hours before kickoff. I think the two games last year when GC parking was limited, it just pushed me towards Pioneer 'for good'. However, if it's as easy as you say it is, I'll go GC on the 20th.

WolverineHistorian wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

It really is. There's two flat screen TV's in the two story garage to keep track of other games and that patio with the kick ass block M speaks for itself. It was just a regular backyard when I was there last year. Everything got put in this past spring.

I think it's $500 if you want to use it for a game. The guy who lives there is going to use the money to fix up the house.

It's $500 for what, the individual or to rent the whole thing?? If it's to rent the whole thing, that's a friggin' steal. Get a group of 10-20 people and the price becomes next to nothing when split.

Something tells me $500 can't be the case anymore....but maybe I'm wrong and simply overvaluing. Living in Chicago where you pay $8 a drink will do that to you after a short while.

WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 2:57 pm

Admin wrote:

WolverineHistorian wrote:
WillieMfan wrote:

It's $500 for what, the individual or to rent the whole thing?? If it's to rent the whole thing, that's a friggin' steal. Get a group of 10-20 people and the price becomes next to nothing when split.

Something tells me $500 can't be the case anymore....but maybe I'm wrong and simply overvaluing. Living in Chicago where you pay $8 a drink will do that to you after a short while.

Last I heard, it was $500 for your group. So you're right. It is a steal if you have enough people. Although, considering the size of the actual yard, you'll be a little cramped if your party is over 35 people.

I just love how close it is to the stadium. That's about as close as you can get for a tailgate location.

Best Tailgate Spot in AA Mgopatio-1
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 3:00 pm

YEah but if you have 20 people it would only be, uh, let's see, um, damn gotta take my shoes and socks off. Ok, there. Damn, I only have 10 fingers and 10 toez! Shit!

C'mon game day PLEASE GET HERE FAST!!!!! bounce

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:22 pm

The price increased just a smidge-

How do I reserve MGoPatio and what does it cost?

Rental rates are based on limited comparables in the area
Non-conference football events are $3000 full-site, $1800 for ground floor only
Big Ten football events are $3500 ($2100 for ground floor only)
Michigan football "premium" games are $4000 ($2400 for ground floor only)
inquire about other date/event rates
a two-thirds deposit is required to hold the date
the remaing balance is due 30 days before your event
contact MGoPatio through Facebook with rental inquiries or questions

It's still available for Illinois. Come on Joe step up and take one for the team!

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Gulp! lol

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Hahaha no doubt!!!

Do it, Joe!! Do it!!!

(Peer pressure)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tailgate Spot in AA   Best Tailgate Spot in AA Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Tailgate Spot in AA
Page 1 of 1