Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brady's teams get better

Go down 
+5
WillieMfan
fishgoblue22
joe
Admin
dwoody
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Brady's teams get better Empty
PostSubject: Brady's teams get better   Brady's teams get better EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:15 am

and better as the seasom progresses. RR's teams did NOT. I love watching a team grow.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brady's teams get better   Brady's teams get better EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:30 am

Especially true of his two defenses so far.

Giving up a combined 13 points through two B1G games is excellent, regardless who you're playing.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
joe

joe

PostSubject: I said this exact thing   Brady's teams get better EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:51 am

dwoody wrote:
and better as the seasom progresses. RR's teams did NOT. I love watching a team grow.

On the way home last night.

SUre is nice to see.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Brady's teams get better   Brady's teams get better EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:54 am

They played great D vs ND. Bama is in their own league. Not sure why people were calling UM a disappointment early. I thought those two games prepared UM for the B1G season.

GO BLUE, BEAT SPARTY.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Brady's teams get better   Brady's teams get better EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:18 am

I am not sure if this is a good thing. Sure if you start the season poorly you want the team to improve. Early in Hoke's tenure this seems acceptable. That said, I hope this does not become standard operating procedure.

I am not a fan of the whole we just want to win the B1G every year. Occasionally, I would like to be in on the NC discussion. Is there something wrong with having multiple goals? Clearly that is rhetorical since there are successfully organizations everywhere that have more than one each year. We are the winning-est program in CFB. I believe we are a national program and can compete on a national level.

This year winning the B1G is a great goal. I hope the future has us in on bigger prizes.
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Brady's teams get better   Brady's teams get better EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:05 pm

@ Willie. I was having this conversation yesterday with a good friend. I am completely optimistic that the Teams will become consistent in about 2 more years. This is only Hoke and Company's 2nd year and they still haven't gotten the type of players they want. Next year the Seniors will have 3 years of consistently playing.

That being said, I expect the Defense to be very very consistent and solid. Our pass defense is currently ranked 2nd in the Nation I believe. And that is without Countess on the field. I would not be surprised if UM's defense ranks and stays in the top 5 all year.

Offensively we will have some problems. Not sure where Borges is going with that. It seems that Devin is, and will remain, a receiver. Bellomy is not impressing me, but I think he needs to be allowed to play more when we are up. Our O line is going to lose 3 sr's, but we have a lot talent that is getting a lot of playing time. Our TE's are going to be amazing, and will play a major roll whomever the QB. WR position will be respectable. Our RB's, if they keep getting carries like they have the last 2 games, are going to be very strong with a lot of options.

The way our defense has gone, the last 2 years, has followed the same pattern...we start off struggling and then walk up the rankings. Next year it levels off.

Our offense will be young at the QB position, but everything surrounding that position is going to be stout, allowing that position the opportunity to grow and mature.

Winning the B1G this year, will be huge. Making the Rose Bowl means 2 BCS Bowls in back to back years. Win the B1G next year, and you will start to see and hear NC talk. What Hoke is doing is being a lot like Bo. Focus on winning the B1G...The problem with that is the B1G is weak right now. When Bo was only worried about winning the Big 10, it was a good thing because the Big 10 was considered the toughest conference (or near the top) in the college football world. If you won the Big 10, you would already be in contention for a NC. Now, unless the B!G teams step up, winning the title means you might be in the top 10.

Okay I have rambled on long enough. Sorry, I guess the simpler answer would have been, "Don't worry, UM will be looking to vie for a NC in a couple of years". lol
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Brady's teams get better   Brady's teams get better EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:12 pm

In Bello,y's defense, his first two passes in his first drive yesterday were right on the money and dropped.
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Brady's teams get better   Brady's teams get better EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:25 pm

I also want to add that while I do not always like Borges's play-calling, I think having Denard and the other offensive players, who would not normally be playing in his system, is going to make him much better when he does morph into the west coast. He has learned a lot and will also be able to help UM get ready for Ohio and Meyer in the future. You can never have to much football knowledge and having it can help a coach create new offenses and defenses.
Back to top Go down
bluenote

bluenote

PostSubject: Re: Brady's teams get better   Brady's teams get better EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 7:12 pm

I think UM contends for the division and has a better than even shot of playing in this season's B1G title game. The Rose Bowl would be a huge bonus after last year's Sugar Bowl. Hoke & Co. are recruiting very well in rebuilding mode. 2 BCS bowls in back-to-back years and the recruiting classes that are coming up through the ranks will only help to bring UM back to what we all expect is their rightful place in CFB. In another couple years, this team could be nasty good and an undefeated Michigan would always be in the conversation for a NC.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Brady's teams get better   Brady's teams get better EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:58 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
In Bello,y's defense, his first two passes in his first drive yesterday were right on the money and dropped.

and with those two drops he was 1 for 3, so he would have been perfect. That was actually the first game where I was impressed by him. He threw a couple of nice balls. I think next year will take care of itself at QB, we have three options. However, if Lewan decides to leave early, we'll have an EXTREMELY young O-line.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Brady's teams get better   Brady's teams get better EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:33 am

I didn't realize that I hit the comma instead of the m until you quoted me. Those touch screens can be touchy.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Brady's teams get better   Brady's teams get better EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I didn't realize that I hit the comma instead of the m until you quoted me. Those touch screens can be touchy.

"Damn technology" (a quote straight from joe)...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brady's teams get better   Brady's teams get better Empty

Back to top Go down

Brady's teams get better
Page 1 of 1